VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Ride Rotation Program

29yrswithaGApass

Well, now that (as we predicted) Chang came to GA, I wonder what other moves we'll see. I think the ride rotation program makes good economic sense. Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised to see Medusa/Bizarro become a candidate. With the constant work happening on the Arena, it would make sense to reconstruct the entire area back there and Bizarro/Medusa never fit the western area anyway.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems like the ride rotation program is back but they are not picking the best rides.

So far confirmed:

* SFMM will remove Deja Vu and move it to SFNE

* SFGam will remove Iron Wolf and move it to SFAm

Rumored

* Tony hawk removal form SFDK and relocated to SFMx

• 4 months later...

What is the ride rotation program?

Well every couple years, a SF park offers up one of their rides for this program. Every one of the suggested rides is put through a search for a new location. The ride that is selected makes its way to a different SF park. This would be the "new" ride for the park. Usually, they change the name and color of the ride.

This is the first I've heard; where did you hear this?

Well a friend of mine who is in touch with his industry rumors heard that Bizarro was next on the list.

Hopefully, this is not true.

I hope Bizarro doesn't leave, it's my 3rd favorite coaster at the park and the closest thing the park has to a traditional sit down looper. If it were to be removed, I hope the park gives lots of notice so we can get our final rides in. Thanks to the rumors of GASM closing posted online, I was able to get to the park in the end of June (when the rumored closing date was July 1st) and got 8 rides in that day.

I hope Bizarro doesn't leave, it's my 3rd favorite coaster at the park and the closest thing the park has to a traditional sit down looper. If it were to be removed, I hope the park gives lots of notice so we can get our final rides in. Thanks to the rumors of GASM closing posted online, I was able to get to the park in the end of June (when the rumored closing date was July 1st) and got 8 rides in that day.

Bizarro was the first floorless coaster! It would be nice to see more improvement on the FA side, but Bizarro needs to stay. Bizarro is an original, just like GASM was. It was GASM's time to go due to its age, but its not time for Bizarro to leave yet.

I really don't see Great Adventure giving up any of it's coaster's. WIth our crowd's we need every ride we have, and then some. If one were to go, "Bizarro" would be the easiest choice, due to the fact it could be a "parking lot" coaster anywhere. All you need is a flat piece of land. "Bizarro" is my #2 coaster after "El Toro". After this year's "Adventure Alley" rides, I can see us getting another new Coaster for 2013. If I were to guess, a Movietown makeover to DC Universe, with an "El-Loco" style coaster using "Chiller's" station.

I really don't see Great Adventure giving up any of it's coaster's. WIth our crowd's we need every ride we have, and then some. If one were to go, "Bizarro" would be the easiest choice, due to the fact it could be a "parking lot" coaster anywhere. All you need is a flat piece of land. "Bizarro" is my #2 coaster after "El Toro". After this year's "Adventure Alley" rides, I can see us getting another new Coaster for 2013. If I were to guess, a Movietown makeover to DC Universe, with an "El-Loco" style coaster using "Chiller's" station.

Yeah, I figure SF might do something to Movietown in the near future. Hopefully, they fix that whole area near the Chiller station.

The mumblings I'm hearing from within the park all seem to be pointing to this season quite possibly being the last season for Bizarro. From what I have been able to piece together and again I can't confirm any of this but it does come from a collection of reliable sources is that all of the parks in the SF chain were asked to submit to corporate a coaster to be put on the "list" for ride rotation. Gadv was told they could not submit SUF because Gam had already put their SUF on the list so there was absolutely no other choice that could be made Bizarro was pretty much forced on the list.

More things I'm hearing suggest that the five "big parks": Gadv, MM, Gam, oT & oG are all required to give a coaster to the ride rotation program once every 5 years....Gam & MM have already done so. One source of mine claims however that gadv, MM & Gam have three coasters on their 5 year plans. The push that seems to be getting made right now for this year is that Bizarro is out...IMO its likely destination is between SFstl & SFoT. And 2013 we will be getting an all new B&M coaster in its spot.....I have my fingers crossed its a B&M 4D and NOT a wing rider.....but the hurtful pit in the bottom of my stomach tells me its a wing rider which makes me angry cause I've been actively posting that I wanted a B&M 4D since 2003! And you know if we get a wing rider it means you can kiss a B&M 4D goodbye

The Bizarro improvement is one of those things that "seemed like a good idea at the time." I don't know... If they maintained this ride maybe I'd be against the rumor.

I thought it was a bad idea from the get go. Money that could have been spent better. I guess Medusa's attendance was lower than they liked, so they hoped a makeover would boost it. The biggest problem for Medusa/Bizarro's attendance is it's location. It's all by itself on a deadend path on the very edge of the park. Any replacement ride will end up with the same fate once it loses it's newness. People are lazy and just don't want to walk all that way for one ride. It's really just a bad spot for any ride.