VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Ride Rotation Program

29yrswithaGApass

Six Flags "ride rotation program" was a much hyped way for Six Flags Corporation to save money while still offering a lot if its parks new attractions without constant capital investments for new equipment. The chart below summarizes the rides and parks which were part of the program in the 80s and 90s when this policy was in full swing.

gallery_2_10_67930.jpg

After skimming though RCDB.com, I came up with the following lists of coasters that could possibly be rotated. All photos are from RCDB.com. I left out coasters that were custom installations given a park's specific topography, as well as models that no other park would want or need. Also, all wood coasters as well as many older model rides were omitted.

This list is by no means official and just my selections. Also, as we have witnessed with the removal of so many rides from Great Adventure to other parks in recent years, the rotation program isn't limited to just roller coasters. Flat rides are also up for grabs.

So do you think any rotations are on the horizon for Six Flags?

Flyer Coasters:

Six Flags America - Vekoma Flyer - Batwing

p2867.jpg

Six Flags Great Adventure - B&M Flyer - Superman Ultimate Flight

p6253.jpg

Six Flags Great America - B&M Flyer - Superman Ultimate Flight

p6363.jpg

Impulse Coasters:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - Intamin - V2 Vertical Velocity

p4029.jpg

Six Flags Great America- Intamin - V2 Vertical Velocity

p2030.jpg

LIM Coasters:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Premier LIM - Poltergeist

p1769.jpg

Six Flags America - Premier LIM - Joker Jinx

p986.jpg

Stand Up Coasters:

Six Flags Great America - B&M Stand Up - Iron Wolf

p24.jpg

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - B&M Stand Up - Chang

p751.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain - B&M Stand Up - Riddler's Revenge

p488.jpg

Six Flags Over Georgia - B&M Stand Up - Georgia Scorcher

p5945.jpg

Other Coasters:

Six Flags Magic Mountain - Vekoma Giant Inverted - Deja Vu

p10694.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain - B&M Floorless - Scream!

p6568.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain - Intamin Reverse Freefall - Superman The Escape

p269.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a big fan of Vekoma style boomerang rides, but I did really like DejaVu in SFOG and SF Great America. It would be great if the third one came to me in NJ instead of me having to travel to SF Magic Mountain. :P

I still think if we were to get something at Great Adventure it would be Chang from SF Kentucky Kingdom.

Superman the Escape can't be moved to another park very easily or cheaply since it is built on a hill side and that means it would need to be redesigned to fit in another park. The base for the tower is on the side of the hill and is below the base for the launch track which is on top of the hill.

Edited by The Master

• 2 weeks later...

I think I heard (or typed) all this before! :P This was on Screamscape this morning. I have been saying all along that Chang is a prime ride to move. Personally, I think they have their "Great's" wrong and it (or Riddlers Revenge) will head to Great Adventure. We'll have to wait and see!

Six Flags Great America: 2011 - B&M Stand-Up Coaster - Rumor - (9/2/09) While at first this sounds to be perhaps one of the wildest sounding future attraction rumors yet, Screamscape sources indicate that it is being talked about. To start this story off right, we have to remember that 2011 is the big 50th anniversary year for Six Flags. One line of thought right now within the company is to take a page out of Disney’s playbook and to celebrate the big anniversary by having some of the parks give “gifts” to each other. In other words… the Six Flags Ride Rotation Program may be coming back and you’ll never guess what is being planned for Six Flags Great America. If our sources are correct and Six Flags goes ahead with the plan, SFGAm will be given the gift of Chang, the popular B&M Stand-Up coaster from Kentucky Kingdom.

Of course while this may be fine and dandy for fans of the park, it does seem to indicate that Iron Wolf will likely be retired as a result, either at the end of the 2010 season or the following year if they choose to actually let the park run both stand-up coasters for one season. Of course, we’ve also heard rumors that some questions have been asked about fixing up Iron Wolf as well and buying some new modern trains, though that could be in anticipation of relocating Iron Wolf to another smaller park in the chain like Wild Waves, The Great Escape or Six Flags Mexico.

BTW, Wild Waves? Wasn't that park sold off a while back?

