VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

14 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

my guess its the number of launches on the venom super inverted boomerang coaster

Where did you hear inverted? How cool would it be (and probably 0% chance if happening) to be dueling, chiller themed, and one super boomerang and one inverted super boomerang

1 hour ago, flatcover said:

Where did you hear inverted? How cool would it be (and probably 0% chance if happening) to be dueling, chiller themed, and one super boomerang and one inverted super boomerang

I'm sorry, when I heard super boomerang, I thought its has inverted in the title

(sorry for my typing on the word vekoma because anytime I type the word vekoma on the forums, its got switched to venom instead of vekoma)

Edited by harry2004

sorry for double posting, but I wont be surprised if six flags can somewhat brings back the old 1989 entrance place gate idea but with changes (like keeping the foundation & Main Street market) given the markings:

https://greatadventurehistory.com/1989EntrancePlaza.htm

Edited by harry2004

On 12/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, ericthewanderer said:

How about for 2024 we get 3 things:1-remove the paintball building 2-new lights for the Big Wheel 3-MORE TREES!!!

This is the best time, the night before the announcement (rumored to be tomorrow) with anticipation at its highest. We went from talking in 2009 about if Roller Thunder would still be here, to the markers showing up, to thinking we were getting Busch Gardens Drachen Spire planned but not built ride based on the conference call wording, to getting the clues which make it sound like the first Vekoma Super Boomerang in the US. Gotta give some credit to the post I tagged above as it seems like these will be part of the new for 2024 additions. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mattkopp23 said:

Went to the rides tab of Great Adventure’s website and saw this!

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/the-flash-vertical-velocity

honestly this entire thing has been wildly disappointing.   I know, I should be happy were seeing another coaster and it’s a decent one at that. But from the get go to hear how one of the biggest parks in the chain had a LAST MINUTE addition for their 50th anniversary.  What were they planning outside of this?!   Why is this park treated like an outcast.  The 50th anniversary coaster should’ve been something massive.   
It’s a coaster.  I’m happy. But I’m not at the same time.  Idk 

• Like 1

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 50th Anniversary

With the Largest Park Investment in Nearly 20 Years

JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 29, 2023 ─Since 1974,  Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari has been providing ultimate thrills and family entertainment to guests from around the world. In 2024, the property will celebrate 50 years of family fun and thrills with a first-of-its-kind new family roller coaster, a luxury camping experience and off-road adventure within the Wild Safari, and 50th anniversary celebrations.

“With our largest park investment in almost two decades, we are excited to offer guests of all ages compelling new experiences that make Six Flags Great Adventure the most popular theme park experience in the Northeast during our 50th Anniversary Celebration. In 2024, we will debut our 15th roller coaster, the first-of-its-kind in the Western Hemisphere; and the most unique overnight experience in the country within our 350-acre safari,” said Park President Brian Bacica.   

With innovation in its DNA, Six Flags Great Adventure continues to excite thrill seekers of all ages in 2024. Highlights of new additions include:

·        THE FLASH™: Vertical Velocity Presented in partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment and DC, the first super boomerang coaster to open in North America rushes forward and backward at nearly 60 miles per hour through a 180-degree twisted drop and zero-G roll. In a flash, it changes direction and speeds off again, backward;

·        Luxury Safari Experience  An authentic African lodging experience at the NEW Savannah Sunset Resort & Spa set within the expansive 350-acre Wild Safari Park. Overnight guests will enjoy ultra-luxurious “glamping” accommodations, scenic vistas, spa services and VIP dining, all creating an unforgettable safari getaway;

·        Safari Off-Road Adventure Returns– The Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will close this Fall and reopen in 2024 as the Safari Off-Road Adventure giving guests a guided tour offering a more personalized experience through our 350-acre safari. Guests can board safari off-road vehicles in two locations, Frontier Adventures within the theme park or at the main Wild Safari entrance;

·        Guests Become a Part of the Adventure– Leading up to the 50thAnniversary Celebration, guests will be invited to become part of the adventure with the purchase of an anniversary brick and keepsake. These bricks will adorn a new pathway located at the theme park’s original entrance;

·        Nostalgic Enhancements– Six Flags Great Adventure will add nostalgic elements that give a nod to the park’s history including an upgrade for two original park favorites, the Log Flume and iconic Big Wheel;

Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the Biggest Sale of the Year, featuring discounts of up to 70% on season passes, tickets, and more, available now through September 5. What sets this offer apart is that not only can park visitors enjoy the new 2024 experiences with their season passes, they can also receive admission throughout the remainder of 2023 including access to the highly popular Six Flags Fright Fest.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

The Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will close this Fall and reopen in 2024 as the Safari Off-Road Adventure giving guests a guided tour offering a more personalized experience through our 350-acre safari. Guests can board safari off-road vehicles in two locations, Frontier Adventures within the theme park or at the main Wild Safari entrance

Deja Vu

47 minutes ago, Clearvue said:

honestly this entire thing has been wildly disappointing.   I know, I should be happy were seeing another coaster and it’s a decent one at that. But from the get go to hear how one of the biggest parks in the chain had a LAST MINUTE addition for their 50th anniversary.  What were they planning outside of this?!   Why is this park treated like an outcast.  The 50th anniversary coaster should’ve been something massive.   
It’s a coaster.  I’m happy. But I’m not at the same time.  Idk 

An outcast?  The park is getting a resort hotel, renovations on two loved attractions and millions of dollars in upgrades; on top of the new first of its kind in the country roller coaster.

• Like 3

I really like what Six Flags has done for this park in 2024 as well as some of the additions to the other Six Flags parks for next season. They have hit quite a few of those Great ADVENTure Calendar wishes.

I do like the placement of the ride, as it looks like no other rides are being removed for it. Looks like the station may be placed in the picnic area. 

59 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Six Flags Great Adventure Celebrates 50th Anniversary

With the Largest Park Investment in Nearly 20 Years

JACKSON, N.J. ─ August 29, 2023 ─Since 1974,  Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari has been providing ultimate thrills and family entertainment to guests from around the world. In 2024, the property will celebrate 50 years of family fun and thrills with a first-of-its-kind new family roller coaster, a luxury camping experience and off-road adventure within the Wild Safari, and 50th anniversary celebrations.

“With our largest park investment in almost two decades, we are excited to offer guests of all ages compelling new experiences that make Six Flags Great Adventure the most popular theme park experience in the Northeast during our 50th Anniversary Celebration. In 2024, we will debut our 15th roller coaster, the first-of-its-kind in the Western Hemisphere; and the most unique overnight experience in the country within our 350-acre safari,” said Park President Brian Bacica.   

With innovation in its DNA, Six Flags Great Adventure continues to excite thrill seekers of all ages in 2024. Highlights of new additions include:

·        THE FLASH™: Vertical Velocity Presented in partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment and DC, the first super boomerang coaster to open in North America rushes forward and backward at nearly 60 miles per hour through a 180-degree twisted drop and zero-G roll. In a flash, it changes direction and speeds off again, backward;

·        Luxury Safari Experience  An authentic African lodging experience at the NEW Savannah Sunset Resort & Spa set within the expansive 350-acre Wild Safari Park. Overnight guests will enjoy ultra-luxurious “glamping” accommodations, scenic vistas, spa services and VIP dining, all creating an unforgettable safari getaway;

·        Safari Off-Road Adventure Returns– The Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will close this Fall and reopen in 2024 as the Safari Off-Road Adventure giving guests a guided tour offering a more personalized experience through our 350-acre safari. Guests can board safari off-road vehicles in two locations, Frontier Adventures within the theme park or at the main Wild Safari entrance;

·        Guests Become a Part of the Adventure– Leading up to the 50thAnniversary Celebration, guests will be invited to become part of the adventure with the purchase of an anniversary brick and keepsake. These bricks will adorn a new pathway located at the theme park’s original entrance;

·        Nostalgic Enhancements– Six Flags Great Adventure will add nostalgic elements that give a nod to the park’s history including an upgrade for two original park favorites, the Log Flume and iconic Big Wheel;

Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the Biggest Sale of the Year, featuring discounts of up to 70% on season passes, tickets, and more, available now through September 5. What sets this offer apart is that not only can park visitors enjoy the new 2024 experiences with their season passes, they can also receive admission throughout the remainder of 2023 including access to the highly popular Six Flags Fright Fest.

Wow, I gotta say, they absolutely killed it here. I can't think of a better way to celebrate the anniversary. Bravo Six Flags!

• GAcoaster changed the title to New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!
2 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Deja Vu

Except this mentions two options, where the original version didn't have that?

So, people could still see the safari without entering the theme park (as was the case originally and more recently with the drive-thru version).

Makes sense to allow for both options, as there will always be some people that have no interest in a theme park but would enjoy the animal side.