VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What was the first Roller Coaster you remember riding at Great Adventure?

What was the first Roller Coaster you remember riding at Great Adventure?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first Roller Coaster you remember riding at Great Adventure?

• Runaway Mine Train
    • Lightnin' Loops
    • Rolling Thunder
    • Great American Scream Machine
    • Shockwave
    • Batman: The Ride
    • Viper
    • Skull Mountain
    • Medusa
    • Nitro
    • Superman: Ultimate Flight
    • Kingda Ka
    • El Toro
    • Other (Please let us know below)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first coaster was Runaway Mine Train in 1974. I was a wee tot of 7 years old and I loved it.

I graduated to the big coasters a few years later with The Cyclone at Coney Island. But I always came back to Great Adventure.

I think I rode almost every coaster they had at one point in time except Kingda Ka.

Kingda Ka is too much for me.

If I want to go that high and that fast I think I should have an airplane around me.

:lol:

Paulie

I was just talking about how in the 80's there was a progression. Everyone started with Little Thunder, then Runaway Mine Train, then Rolling Thunder, and Lightnin' Loops was the BIG coaster. When that was all the park had for many years, it was like everyone's steps into coaster riding. I still remember that first day I got the courage to climb those shaky stairs and ride Lightnin' Loops! I felt so brave and so grown up!!! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The first roller coaster I remember riding -- the Sarajevo Bobsled. It's such a vague memory, but I remember being pretty nervous and then realizing it wasn't so bad.

The first real landmark ride in my roller coaster career was my first ride on the Scream Machine. I chickened out during its inaugural year, but I swore all winter that I'd ride it the following summer. I did, and the ride certainly lived up to its name... I screamed very sincerely from start to finish. Nowadays, the GASM is peanuts as compared to some of the other coasters in the park... but back then, that was pretty much the ultimate scariest coaster you could imagine!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...