VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

On 2/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, pashacar said:

What contractor? Looks from the booking experience like a homespun operation.

Maybe SF spun off a new separate company to operate the the glamping site? 

From The Star Ledger / nj.com:

The full list of new attractions this season includes:

- THE FLASH: Vertical Velocity: The first triple-launch “super boomerang” coaster to open in North America rushes forward and backward at nearly 60 miles per hour through a 180-degree twisted drop and zero-G roll.
- Splash Island: The family-centric area has a new tree-house play structure and seven slides for kids. It opens May 18 at Hurricane Harbor.
- Savannah Sunset Resort and Spa: Guests can experience a “once-in-a-lifetime safari glamping experience” by staying overnight within the Wild Safari. It opens June 14.
- Dream Street Pathway: Guests can purchase an anniversary brick and keepsake as part of the park’s 50-year anniversary. The inscribed bricks will “adorn a new pathway located at the theme park’s original entrance,” officials said.
- Six Flags Adventure World: The new store along the Dream Street Pathway will selll “Six Flags essentials,” officials said.
- THE FLASH Store: The location will sell “fan favorites” to commemorate the new ride.

The attractions and park elements that will be upgraded this season include:

- The Sawmill Log Flume and Giant Wheel, formerly known as the Big Wheel, will be refurbished.
- Congo Rapids will return to its original name, Roaring Rapids.
- Retail stores, including Mainstreet Market and Thrillseekers shops, will be upgraded. Gluten-free options will also be expanded at Primos Pizza.
- Several restaurants will receive updates, including Best of the West Grill & Saloon, Main Street Pub, Kickin’ Chicken Sports Bar, Funnel Cake Factory and Yum Yum Café.
- Visitors will find an updated toll plaza and parking areas, including newly designated parking areas, preferred sections and car charging stations for registered guests with the “Speedy Parking” option.
- Safari Off Road Adventure has been reimagined and will open March 30.
- Three new Roller Coaster Coffee locations will serve Starbucks.

- Premium and signature cocktails will be available across the park.

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2024/03/six-flags-great-adventure-reopening-with-6-new-attractions-for-big-anniversary.html

Edited by Great Adventurer
Formatting

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I don't like the sound of updated and newly designated parking areas. 

Can't say I'm overly thrilled about the idea of that either. Unless it's something as simple as additional EV charging, I don't think there's a need to further segment the parking lot. Even with the "Preferred" perk some of my passes have allegedly included, I've always opted to avoid the melee of cars funneling into that area and just walk the extra distance instead.

Sad to see the Parachute tower missing from the park map. The Flash's location will make a dynamic first impression entering the park. 

• Like 1

It's definitely sad to have a map without the iconic parachutes - I wonder if that tower has anything to do with Superman and Green Lantern not opening until Memorial Day weekend.

Seeing Dream Street marked on the map again certainly is nice. Quite a relief to see the Skyway as well. They really chose an excellent location for The Flash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone....My website, FlyinPhilsPhotos, is back online and now secure, running on GoDaddy...

I have just added the following Aerial Photo galleries showing the area that FLASH will occupy both before and after construction started:

November 15, 2023

February 5, 2024

March 8, 2024

I plan to provide additional galleries as I overfly Great Adventure on future flights...

Enjoy !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...