VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

2 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

If Old Country really is the new home for this major attraction, it's actually an amazing spot for a new coaster. I have always felt that near the entrance was severely lacking coasters (besides Joker, of course). This helps spread out the park, which is always an improvement..

A coaster by the entrance would be great for the park. GAdv has always had an issue of all the major coasters being right along the edge, meaning you'd have to walk a lot to get from ride to ride. Having a coaster by the entrance, or at the very least in Metropolis that will go through the entrance, can help mitigate that issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tower said:

A coaster by the entrance would be great for the park. GAdv has always had an issue of all the major coasters being right along the edge, meaning you'd have to walk a lot to get from ride to ride. Having a coaster by the entrance, or at the very least in Metropolis that will go through the entrance, can help mitigate that issue.

Thank you Tower, I totally agree. To get to one of the "big boys", you have to make the trek all the way to Nitro or Batman, and if you go the other direction, you have to get to the end of the Boardwalk (which is way too far apart). There should be an E-Ticket ride (sorry, Joker) nestled halfway between.

13 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

The goal of the park has always been to draw people out to the edges (past games, food, merchandise) so they spend more money. The games area was designed specifically to draw people up past all the games, tempting them to spend money. 

I have heard this before and it definitely makes sense, but the park is literally shaped like a uterus with all the major rides at the ends of the fallopian tubes. 😅 I have always felt the layout is the weakest part of Great Adventure.

20 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

I don't see why not? It doesn't seem like much of a stretch: 

image.png.2385b9632c5bc1e559eff4681bfd8820.png

image.png.736e03e88a7b94c6a38938bf988b074b.png

Don't know if anyone else is having issues but I am not able to see the images. 

Either way, I also don't think it's that much of a stretch. It would be a tight, tight fit. But I think it could work. Twix ride would definitely have to go, though, not that it was very popular anyways.

1 minute ago, brendanmac said:

Don't know if anyone else is having issues but I am not able to see the images. 

Either way, I also don't think it's that much of a stretch. It would be a tight, tight fit. But I think it could work. Twix ride would definitely have to go, though, not that it was very popular anyways.

I can't see the images either.  If you measure the ride at SFOT in Google Earth,  it would use most of the area behind the Parachutes and Twister, go across the midway and on top of the Slingshot.

7 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

The queue can be re-arranged to not wrap around the station in that fashion, and the tangent I drew can be rotated clockwise to optimize further space. Both towers are roughly ~130 m apart

OK I see your edit - I don't know if can fit anymore. I was just throwing out hopeful conjecture honestly.. with a bit of redevelopment it may be possible but I don't know

image.thumb.png.11c8e8acfb6a1f515d4cf0e4897cd93f.png

Edited by Gyrotron

This was just posted on the GAdv Facebook Group:

Looks like they're doing foundational work where the Aftermath Fright Fest walk-through was for Great Adventure's new 2024 coaster. (Was told those survey markings scattered about near the entrance walkways are to guage where the sewer/water lines are at.)

14 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Could it be another Kid Flash: Cosmic Coaster? I hope not, but that plot of land looks like it could accommodate it. Cyborg seems like it will not be removed which makes me wonder how much space is available for redevelopment.

I would definitely not put it past Six Flags to do this, but I don’t think so. Given how unreliable Six Flags is with construction dates and starting projects on time, I highly doubt if Kid Flash was all we were getting, foundational work would already be being done. It honestly probably wouldn’t start until December or so if that was it.

52 minutes ago, brendanmac said:

I would definitely not put it past Six Flags to do this, but I don’t think so. Given how unreliable Six Flags is with construction dates and starting projects on time, I highly doubt if Kid Flash was all we were getting, foundational work would already be being done. It honestly probably wouldn’t start until December or so if that was it.

I agree with your reasoning completely, but the one thing that I can't seem to figure out is why the park hasn't teased anything yet. For Jersey Devil Coaster they had that clue campaign. Maybe I'm overthinking things, or maybe it has to do with new park management?

Edit: I may have jumped the gun, Jersey Devil Coaster teaser campaign began on August 12th. There is still time 🤞 

Edited by Gyrotron

1 hour ago, brendanmac said:

A Kid Flash clone wouldn't explain the markers by the entrance unless the entrance is getting it's own makeover. This will be a very interesting couple of weeks.

• Thanks 1

I guess before SFGAdv starts dropping hints sometime soon (which I assume they will do), what would be everyone's dream addition to the park and what do you realistically think we will add to the park?

My dream addition would be a Mack Xtreme Spinner. It fills so many gaps in our coaster lineup, and considering how successful the other two have been, I'd love to get one here. 99% sure these are way too expensive and way out of the Six Flags budget, unfortunately haha.

Realistically, I think East Coast Racers is going to come here. I really would have no complaints about this addition. Another launch coaster would be great for the park, especially one on the tamer side to be a crowd pleaser. We still don't have our new dueling coaster either, so I think this would just be all around solid.

Looks like a soil testing rig in the Aftermath area.   We will probably only see land clearing and demolition work until the park goes in front of the Jackson Township board for approval of the project.

Skyline also introduced the TrailRunner Family Coaster at IAAPA.

https://skylineattractions.com/products/family-rides/trailrunner-family-coaster/

• Like 1

The park already has quite a wide selection of kid's coasters in Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train, Skull Mountain, Runaway Mine Train, Dark Knight and Lil' Devil Coaster. I would really prefer Great Adventure to not receive a Skyline Attraction's ride, they are not known for their reliability nor making comfortable rides. Maybe their family coaster endeavor will be different, but let's see Fiesta Texas test it out first.

In a perfect world, I would absolutely LOVE a giga coaster. But I also want the Mets to win the World Series this year, so that's never gonna happen.

Realistically, I'm on the fence as to whether I want a family launching coaster or a new family woodie.