VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Ride Rotation Program

29yrswithaGApass

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a bad idea from the get go. Money that could have been spent better. I guess Medusa's attendance was lower than they liked, so they hoped a makeover would boost it. The biggest problem for Medusa/Bizarro's attendance is it's location. It's all by itself on a deadend path on the very edge of the park. Any replacement ride will end up with the same fate once it loses it's newness. People are lazy and just don't want to walk all that way for one ride. It's really just a bad spot for any ride.

I agree. Any ride that is put in that area of the park is in its own "grave" so to speak. No one is willing to walk all the way to the other side of the park to ride Bizarro. When the ride first came out, it was a smashing hit. I remember going the first week the ride open, the lines were packed to get on this new thrill seeking ride. It's been 12 years since the opening of Medusa/Bizarro. No one seems too interested in it anymore. Maybe by opening the season pass entrance again, maybe SF will see an improvement in ride attendance. Speaking of old rides, Batman:TR is going to be 20 years old (2013). Its one of my favorite rides every since I first came to the park. Everyone loves that inverted looping coaster. It's a "classic" to me and probably the majority of other rides. It's also in a better area(MovieTown) which attracts more customers to the ride. Medusa/Bizarro was put in the wrong place ever since it debuted in 99.

When will they get the hint? Supersuck should go and Bizarro should stay. Granted, SUF has longer lines, but that's due to piss poor capacity and not for actual popularity. Bizarro is our last mega looper and it would be very sad to see it go the way of Scream Machine.

As opposed to rotating the coasters, I'd like to see GAdv do another makeover on medusa, ala 2009, but much more. Medusa(thats atleast what i still call it)'s attendance is low mainly because of it's location in the park. in 2013, i'd like to see another "Adventure alley" esque expansion, only this time in the Movietown/Old Country area. Add another drop tower to Freefall's old spot and name it Stuntman's Freefall again and demolish chiller's stations(and Musik express if the reports of it being beyond repair are true) and put Medusa there. Repaint it brown with black supports and rename it "Spin meister". This, with a reopened old country, will give it a lot more attention and more people will see it and ride it. then, add another flat ride to the old spin meister's area to complete a old country revamp.

When will they get the hint? Supersuck should go and Bizarro should stay. Granted, SUF has longer lines, but that's due to piss poor capacity and not for actual popularity. Bizarro is our last mega looper and it would be very sad to see it go the way of Scream Machine.

Unfortunately, SF Great America, allegedly already put their SUF in the 5 year program. This left Great Adventure with no choice but to put up Bizarro.

As opposed to rotating the coasters, I'd like to see GAdv do another makeover on medusa, ala 2009, but much more. Medusa(thats atleast what i still call it)'s attendance is low mainly because of it's location in the park. in 2013, i'd like to see another "Adventure alley" esque expansion, only this time in the Movietown/Old Country area. Add another drop tower to Freefall's old spot and name it Stuntman's Freefall again and demolish chiller's stations(and Musik express if the reports of it being beyond repair are true) and put Medusa there. Repaint it brown with black supports and rename it "Spin meister". This, with a reopened old country, will give it a lot more attention and more people will see it and ride it. then, add another flat ride to the old spin meister's area to complete a old country revamp.

This has got me thinking that SFGA needs a lot of work done with the park. Nothing is the same in the park anymore. Granted, change is good but to an extent. Great Adventure's new boss has created plenty of windows to help make the park greater with an arsenal of new ideas. However, there is a saying "you've bit off more than you can chew." He's created too many projects that cannot be done all at once.

I'd just like to remind everyone, this is just a rumor...and plans have a habit of changing right up until the last minute even if it is in the works.

I keep reading about the park's "FIVE YEAR PLAN" on the web and I have news-- there is no such thing. They may have several ideas of what they would like to do over the next five years, but nothing is ever set in stone. Six Flags doesn't work this way, never has and never will. What a park gets or doesn't get is a joint decision between corporate and the park level management. If a park has a poor performance one season, that can mean plans change. If the park has local competition, plans may change to counter the competition's plans.

