VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great American Scream Machine Closed

Just got home from the park but got this picture on my way out. Today I got one last ride on GASM. When we were waiting to go into the station I saw green spray paint markings on the ground below where the break run is. Didnt get a picture of the markers, they're pretty noticeable though. <_<

2zivnfc.jpg

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange how what was one a record breaking coaster is now out of touch with today. Hate to see it go. Noticed on this site there isn't talk of it moving. everyone seems to understand it's off to the scrap yard for this coaster.

Just took my final two rides on GASM tonight, my final ride was in the front row. I noticed that GASM has an unusual open grease pit under the chain lift. The queue for GASM is so much nicer than Nitro's queue which is just bare bones.

Edited by The Master

It'll probably be cut to pieces since it's worth more to scrap than to sell. They saw how Shockwave never sold for years and are probably going to rip it to pieces like Viper.

Many people will point out that Chiller was taken apart carefully, but that's because it already had a buyer lined up and the ride still has some life left in it (if you fix all of the wiring and design flaws, that is.)

As for the trains, I'm surprised they listed all 3 for sale instead of sending one to California for parts, unless Viper is next on the chopping block :Reaper2:

The signs were placed there only a few days after the outer mall sign was placed.

I got my last ride in yesterday and boy did it beat the daylights out of me and my girlfriend. I did see numerous survey markings all the way out to the ride's entrance plaza, which is great considering the amount of space that it takes up should be developed into a nice entryway for the new coaster.

^^BTW the historical plaque has also been removed.

Screamscape reported that if Chang comes it may be themed to the Green Latern and also brought up the fact green Latern used to be a PILOT and the boardwalk still has it's old right Stuff AIRFORCE THEMING. I would not mind the green latern theming if it came witha themed quenue, preshow like Dark Knight, and ride theming better than Bizzaro. Also, it would look kinda cool with neon green track and black supports!