VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

I listened to that whole conference, and it was worth it just for that minute they talked about GAdv. Seems like the ride was not designed specifically for this park, which is interesting to hear. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was that Busch Gardens planned ride that was posted here, as Six Flags is rumored to be working with Intamin again and they may have presented this opportunity to them. Imagine that launch going right by the entrance with a spike where the parachutes are located. I do wonder if this would be repetitive with Kingda Ka, but going backwards on a spike would certainly be unique for this park (and allow Great Adventure to possibly one up Cedar Point once again like they did with Kingda Ka in 2005).

Edited by mattkopp23

1 minute ago, Njdevl9500 said:

Anyone know if there was a canceled coaster at Six Flags Qiddiya currently being built overseas?

Not that I am aware of,  Falcon's Flight is currently under construction.  There is still a Mack Hyper coaster and a Mack Powersplash sitting in pieces at the now closed Bollywood Parks Dubai.  They were originally constructed for Six Flags Dubai.

It honestly could be anything at this point. The new CEO is so unpredictable that we can’t even follow trends with this project… and the rumor mill is spitting out ideas from all over…

Whatever it is, a coaster that close to the front entrance is sure to make a statement. This is an exciting time for Gadv enthusiasts. 

6 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

From the call regarding increase in upcoming capex:

"The lift in '24 was somewhat related to... we have a 50th anniversary coming up at our park in New Jersey and we had an opportunity to add a nice ride kind of late in the game and that's a little bit rare because it takes generally a while to design and build a coaster so we had a fortunate opportunity and we decided to take it.  So that's the lift versus what we had expected to spend in the short run."

Wow. I get that it's the 50th and alot of people were expecting something big, but I can't help but be shocked. If anything this definitely rules out a kiddie coaster barring something extremely unexpected.

3 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Would it be possible to put in a trench or tunnel and have the ride dive under the front entrance path?

Just playing around with the BGW Drachen Spire layout, scale is most likely wrong.

keQmmqs.png

Not sure if that would make sense since they posted a photo of the entrance with “something’s missing” to me I would assume something going above the entrance 

8 minutes ago, flatcover said:

Not sure if that would make sense since they posted a photo of the entrance with “something’s missing” to me I would assume something going above the entrance 

The blue part of the layout would be in the sky behind the entrance in the photo.

Edited by Medusa42

Let’s say this coaster does go over the entrance and takes up the open space next to JL and in the catering section. I think it crazy a company had a ride ready to go that fit all that open space GA had available. Is it possible this is a layout GA wanted and started the process late and a company was available to manufacture it? 

11 hours ago, flatcover said:

would they wanna give up the record? 

If this is a new record, then they would not give it up, just one up themselves and phase out a costly and problematic ride. 

It could be that if Intamin really is selling them a modified version of the ride they designed for BGW that the idea is basically it will be a replacement for KK in the long term. 

Could go anywhere in the park-- Old Country, Great Arena, Rolling Thunder-- any flat piece of ground with trenches for the tunnels (which GA won't do) and concrete footings 5 feet tall to make up the difference in height. Although if they build on the Arena site they could do some grading... 

• Like 1