People have this image of a timeline all planned out of "well, every two years the park will add a coaster and on the off years they'll add flat rides and water park additions". It's not like that. I think the perception is "well that's the way Disney does things, so all parks do that" and it's not the case even for Disney. Until something is actually removed or built, everything about it is subject to change right up until the last minute.

I know in the past there were five year plans created for Great Adventure...

Opening: April 1974-The complete Safari plus approximately one-quarter of the Enchanted Forest , Dream Street , Neptune's Kingdom and Over the Rainbow.

Opening: April 1975-Completion of three-quarters of The Enchanted Forest, Dream Street , Neptune's Kingdom and Over the Rainbow.

Opening one third of Wild Country, Sports and Games and the Beach and Recreational facilities.

Opening: April 1976-Completion of the Enchanted Forest , Dream Street , Neptune's Kingdom, Over the Rainbow and Wild Country. Completion of two-thirds of Sports and Games and Beach and Recreational Facilities. Completion of the first two major hotels and facilities.

Opening: April 1977-Completion of Beach and Recreational Facilities. Completion of two major hotels.

Opening: April 1978-Additional hotels. Completion of Sports and Games.

In addition, there was the five year plan which started in 2005 with the Golden Kingdom, and 2006 with PDC, all of which was supposed to have completely rehabbed the park. That fell through due to change in management and finances.

After that, Shapiro asked each park to submit five year plans...NONE of what was submitted ended up happening.

NEVER COUNT YOUR CHICKENS BEFORE THEY HATCH!

I think it's better to place a coaster in the back of the park instead of in the parking lot. My main beef with the location is that it ruins the safari. I don't think you can blame the location too much for the lack of interest, Nitro doesn't seem to have a problem attracting people and it's just as far out of the way. I think it's more the coaster itself that people aren't that interested in.

Here are the list of parks that removed their coaster for the ride rotation!

KEY:

CONFIRMED

RUMORED

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom = Pandemonium

Six Flags Magic Mountain = Deja Vu

Six Flags Over Georgia

Six Flags Great America = Iron Wolf

Six Flags America = Batwing

Six Flags New England = Flashback

Six Flags St. Louis

Six Flags Great Adventure = Bizzaro

Six Flags Great Escape

Six Flags Fiesta Texas = Poltergiest

Six Flags Over Texas

Six Flags La Ronde

Six Flags Mexico

Since I am a Fiesta Texas fan, but if the rumors are true than I believe that Poltergeist will be leaving (if it was chosen)! Six Flags New England might remove Flashback for the rotation, maybe Batwing at SFA, and I don't know about the others!

If any roller coaster was going to leave the park for rotation, I would have guessed Bizarro. Since it is the worlds first floorless coaster, I think that it needs to stay at its orginal park. Personally I dont like the ride rotation program. I dont think that the parks should remove rides that you got used to being there for such a long time and replace them with another ride, expecially a used ride like Green Lantern. Sure another park may like to have Bizarro, but it belongs to Great Adventure. Besides we have Chiller up for sale, cant that be sent away instead of Bizarro. It is listed as "working."

If any roller coaster was going to leave the park for rotation, I would have guessed Bizarro. Since it is the worlds first floorless coaster, I think that it needs to stay at its orginal park. Personally I dont like the ride rotation program. I dont think that the parks should remove rides that you got used to being there for such a long time and replace them with another ride, expecially a used ride like Green Lantern. Sure another park may like to have Bizarro, but it belongs to Great Adventure. Besides we have Chiller up for sale, cant that be sent away instead of Bizarro. It is listed as "working."

Because Chiller is a nightmare.... it's been sitting in that field since 2008/09 and it has so many issues, I don't see who would WANT to buy it.

