VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

A new ride is supposed to be a crowd draw. If both parks are getting the same addition, Dorney and Great Adventure will basically both be in the same spot they started in with neither ride accomplishing the goal they set out to do. Most locals will visit one park or the other and won't see the need to visit both parks to ride both of the new attractions if they are virtually the same experience. 

To be honest, the more I think about it the less likely I think it is that we get a large scale coaster next year. I'm not sure if there's anything that can reasonably fit within the area that the markers are covering outside of maybe a Kid Flash clone, I hope I'm wrong though. I think the spaghetti bowl coasters are a joke and if they want something geared towards families they should throw a kids area in that space instead.

I'd hope they'll hold off on buying more of those kid coasters until they actually get one open and find out if it works or not before committing to more of them. The manufacturer doesn't have a stellar track record. Six Flags was burned by Skyline already with the one they built for SFDK. The one the built for SeaWorld San Diego is being removed because it had problems. Supposedly they did the lift for the new Zambezi Zinger which apparently is having issues as well. 

54 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

Supposedly they did the lift for the new Zambezi Zinger which apparently is having issues as well. 

Skyline designed Titan Track, the Infinity Flyer trains, and the layout of the coaster for GCI, but GCI does their own fabrication of the coaster, track, and trains.

1 hour ago, GAcoaster said:

I'd hope they'll hold off on buying more of those kid coasters until they actually get one open and find out if it works or not before committing to more of them. The manufacturer doesn't have a stellar track record. Six Flags was burned by Skyline already with the one they built for SFDK. The one the built for SeaWorld San Diego is being removed because it had problems. Supposedly they did the lift for the new Zambezi Zinger which apparently is having issues as well. 

Agreed completely. If we don't see a large scale coaster of some sort, I think it's time we see DC Super Friends come to the park. I remember during speculation discussions for the 2020 season (Jersey Devil year) the most suggested addition outside of a new coaster was a new kids area. It'd be a great fit in Metropolis and would help fill a need that's been glaring for years. I don't think these spaghetti bowl coasters are the way to go.

I only suggested that it'll be Kid Cosmic because it could fit on the plot of land where they are working next to Cyborg. The last two coasters GADV received were bigger versions of what Fiesta Texas first tested out. Now, they have Dr. Diabolical so it's a fair guess that the next coaster for Great Adventure will also be a B&M dive

10 hours ago, flatcover said:

Sounds like a dive

i agree. wouldn't be surprised if it's an exact clone of dr diabolical with justice league theming. "sometimes you have to look down for the best views..." super confident in a drop coaster. Would like if it was a bit taller than diabolical but we'll see.

12 hours ago, ForTheWin44 said:

i agree. wouldn't be surprised if it's an exact clone of dr diabolical with justice league theming. "sometimes you have to look down for the best views..." super confident in a drop coaster. Would like if it was a bit taller than diabolical but we'll see.

A dive coaster here would be awesome regardless of what the layout consists of, but like Medusa42 said earlier, I highly doubt we'd add a dive coaster the same year a park an hour or two away is adding one. A premier multilaunch would make alot more sense since there's none anywhere to be found in the northeast, and GAdv has a solid track record already with first of its kind rides on the East Coast (Joker, Jersey Devil, Cyborg, list goes on)

Edited by Tower

My feeling is that clues mean it will be a larger attraction/roller coaster. Also in regards to Dorney Park.. Six Flags is known in the past for doing contentious things. Kingda Ka was 2 years after TTD, Wonder Woman SFFT was announced earlier than other SF parks to be before Railblazer (which is kind of petty). IF Great Adventure got a better dive than Dorney that is a f*ck you to them because they never get new rides lol

Edited by Gyrotron

46 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

My feeling is that clues mean it will be a larger attraction/roller coaster. Also in regards to Dorney Park.. Six Flags is known in the past for doing contentious things. Kingda Ka was 2 years after TTD, Wonder Woman SFFT was announced earlier than other SF parks to be before Railblazer (which is kind of petty). IF Great Adventure got a better dive than Dorney that is a f*ck you to them because they never get new rides lol

These all feel like completely different situations, though. Ka was two years after and 10 hours away, targeting a completely different market in the country. The OG Raptors were insanely far apart with one being in Texas and one in Cali, so that doesn't really matter all that much either. Those are also way more unique rides than dives. It's not like the coasters you mentioned were all competing in the exact same markets to draw crowds in. Two of virtually the same coaster in the same market is bad business for both parks no matter what way you slice it, even if GAdv's is way better. The GP that is closer to Dorney won't care, they will just go to Dorney still.

Also, just some general (not really) new info, but Screamscape finally gave a GAdv update in his 8/8 post.

https://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_adventure.htm

The only really notable quote is this

It’s hard to say what is happening right now, as things have been somewhat chaotic for the past few years, but the early rumors suggest that Six Flags may finally be ready to pony up some capital for a few large rides once again in 2024, so stay tuned.

Not really saying much, but it is nice to hear that more than likely GAdv at least will not be getting a kiddie coaster.

9 hours ago, brendanmac said:

Also, just some general (not really) new info, but Screamscape finally gave a GAdv update in his 8/8 post.

https://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_great_adventure.htm

The only really notable quote is this

Not really saying much, but it is nice to hear that more than likely GAdv at least will not be getting a kiddie coaster.

I'm gonna wait until we see more definitive clues, but running a big teaser campaign for either bricks with names on them or a kiddie coaster seems very excessive. Most people are naturally going to expect something alot bigger than either of those things and will just be disappointed.