VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

On 8/10/2023 at 11:10 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

From the call regarding increase in upcoming capex:

"The lift in '24 was somewhat related to... we have a 50th anniversary coming up at our park in New Jersey and we had an opportunity to add a nice ride kind of late in the game and that's a little bit rare because it takes generally a while to design and build a coaster so we had a fortunate opportunity and we decided to take it.  So that's the lift versus what we had expected to spend in the short run."

2 hours ago, flatcover said:

“Somewhat” related. Someone mentioned their normal spending is 110-130m a year. 200m two years in a row would be ~160m additional spending than normal

so, its be 2 years of spending at six flags great adventure?, I guess 2024 is their roller coaster (maybe with a ride like green lantern & slingshot did) & maybe 2025 will be a flat ride package (think of it like adventure alley)

17 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

Definitely, that should have been the final teaser and the 436 could have been omitted (as the defining number with the rest being ambiguous).

Does anyone know the cost of the Super Boomerang? Lech Coaster costed €12M (roughly $13M) in 2017, but also features twice the track length of this. My ballpark guess would be $15M, so I'm not understanding how this was addressed as a huge increase in Capex.

Perhaps the entire GADV allocated budget was supposed to be for renovations/TLC and then this was thrown in there as an added "gift"? Ironically it'll be the best part of the new season.

New gen Vekomas are fairly expensive which probably explains why we haven't seen any here in the states. My guess is closer to 20-25 mil and I don't expect the super boomerang to be cloned at other parks, especially considering the ride itself was a last minute addition that wasn't originally planned.

Abyssus was built in 2021 and costed 11,000,000 €, I'd assume the manufacturing plant being in The Netherlands has some effect on pricing for American parks interested in Vekoma. I still stand by my original point that this is an ominous sign for future additions if considered a "splurge"

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media mentioning that the Vekoma Super Boomerang has a footprint of 163 x 13 meters, which lines up exactly with the end of the equation. As for the 180 + 24, some people have mentioned and hoped that means a turntable that spins 180 degrees with a 24 passenger train on it. If it’s not a Super Boomerang, they trolled us real well. Excited for this as well as all the other improvements, only a few days away!

The only thing I'm not sold on about this being the addition is the fact that the 163 * 13 is meters, not feet. A US-based park would not be creating press releases and advertising highlighting a new coaster's dimensions in meters, and therefore wouldn't be doing marketing teasers in meters, either.

Then again, it'd be totally on brand for Six Flags to have created these teasers based off of a quick glance at the stats and completely overlook the fact that it's in meters and not feet. So who knows.

Edited by lynn41103

21 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

It appears that there might be an official 2024 announcement in the coming days!!

IMG_7341.jpeg

SFOT said they are making an announcement early next week.  I am guessing most of the parks will make their announcements Monday or Tuesday. (except SFOG(already announced) and SFFT(announcement today))

8im4sk6wq6kb1.jpg

42 minutes ago, lynn41103 said:

Retheme to Wizard of Oz. 

Warner Leroy would been happy about that

and also, this reminded me of this idea that was pitched to the if I ran the park boards for half of fantasy forest prior to adventure alley taking over half of fantasy forest:

man, what a missed opportunity

If it is a Super Boomerang, what do you guys think the position will be in Metropolis? They said "What's missing?" in one of the first teasers, would it be clearly visible from that vantage point? Seems it could run parallel to the entrance walkways without interfering with them

Edited by Gyrotron