Even though I'm not going to the park anymore for various reasons, I would be rather upset if Bizarro/Medusa did go out. Dead end or not, it's still one of the better rides SFGA has, and it's easily forgotten about or overshadowded by rides like Superman: Ultimate Flight which is "meh" compared to Bizarro. It just makes you wonder whatelse will be on the chopping block soon.

~Stargazer Alchemist

Six Flags America can't get ride of Batwing. They need to get better coasters before they can take out their best one. Iron Wolf just doesn't cut it.

<_<

The only thing I remember about Batwing is how it messed up my shoulder and I had to put ice on it for 3 days afterwards. Six Flags America was not a memorable park at all... and looking at the possible list a few posts up, I don't see how any of those would be a suitable replacement for Bizarro.

<_<

The only thing I remember about Batwing is how it messed up my shoulder and I had to put ice on it for 3 days afterwards. Six Flags America was not a memorable park at all... and looking at the possible list a few posts up, I don't see how any of those would be a suitable replacement for Bizarro.

I loved Batwing. I would rather them add Joker's Jinx for rotation, but they can't because Fiesta Texas put their Premier LIM up already....That is if this all is true, which I hope it isn't.

I loved Batwing. I would rather them add Joker's Jinx for rotation, but they can't because Fiesta Texas put their Premier LIM up already....That is if this all is true, which I hope it isn't.

I feel like another launch coaster would be bad for the SFGA menagerie, looking at past records with Kingda Ka and Chiller.

Honestly, other than Green Lantern, I don't see GA getting any of the hand me downs from other parks. I see the big parks like GA, GAm, MM giving up old coasters and getting new coasters (like GAm is doing now). Chang/GL was a fluke...it was over-built for the size of park it was at and much more suited to a big park.

It's like kids clothes, hand me downs go TO the little cousins, not the other way around. ;)

I believe the rotation program is only for the small parks that can benefit from the Older (less popular rides) from the larger profitable parks. These parks can afford to loose a ride so long as they replace with a new attraction. The return on investment is almost guarunteed because these Big 4 are profitable. For the smaller parks, its best to have a lower investment for ease of returning profit to be safe. So I'd expect used rides to be placed at small parks while larger parks get brand new rides. That Said, I agree that Batwing is up on the chopping block most likely (joker's jinx is very popular at SFA and can't see it moving), I can't see Poltergesit moving at SFFT either. I think they are just going to be in the new catergory (i.e. Rattler Upgrade) Don't forget a cost effective measure is also retrofitting older rides at the existing park if the Return on Investment is likely. Giving Rattler the New Texas Giant treatment will probably yeild a definite return on investment whereas upgrading SFA's Batwing (The new vekoma trains and changing it's system from the outdated version to the system the Cedar parks use) will most likely Not. If New England gives up flashback... I could see it being scrapped. At SFSTL I honestly don't know. All I can tell you is that Ninja should be scrapped (if it were up to me) and I could see a ride like an updated Batwing going there, although they really need a hyper after SFOG stole theirs).

Lets say that Batwing, Bizarro, Flashback, and Poltergeist were all was removed for the 2013 season! And if I would have to choose the park they go to then here is my list!

Batwing moves to SFOT for the first flying coaster in Texas!

Bizzaro moves to SFStL for the first floorless coaster in the Mid-West!

Flashback moves to SFA, so that they will have a new coaster and have it located in TwoFace spot so no empty spots!

Poltergeist moves to SFMM in Log Jammers spot. The reason is that people say premier was in the park and Poltergeist is a Premier Coaster and people say that SFMM will be getting a launch coaster and here you go! Another reason is that fans will be happy for another coaster and other fans in the world will be happy that the park didn't get another brand new coaster like always! lol

Edited by Jerry

I think it's better to place a coaster in the back of the park instead of in the parking lot. My main beef with the location is that it ruins the safari. I don't think you can blame the location too much for the lack of interest, Nitro doesn't seem to have a problem attracting people and it's just as far out of the way. I think it's more the coaster itself that people aren't that interested in.

