VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

10 minutes ago, EasternThrills said:

Log Flume’s original colors and the restoration of Big Wheel’s lights would be smaller, but fantastic additions for the 50th.

Really not getting my hopes up for 2024. Yes, log flume and big wheel rehabs will be nice but I don’t think we will get something BIG. I could be wrong but Those survey markings I believe are for under ground utilities and how far way they are from it. Yes, something is in the works in that area but I really don’t think it’s something big. I really hope I’m wrong though…

12 minutes ago, Njdevl9500 said:

Really not getting my hopes up for 2024. Yes, log flume and big wheel rehabs will be nice but I don’t think we will get something BIG. I could be wrong but Those survey markings I believe are for under ground utilities and how far way they are from it. Yes, something is in the works in that area but I really don’t think it’s something big. I really hope I’m wrong though…

Then why would the park post a hint about 2024 specifically focused on the markers? 

9 hours ago, Tower said:

I'm gonna wait until we see more definitive clues, but running a big teaser campaign for either bricks with names on them or a kiddie coaster seems very excessive. Most people are naturally going to expect something alot bigger than either of those things and will just be disappointed.

Didn’t they tease for looping dragon though too?  Until we see a large scale investment from the current leadership I’m skeptical but definitely hoping something good is in the works. 

I'm 100% aware that a Giga or another massive investment like that is not something that Six Flags would do in this day and age. But I'm still puzzled how all these teasers fit together for next year's additions in a way that's not a sizable cash drop. At minimum I think we can expect the Log Flume overhaul, possible Big Wheel restoration and custom brick engraving for the 50th. I would consider that a solid year by Six Flags standards, but then these other teasers and construction markers point to something else too? Assuming that this most recent teaser points toward an addition to the entrance skyline, the new ride in Old Country is something of pretty big size.

https://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2023/08-10-2023-110035367

Looking ahead, we are optimistic about the remainder of the season, with major investments in our Oktoberfest Food Festival, Kids Boo Fest, Fright Fest, and Holiday in the Park events; and looking further ahead to 2024, we will be investing heavily in new marketable attractions, to further elevate our position as a leader in thrills.”

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brendanmac said:

Oooh, this is interesting. Where can I find this?

You can listen to the webcast of the earnings call here:

https://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/events-and-presentations

Note: You can input any name, company, and email you want.  You don't have to supply your actual information to listen.

Or wait until later in the day and search google for Six Flags Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript if you prefer to read.

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 2

From the call regarding increase in upcoming capex:

"The lift in '24 was somewhat related to... we have a 50th anniversary coming up at our park in New Jersey and we had an opportunity to add a nice ride kind of late in the game and that's a little bit rare because it takes generally a while to design and build a coaster so we had a fortunate opportunity and we decided to take it.  So that's the lift versus what we had expected to spend in the short run."

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

"The lift in '24 was somewhat related to... we have a 50th anniversary coming up at our park in New Jersey and we had an opportunity to add a nice ride kind of late in the game and that's a little bit rare because it takes generally a while to design and build a coaster so we had a fortunate opportunity and we decided to take it.  So that's the lift versus what we had expected to spend in the short run."

Sounds like a coaster that was planned for a different park and fell through 

1 hour ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Great Escapes Alpine Bobsled is coming back to the park for it 50th Anniversary!