VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2024- Flash: Vertical Velocity & More!

Yea I’d now be shocked if it isn’t a Vekoma Super Boomerang that is yellow themed to The Flash, although it would be a nice nod if they themed it to Mr. Freeze or The Chiller. Things I’m curious about is if it will have a turntable or not, it’s exact placement in that plot of land, and if anything has to be removed for it, such as Cyborg.

22 minutes ago, mkj3322 said:

That's quote a lot of yellow for that side of the park. Need some variety. 

well, boardwalk has too much red from great american scream machine & superman & given the rumors that nitro will be repainted in a black, blue & grey color for the 2024 reason given the new trains, I think its made sense to repaint nitro to the aforementioned colors so they can't make that area too much yellow (I wish they could have repaint batman back to its all black color like how batman used to look like when its first opened)

3 hours ago, flatcover said:

They should retheme joker to riddler and retrack dark knight coaster with rmc wild moose and make it jokers funhouse

Or retrack skull mountain. They had pics of it in one of the teases 

if they retrack skull mountain, they should bring some of the theming elements back & maybe bring back the original themed queue line (maybe move Jolly Roger to where the old rc boats used to be and maybe demolish the outdoor seating part of chop six for it) and if they retheme joker, I wanted to fit with the lakefront themed, maybe something like a ride themed to seastrom & also they can retime Harley Quinn crazy coaster back to Blackbeard lost treasure train, I mean, if they can retheme buzzard back to medusa, why not do the same thing, while they build a joker themed ride (maybe Harley Quinn themed ride if they have room) in the old chiller main element site (observatory may become something else like maybe a meet & greet location), I like to keep the dark knight coaster, look, I know people thought the dark knight theme on wild mouse is a bad idea, I like to keep the theme, maybe add the city facade like concept art for the facade had

sorry for going off topic, you the one who started the whole off topic thing so lets just stick it to the 2024 speculation ok?

Edited by harry2004

I don't know about you but shoutout to coliwood studios for pointing this out, there's are the flash & batman & robin symbols in the gardens:

I saw the comments saying that the roller coaster we getting is themed to the chiller for nostalgia reasons & the flash could be a flat ride (maybe the return of the musik express?)

Edited by harry2004
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, flatcover said:

Ka - #1 Tallest in world

Toro - #1 Tallest Wooden in US

Flume - 1st from Arrow

Other two I got nothing

I think the reason the log flume is the first by arrow because its use of the spillway track, log jammer at kennywood would be the second I believe along with others afterwards

batman could be the first dc ride at a six flags park

& justice league could be the first dark ride six flags great adventure ever built but I could be wrong

Fiesta Texas really missed the mark on their teasers for 2024, and honestly this campaign hasn't been great either (but it's justifiable considering the whole park is being renovated). The giveaway of the ride stats happened far too early.. Jersey Devil had an awesome teaser campaign that was actually engaging and interesting

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Fiesta Texas really missed the mark on their teasers for 2024, and honestly this campaign hasn't been great either (but it's justifiable considering the whole park is being renovated). The giveaway of the ride stats happened far too early.. Jersey Devil had an awesome teaser campaign that was actually engaging and interesting

well, some teasers works, others didn't work but people still get a ride that they can enjoy

Edited by harry2004

24 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

The stats teaser was honestly pretty disappointing, did they really think enthusiasts weren't going to crack it immediately? They basically slapped the exact ride stats from the Vekoma website on a tweet and called it a hint 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tower said:

The stats teaser was honestly pretty disappointing, did they really think enthusiasts weren't going to crack it immediately? They basically slapped the exact ride stats from the Vekoma website on a tweet and called it a hint 

Definitely, that should have been the final teaser and the 436 could have been omitted (as the defining number with the rest being ambiguous).

Does anyone know the cost of the Super Boomerang? Lech Coaster costed €12M (roughly $13M) in 2017, but also features twice the track length of this. My ballpark guess would be $15M, so I'm not understanding how this was addressed as a huge increase in Capex.

Perhaps the entire GADV allocated budget was supposed to be for renovations/TLC and then this was thrown in there as an added "gift"? Ironically it'll be the best part of the new season.

18 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

Definitely, that should have been the final teaser and the 436 could have been omitted (as the defining number with the rest being ambiguous).

Does anyone know the cost of the Super Boomerang? Lech Coaster costed €12M (roughly $13M) in 2017, but also features twice the track length of this. My ballpark guess would be $15M, so I'm not understanding how this was addressed as a huge increase in Capex.

Perhaps the entire GADV allocated budget was supposed to be for renovations/TLC and then this was thrown in there as an added "gift"? Ironically it'll be the best part of the new season.

Well you also have to consider that it is all but confirmed that the ferris wheel and the log flume will be getting some pretty big TLC. We also don't know if they are getting a modified version of the super boomerang, maybe they bought a model with a turntable which would make it a bit more expensive I would assume. Also, Nitro repaint seems inevitable for the upcoming year considering the trains and exit rails are blue and grey now.

29 minutes ago, Gyrotron said:

The increase was not specifically earmarked solely for great adventure