VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Ride Rotation Program

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we should steal the Disney idea (which we started with TDK), take Joker's Jink from SFA and put it inside with some light themeing. Obviously it'll work since its almost the exact coaster as Rock n' Rollercoaster. Also, I love Batman but it'd be nice to see a new coaster (Batman themed) in its place. Maybe Joker's Jink. Just my thoughts

That's true about Batman. In that case, leave Batman and put Joker's Jinx (my bad on the previous spellings) into another part of the park. I really can't think off the top of my head a good place to put it now, but I'm sure there's SOMEWHERE in the park that could use a "new" ride. And, with the money saved (which I know isn't much), perform some much needed repairs/updating around the park.

How about, for the rotation, we give up Superman and put Joker's Jink in it's place. Maybe a whole new themed ride:

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

Area 51 Experiment

Have a themed line and pre-shown about you going to witness an experimental military opening of a new dimension of space, something goes terribly wrong, where it creates a portal allowing in an alien race. The only way out is through the emergency evacuation cars which take you throughout the building trying to find a way out.

Just a quick thought I made, it wouldn't be too far off the Air Force themeing throughout that area already there.

Edited by Xander

I thought FoF was a great coaster, i thought they had the themeing down and alkl in all it was a great experince whilr waiting in line, i got a bunch of pics from there somewhere ill have to dig out, i always thought anaconda was good too, i liked how you went under water in the tunnel thing, would be cool to get a rollercoaster in the lakefront area and have part of it over the water and stuff.

• 3 months later...

I hate to break it to you guys, but GADV is never going to get rid of Superman or Batman, they both (especially Superman) have some of the longest lines in the park - which is exactly why they put TVs in Superman's line. People are intrigued from the parking lot by looking at the flying trains. GASM is also a huge draw. I highly doubt any of our coasters will be removed for a while, but if one does, I hate to say it but it will probably be Skull Mountain (which is one of my absolute favorites) or Blackbeard, the least popular in the park. Kingda Ka will never leave, it would be way to expensive.

I bet that we'll either get Chang or a drop tower (big difference) back near Chiller, where it is the most empty. They said we're getting a package of new flats.

well the coasters all eventually leave, they have a life span and unfortanatly GASM is very close to that, it will be the first major coaster to be removed, however with a large removal like that the park knows that it has to be replaced with a MAJOR coaster, and a reliable one at that, maybe Six Flags will install a new Arrow Dynamics coaster that they will develop just for GA!

^Oh lord, please no! There's a reason why Arrow Dynamics no longer exists as a separate entity. Their products have been simply outclassed for almost two decades. I too love the first drop. From there (with all pun intended), it's all down hill. My last ride in 2008 felt like I was riding on square wheels. The middle is tolerable, but any ride in the back seat is worthy of death. G.A.S.M. was the ride that saved Great Adventure. For that it deserves an honorable decommission. However, its time has come. I would keep it as a lawn ornament. It's pretty in its current location.

D.H. Morgan, the de-facto successor to Arrow (since folded into ChanceMorgan) made a decent "Hypercoaster". S&S Arrow doesn't build enough coasters to count in my book. Arrow Dynamics will be remembered for building rock solid, high throughput, pain inflicting machines.

well, like i said, i here from extremly good sources that it will be around untill it can be replaced with something good, its life span is quicly comming to an end, however, with it still able to run with minimum downtime, its one of the most reliable coasters in the park, still draws a good line and its simple operating system, i think it would be wise to possibly update the ride, im not saying a medusa type make over, just maybe some new trains ,a new paint job, and a computer update, its worth keeping around. as far as the ride being rough, its always been that way, but a new style train maybe that is more roomier and more open would be neat. I would like to see gasm in a new wild paint scheme with a yellow track and sky blue supports so on nice days you couldnt see the supports and it looks like the track is floating in the air and some dark colored cars with some sort of new themeing. I think GASM is one of the countries best looping coasters, plus remeber it was a record holder too

The middle is tolerable, but any ride in the back seat is worthy of death.

I agree, I tried the back row in 2007 or 2008 and it was horrible. I gave it 1 more chance last year and it was just as bad, I will only ride in the first few cars now.

• 3 months later...

A swap of Superman: Ultimate Flight for one of those Premier launched coasters would be pretty nice! I'm not a big fan of Superman  ;) Although it would kind of kill the skyline. Those spaghetti bowls aren't exactly the nicest looking rides in the world.

and yes I know the last post date...

Edited by cygnus12

"Superman Ultimate Flight" is a fun attraction in my humble opinion. I would hate to see the ride leave, but I might reconsider for a B&&M Dive Machine. "Superman Ultimate Flight" might have a better reputation if Six Flags would properly staff it. Not having 4 people on restraints seems ridiculous.

"Superman Ultimate Flight" would be a good fit for Six Flags over Texas.

Not having 4 people on restraints seems ridiculous.

Same for Bizarro, with only 2 people checking restraints it always stacks and usually double stacks with 3 trains.

"Superman Ultimate Flight" is a fun attraction in my humble opinion. I would hate to see the ride leave, but I might reconsider for a B&&M Dive Machine. "Superman Ultimate Flight" might have a better reputation if Six Flags would properly staff it. Not having 4 people on restraints seems ridiculous.

"Superman Ultimate Flight" would be a good fit for Six Flags over Texas.

I agree completley, having 2 on the train makes it practically impossible to roll trains into the station and avoid stacking, with 4 on the train we usually get the train in the station out while the second train is just either coming through the barrel roll into the service brake or just coming on the safety brake.

Why dose the fact that there are other Superman Coaster make a difference. there are what 3other sin the US and 1or 2 others in the world. and the closest on is what GA. unlike say batman, which is a great coaster that is all over the place and closest is La ronda.

How about putting an indoor coaster where the stunt show arena is, if it's just going to sit dormant anyway? But please, no more big gray warehouses. That's neither "Amusement Park" or "Theme Park", it's "Industrial Park".

No more rides in the parking lot!

Take out Superman and plant some trees there, get back some distinction between the parking lot and the park itself.

How about putting an indoor coaster where the stunt show arena is, if it's just going to sit dormant anyway? But please, no more big gray warehouses. That's neither "Amusement Park" or "Theme Park", it's "Industrial Park".

No more rides in the parking lot!

Take out Superman and plant some trees there, get back some distinction between the parking lot and the park itself.

I don't think two indoor coasters pretty much straight across from each other would look too nice or exciting, people like indoor coasters but there is only so much you can fit indoors, plus people also like looking at the coaster run its course from the ground which can't be done with an indoor coaster. And they could just plant grass and trees and other theming in a parking lot area, the Golden Kingdom used to be a parking lot, at least the Ka portion of it.

• 2 weeks later...