Dude, I am so sorry for doubting you! This is epic. Chang at Great America is crazy and leaves me to believe KK will just be turned into a waterpark. Now, Gadv in 2011....Riddler's Revenge would be just sick and I can't even think about having that here. (In a good way) Since Gadv is Flagship...we could be getting anything.

^^Yeah we want BIG things to come to GADV, but we also have to take into consideration that Gadv may be the one GIVING the gift!!!! We all want RR, but that also means there would need to be room, and while the park does hav enough room, most likely a ride will be removed to make room. If we get RR, we might be saying Goodbye to SUF or GASM :(:(:(:(:(

I hope they dont give away kingda ka, since its a headache to maintain the ride its easy to hand it off to another park, i think that batman the ride is the oldest besides GASM but i dont think they would get rid of GASM, so BTR is the easyest to relocate, wich would make old country a huge lot to open up for say a tony hawk ride or a large stand-up coaster, but we could see a new gift as since were the flagship park we get new rides and not refurb. ones. i would settle to keep our coasters and get 6 or 7 good flats back in the park

isnt that v2 ride the same as dorney parks farienheit?

Edited by gafreak

Yeah V2 is the same as Voodoo/Possessed at Dorney

I wouldn't mind getting rid of GASM for Riddler's Revenge or Chang. I know it doesn't say that SFKK would get a new coaster but I could see GASM being very popular there. A ride with 7 inversions would probably be more of a big deal there than it is here especially since we already have another 7 inversion coaster.

Edited by Yoshi

^You seriously think that ride can fit in Chiller's old spot?....No!

Gasm is slated to be removed soon...very soon...and as much as i hate to see it go Riddlers Revenge is basically a perfect fit in that spot. I just hope they change the theme.

Actually, instead of having to see a coaster go how about we get some of our flats back from these parks. I'm looking at you SfGAmand SfOT.

GASM is never going to leave GA, its a park staple just like Rolling Thunder. If anything would go it would be BTR its old and not popular, I would love to get rid of our newest turd the dark night, what a waste of 9 mil!!!!!

1.GASM out of any coaster in the park,will be the first to go.

2.Batman:The Ride is really popular still,has had long lines almost all year.

3.TDK was worth the 7.5 Million and it's not a "turd" you would be suprised how many kids like it.

Edited by Mike13

1.GASM out of any coaster in the park,will be the first to go.

2.Batman:The Ride is really popular still,has had long lines almost all year.

3.TDK was worth the 7.5 Million and it's not a "turd" you would be suprised how many kids like it.

MY counter Arguing statments

!.I bet we could have got atleast 6 flat rides for the 7.5 mil and kept our movietown water effect wich would have way more thrills and im quite sure most would have rather MTWE that then a chessy carnival ride coaster for kids

2.BTR is comming up on 18 years old and its a very common suspended coaster thats just taking up space in the park to fill the area,It will be removed and a new coaster will sit there and where the BSA is, 2 things the park can do with out, the old batman theme is very 90's and is played way out!

3. Ill bet you will see GASM in the park for atleast another ten years before the pull it out due to age

:Z12:

MY counter Arguing statments

!.I bet we could have got atleast 6 flat rides for the 7.5 mil and kept our movietown water effect wich would have way more thrills and im quite sure most would have rather MTWE that then a chessy carnival ride coaster for kids

2.BTR is comming up on 18 years old and its a very common suspended coaster thats just taking up space in the park to fill the area,It will be removed and a new coaster will sit there and where the BSA is, 2 things the park can do with out, the old batman theme is very 90's and is played way out!

3. Ill bet you will see GASM in the park for atleast another ten years before the pull it out due to age

:Z12:

-There was something wrong with MTWE so it would of taken money to fix it..But still TDK is a solid addition,it has done it's job,bringing in families and the "tweens" Shapiro is trying to draw in.

-Even though Batman is having it's sweet 16 this year,it still has alot of rider ship and it's Six Flags,anything with a Batman theme is okay to them.Plus Batman doesn't break down to often,so why remove it when it still draws lines and rarely goes down.

-And we will see :arabia: