VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

1 hour ago, mattkopp23 said:

I just feel like whatever coaster it is, it will go in that entrance area since they teased  that section twice and there are already markers there.

I don't know that has been established. There may be changes coming to the entrance, not necessarily a coaster. 

35 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I'm so glad GADV decided to not remove Cyborg; I personally felt it was the spiritual successor to Twister. Now it's going to have a neighbor so maybe it'll get more love from park goers in 2024

That hasn't been established either. A new attraction generally means removal of other attractions... 

AFAIK Cyborg's future is questionable but not for 2024, the markers are nearby but don't seem within Cyborg's plot itself. Old Country has a lot of room to work with behind the walls in catering section as well as a possible station in the clearing next to JL:BFM. Nothing is established until an official announcement, however

1 hour ago, Gyrotron said:

I'm so glad GADV decided to not remove Cyborg; I personally felt it was the spiritual successor to Twister. Now it's going to have a neighbor so maybe it'll get more love from park goers in 2024

I really like what the park has done to develop that area over the past decade. The one thing it seems to be missing is a coaster and it looks like it'll get finally get one!

• Like 2

I think if this coaster is going over the front entrance, then it's probably crossing to the area where the go-karts are now, and I'd probably expect those to be removed as a result. I can't see it jumping to the Parachutes/Twister site as some have speculated, that's just far too busy of a walkway for Six Flags to reasonably send track over.

The Cotaland Vekoma Tilt is a really interesting rumor, but I can't see where that layout would fit over or near the entrance skyline much. Definitely fits the "Look Down" teaser we got, though!

So with what we've heard so far, I think it's safe to assume (doesn't mean it's confirmed) the following:

1. The ride, being a last minute addition, was likely intended for another park, but was then cancelled, allowing GAdv to swoop in at the last second. Funnily enough, it will not have been the first time the park has gotten a coaster this way.

2. Despite this ride being a last minute addition, it's likely going to be fairly expensive, probably around the 30 million dollar range.

3. It will probably interact with the entrance in some way.

4. The "Sometimes you have to look down for the best views..." clue is most definitely significant.

Very exciting next couple of weeks ahead of us.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GAcoaster said:

Not necessarily a $30 million ride, but they are spending that much on the park next year between new ride, rehabs, and 50th anniversary stuff overall. 

Are you sure? I remember they said during the conference call that the spike in capex was solely due to the ride being added to the park, not including everything else that was already planned. I could've easily misinterpreted that though.

That's an interesting hint. I am maybe thinking that instead of looking at those as numbers, maybe they are supposed to be words.

For 50(th anniversary) for 8(?) fifteenth (coaster) two for ten for thirty six?

Maybe this is a name hint. I am looking at the 10 and 36 and maybe those have to do with Great American Scream Machine being removed in 2010 during the park's 36th year of being open. Maybe the new coaster will once again be called the Great American Scream Machine. A great name that I would love to see return to the park for a new coaster.

7 minutes ago, brendanmac said:

That's an interesting hint. I am maybe thinking that instead of looking at those as numbers, maybe they are supposed to be words.

For 50(th anniversary) for 8(?) fifteenth (coaster) two for ten for thirty six?

Maybe this is a name hint. I am looking at the 10 and 36 and maybe those have to do with Great American Scream Machine being removed in 2010 during the park's 36th year of being open. Maybe the new coaster will once again be called the Great American Scream Machine. A great name that I would love to see return to the park for a new coaster.

I said this the other day I think whatever new ride will be named based on a previous attraction. Stuntman’s Freefall would work for a dive coaster but I don’t think a dive is likely. I think it’ll be GASM

9 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

The numbers basically match up perfectly with the super boomerang stats. Absolutely would be a welcome addition in my books, but the capacity on this thing is going to be horrific unless they can find a way to separate the loading station from the main ride track. One of those turntable - style loading stations I feel like would be great for this type of attraction to get 2 trains on the track instead of one.

40 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Was one of these sold and cancelled for another park? The way they worded it made it seem like it was already in development for somewhere else

circuit breaker went over a roadway so I guess it could go over the entrance but idk if the markers line up 

So apparently this thing says that the hourly capacity is 800/hour. I did the math and with 24 riders per train, assuming every train is full, this thing is sending out 33 cycles per hour. That is flat-out never going to happen. That seems like a best case scenario with two train operations on a turn table loading platform. That means also they intend on sending out a new train every 1.8 minutes, or 1 minute and 48 seconds.

I just timed this thing at a 1 minute and 12-second ride cycle from the start of the first launch to stopping on the brake run. That is not including any time for platform movement, riders boarding or leaving the train, etc. Knowing Six Flags, the operations are probably going to suck, but lets be optimistic and say they send a new train out every 1 minute and 30 seconds after arriving in the station Thats saying, a reasonable best case scenario, a train can only be sent out every 2 minutes and 45 seconds, assuming they are not having any kind of turn table loading system. Which would mean a more realistic capacity of 22 ride cycles per hour. Multiply that by 24 and you get an actual hourly capacity of 528 riders per hour. There is no way that can possibly be realistic for a park as big as Great Adventure.

Unless they are building two of these and paying homage to the Chiller, this thing is going to easily consistently have the most painful wait in the park.

18 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Joker has an advertised 720 riders per hour. This would actually be better with 800 RPH

As much as Joker has an advertised 720 riders per hour, I feel like that is much closer to what the number actually is than the super boomerang. The super boomerang seems way overinflated.