VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

They should completely refurbish the Ferris wheel for the 50th anniversary complete with new paint and fiberglass work on the gondolas and new paint and led lighting on the wheel.

This ride was once the centerpiece of the park, now it’s nothing more than an eyesore.

It’s down to three drive motors out of four, the gondolas look horrible and one out of five are missing with peeling paint, etc, it doesn’t even light up anymore…WTH??

They can have Coca Cola sponsor the ride and let GA have a big 50 in the center of the wheel for 2024, then have coke put their logo in the center while they sponsor it…It’s a no brainer.

Posted and almost immediately deleted by someone pretty well connected to operations. Also met with the park president about future additions. The way he worded it sounds like it's all for 2024 (war on lines flashback) but I can't see how that's even remotely possible. Although after the meeting he mentioned they're doing a HUGE investment next year and everyone will be happy. He also deleted it pretty quick and it's been quashed every time it's been brought back up in the group

IMG_3603.jpg

2 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I don't see how all that would be possible.  It totals more than the chain has invested in ALL parks together over the last three years.  Not to mention the recent staffing shortage issues.

It wouldn't be entirely unrealistic if it was a plan spread out through multiple years. But yeah that wouldn't be remotely realistic for a one year plan, even if it happened back in the early 2000s.

41 minutes ago, Tower said:

It wouldn't be entirely unrealistic if it was a plan spread out through multiple years. But yeah that wouldn't be remotely realistic for a one year plan, even if it happened back in the early 2000s.

I think 100% this was either a multi year plan or some red herrings thrown in so it’s not a complete leak. Log flume is already being worked on and I think the other addition will be the entrance coaster. The markers are already there and extend to metropolis. I think it will be a coaster that interacts with the new entrance they’re extending

i could also see the aquaman coaster in that spot. It fits well. There’s also rumored clearing behind Medusa which would indicate arena removal.

a dozen flat rides? I don’t think so. But the war on lines did happen so who knows?

1 hour ago, brendanmac said:

I honestly don't know how much sense a brand new ground up RMC would make given that Hershey Park just got one and Great Adventure honestly isn't that far away unless this is something that has been in the works for a long time.

A b&m giga was apparently approved a decade ago and was earmarked for the future 

2 hours ago, brendanmac said:

That’s really interesting. Where did you hear about that?

Honestly, just conjecture at this point but this was around 2006-2010. I’ve seen a couple posts of it rumored on Great adventure history, GA connoisseurs, roller coaster forum, or screamscape. Not sure, but multiple sources 

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I don't see how all that would be possible.  It totals more than the chain has invested in ALL parks together over the last three years.  Not to mention the recent staffing shortage issues.

Probably not, but then again there is always a possibility that someone somewhere realizes that 50th anniversaries don't happen all that often :)

On 7/29/2023 at 6:40 PM, brendanmac said:

I honestly don't know how much sense a brand new ground up RMC would make given that Hershey Park just got one and Great Adventure honestly isn't that far away unless this is something that has been in the works for a long time.

Logically it would be to compete with Hershey. Not installing a certain coaster because a rival park already has it doesn't make much sense, since installing a better version of that ride naturally would bring in more guests.

I will make a nice steak out of my shoes and eat them if this " leak " ends up being true. So much enthusiast bait in one post between the fabled GAdv Giga and RMC Rolling Thunder. Also, if staffing remains an issue, how are they going to open several new rides, dining options, and shows in one year?

I still just expect a redone entrance plaza and maybe a new ride in Old Country.

1 hour ago, SkellySkeletor said:

I still just expect a redone entrance plaza and maybe a new ride in Old Country.

That'd be extremely disappointing, that said parks don't usually go all out for anniversaries so we'll have to see what happens 

IF-- and its a BIG if-- they are adding a ride or multiple rides, expect an equal or greater number to be removed from the park. Wit the way things are going in the industry even big players like Universal and Disney are doing the same thing because they don't want to increase spending on staffing or maintenance for additional rides. 

I think we will see a new ride, hopefully a fairly sizable one after years of not getting anything. I full expect along with the Parachuter's Perch being removed, the Twister will as well since it is the last of its kind and always seems to have issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cyborg gone as well for the same reason, and any other "orphan" rides could also be on the chopping block. 

49 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

IF-- and its a BIG if-- they are adding a ride or multiple rides, expect an equal or greater number to be removed from the park. Wit the way things are going in the industry even big players like Universal and Disney are doing the same thing because they don't want to increase spending on staffing or maintenance for additional rides. 

I think we will see a new ride, hopefully a fairly sizable one after years of not getting anything. I full expect along with the Parachuter's Perch being removed, the Twister will as well since it is the last of its kind and always seems to have issues. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cyborg gone as well for the same reason, and any other "orphan" rides could also be on the chopping block. 

Cyborg leaving wouldn't surprise me. Most days I see it operating I can count the number of people riding it on one hand. Seeing the Larson Looper get removed only a few years after it opened makes me think they wouldn't mind doing something like that again. Cyborg has been a massive flop but hey, atleast we didn't get what ended up going to Discovery Kingdom that year lol

Edited by Tower

26 minutes ago, Tower said:

I hope this means Kingda Ka will finally get lap bars.

In all seriousness I would honestly prefer that over most additions/changes. Lap bars would change everything.

Lap bars and a reverse spike and faster launch, don’t give TT2 a day to hold the record 😂

Something tells me it'll be a new coaster, but I don't know which from the current amalgam of rumors. The markers at the entrance are too much to ignore, so I think the writing might be on the wall already.. not to mention the tentative footprint spans all the way into Old Country.

I find it a bit interesting that 2022 and 2023 were both off-years for the park. It wouldn't shock me if a major addition is unveiled in the coming weeks given the backstory, but it definitely has the potential to be one of the biggest announcements of 2024. The Northern Star Arena plot by Medusa would remain untaken.

If Old Country really is the new home for this major attraction, it's actually an amazing spot for a new coaster. I have always felt that near the entrance was severely lacking coasters (besides Joker, of course). This helps spread out the park, which is always an improvement..