VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

why anyone so angry about this and blaming on seilm & six flags for it, the reason why wild safari was brought back in 2020 was because of the pandemic (back when theres are so many social distancing), the return of the safari off road adventure will reused the wild safari entrance (& possibly the safari explration station as the entrance for the attraction)

Edited by harry2004

3 hours ago, harry2004 said:

why anyone so angry about this and blaming on seilm & six flags for it, the reason why wild safari was brought back in 2020 was because of the pandemic (back when theres are so many social distancing), the return of the safari off road adventure will reused the wild safari entrance (& possibly the safari explration station as the entrance for the attraction)

I can't speak for others, but I prefer driving myself in my own car vs relying on the discretion of the truck driver. 

• Like 1

so, if safari off road adventure entrance & exit is still in the frontier adventure, they could retheme the facade so it can fit in with the area, maybe retheming the pick up & drop out station as a western themed train station and maybe retheme the mini gift shop to a western themed shop

Edited by harry2004

• 2 months later...

It's on the December 18th Planning Board Agenda.

https://www.jacksontwpnj.net/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_12182023-742

H. Engineering/Planning Matters Block:

3101, Lot: 11.01 – Six Flags Great Adventure, LLC

2024 Capital Improvements for Six Flags Wild Safari

Engineer: Colliers Engineering & Design

Attorney: Adam Pfeffer, Esq.

Block: 3101, Lot: 11.01 – Six Flags Great Adventure, LLC

2024 Capital Improvements for Construction of a New Roller Coaster

Engineer: Colliers Engineering & Design

Attorney: Adam Pfeffer, Esq.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

I find it interesting that they decided to put the entrance right against the Old Country path as opposed to having it in the Catering Area.  I figured the catering area would be shrunk with a new plaza being put over there for Flash, and the Old Country path being left relatively open for future development.  I like the direction they went in though, this went from just being the coaster to an entire expansion of the Metropolis area!

• Like 1

Any thoughts about the Savannah Sunset Resort/Spa?  I guess I'm surprised with the number of actual tent structures they will be constructing, in addition to what seems to be a sort of central bunk house.  Perhaps I'm not visualizing this concept correctly.

• Like 1

I do like that they're proposing to move the arboretum to across from the transaction rather than eliminate it altogether. This looks like it's going to bring us very close to finally seeing each of the former parts of the Old Country section rehabbed and reopened to the public. Hopefully tree loss is relatively minimal.

20 hours ago, Daved Thomson said:

Any thoughts about the Savannah Sunset Resort/Spa?  I guess I'm surprised with the number of actual tent structures they will be constructing, in addition to what seems to be a sort of central bunk house.  Perhaps I'm not visualizing this concept correctly.

This company is supplying the tent structures:

https://bushtecsafari.com/

The first Vekoma shipment is on the way.

QoWYBba.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s still ridiculous that we even have to ask if construction has begun on The Flash, meanwhile vertical construction on Iron Menace is almost done. Why does Six Flags take their time with construction?

• 4 weeks later...

First I thought it was $1,199.99 for 2 nights and thought that sounded expensive. Then I saw that was the rate per night. I wonder if it's going to be one of those type of offers where they will discount it to make it look like it is a deal based on full price or they really expect people are going to be willing to pay those prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I wonder if this will end up as GAdv's version of Disney's failed Starcrusier hotel? There are some bad similarities between the two. 

This seems to be a contractor building and running it, so the risk for the park is minimal. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nbadude44 said:

Hallelujah! They finally started construction! At this rate, it should be open by September! Let's GO!!!!!!!

And this is what has annoyed me about a lot of our recent additions. “New for 2024, specifically the last few months, assuming no delays.”

Having moved last year and now being within day trip distance of Holiday World, Indiana Beach, Kings Island, and Cedar Point, it’s so foreign to me that all four parks have new coasters on track to be open for opening day (assuming All American Triple Loop does actually open this year lol).

I dearly love Great Adventure, but it’s tough for me to schedule trips to NJ by the time new rides open due to the fact that that’s when work generally gets busy for me and doesn’t slow down until the offseason. 

• Like 1