Nitro isn't that far out of the way and has many other rides nearby. Roaring Rapids is right acrosss from Nitro. Plus it's just a short walk to Batman, Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, and those kiddie rides and it does stick up alot so people notice it. Bizarro is all by itself, it's a long walk from either Runaway Mine Train or El Toro. It's all by itself with no other nearby ride which was not good planning. Heck it doesn't even have restrooms, shops, or food service close to it like Nitro, Bizarro is almost like an outpost. Though I still like Bizarro and I do not want to see it go.

Building a coaster over a parking lot like Superman helps to attract more people to it since it's one of the first rides they see after getting out of their cars. It may not be pretty to build a coaster like that but it helps draw more people to it. That is besides being a lower capcity ride and being next door to a "new" (at least to most GADV vistors) coaster now. There are also other rides, restrooms, shops, and food service nearby to Superman.

As for the rotation program, I think it's one of those ideas that works much better on paper than in the real world.

Lets say that Batwing, Bizarro, Flashback, and Poltergeist were all was removed for the 2013 season! And if I would have to choose the park they go to then here is my list!

Batwing moves to SFOT for the first flying coaster in Texas!

Bizzaro moves to SFStL for the first floorless coaster in the Mid-West!

Flashback moves to SFA, so that they will have a new coaster and have it located in TwoFace spot so no empty spots!

Poltergeist moves to SFMM in Log Jammers spot. The reason is that people say premier was in the park and Poltergeist is a Premier Coaster and people say that SFMM will be getting a launch coaster and here you go! Another reason is that fans will be happy for another coaster and other fans in the world will be happy that the park didn't get another brand new coaster like always! lol

I agree with MOST of that (all logical moves) except Poltergeist to MM. I see them getting a brand new coaster custom made for that spot since it's such a unique location.

I also don't think we'll see that many coasters put into rotation each season. I would say probably two a year tops...and of course if there's a lot of public backlash the program could easily stop again.

if six flags doesnt own chiller who does, i think that should be the coaster to put in the rotation, but if i had to give one up id rather see tdk or skull mountain go . bizarro is a great ride and like to ride is because its one of the few i dont mind waiting for.

who started this rumor? it sounds like a bunch of horse s@#t.....

It is I was just contacted by a 100% reliable inside source who tells me that bizarro is absolutely not going anywhere for the 2013 season. As for this rumor it was chatter coming from people that while not inside sources usually seem to have reliable info....in this case it wound up being absolutely wrong so at this point I wouldn't take anything at all from this rumor as true....ride rotation, lists, etc etc just forget it was ever mentioned. Sorry for sharing I don't usually say things without being sure of them but when I saw someone already posted what I had also heard I felt compelled to share that I had heard it too, that wont be happening again anytime soon

if six flags doesnt own chiller who does, i think that should be the coaster to put in the rotation, but if i had to give one up id rather see tdk or skull mountain go . bizarro is a great ride and like to ride is because its one of the few i dont mind waiting for.

chiller was bought by an oversees company with the plans of restoring it and then selling it. The best I can figure this company didn't have immediate plans for it and therefore found a location near gadv where they could pay to have it stored until they finally decided to do something with it. At this point its been sitting so long I have a feeling the company MIGHT (keyword) have given up on the idea of doing something with it. I would not be surprised at this point to see it either sold for scrap metal by the company OR dumped on the farmer they were paying for storage who will likely sell it for scrap metal as well. The fact that its so close to gadv only proves that someone else owns it cause if gadv owned it they would store it on their own property not pay a farmer 3 miles down the road to keep it there that makes NO sense! As far as skully goes transporting the rock work isn't possible so if they did transport it, it would be as an outdoor coaster which doesn't seem worth it to me

Edited by JJ2K