VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Spotlight Requests

Thrill-Pics

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We have very little on the Super Cat. If you by any chance have some pictures we would LOVE to get copies of them!

I have to look, My parents might have a few. All I can remember is, it was a Musik Express type of ride that had a folding canvas roof that about half way thru the ride would cover all the cars and put riders in darkness.

I hope were going to see a spotlight of lightning loops soon.It was one if not the first loping roller coaster in the park. I love the sound it made when the catch car would push you of the hill. It could be heard from the main gate. Im also waiting for one from the haunted castle, enterprise, and really looking forward to viper. ( i was an operator on that the first year it opened). also a great spotlight may be mtwe as t had massive lines every year. I think that may end up over in adventure rivver in next few seasons. there werent many prolems with that ride was there? anyways every spotlight is totaly awsome and lov refredhing my mind by reading them. this site kicks butt!!!!!!!!!

I think it would be nice to see a spotlight about old Bugs Bunny Land, I had a lot of happy childhood memories there and I am sure a lot of other people here have too.

• 1 month later...
I think it would be nice to see a spotlight about old Bugs Bunny Land, I had a lot of happy childhood memories there and I am sure a lot of other people here have too.

I would like that too as when I began to really go to the park steadily again I was very dissapointed to see that it was no longer there due to the Golden Kingdom and Kingda Ka project being completed. It was slightly a letdown since one of the main things I had remembered was the entrance :)

There's a great set of video clips on you tube I think everyone should see, its very good at telling what really happened and could be very useful in putting together a spotlight

I believe I have previously seen the clips you are speaking of and had considered positng links to them on here. After talking with GACoaster about it and watching them again, they don't seem like they would fit only because there really is a spin to the documentary that would be unfair to present unless there was a counterpart to it giving the other side of the events. If I recall there is really nothing presented from the stand point of the park or their employees, and the spin of the documentary does seem to shed a bad light over the park for reasons that didn't have to appear. I did enjoy watching them when I first saw them, but since then have examined them again and came to see where things coud have been presented more fairly without bias.

Keeping on with the topic at hand however :) I think with it being summertime which is always a very festive occasion I would like to eventually see the Northern Star Arena in a spotlight. It has had so many nice shows andconcerts over the years as well as other things in the park it would be great to see them summarized within a spotlight of the Arena.

Edited by JetsDevs4Lyf

I would also want to see a Haunted Castle Spotlight. I was in it the night of the fire (about 20min. before it happend) And we would spend hours in there scareing other quests. Golden Earring possibly saved my life that night. We left to go and see them in concert and when we got to the Arena we could see the smoke from the fire.

I was young when the fire happend. I remember seeing the headlines in the star ledger, and seeing the pics.then seeing the aftermath at the park that following weekend, it was sad that happened but I think it has made the park much safer today. I do belive that if it did have a sprinkler system those kids who suffered would still be here.

Here's everything I can remember about that night. We were watching the show and they cut it short and closed the park. I remember alot of helecopters flying around with the spotlight's on, and they gave everybody a free ticket to return. I was 14 when it happend, and that was the thing we did the most in the park back then, hang out in the "Cavern Room" and scare all the young cuties coming thru. We were in their for about 30min. then we left for the concert. The pad that was ignited by a lighter was a jagged and ripped up, so it didn't take much to start it. And the reason the lighter was lit was because the strobe at the end of the hall, right above the pad was out. The hallway was long and narrow and painted like a black & white checker board. The idea was you would get scared by a ghoul and run away down the hall with the stobe and paint job. You would misjudge the distance and slam into the pad. But without the stobe it was a pitch black long tunnel that's why the lighter was light. The next day was when I found out how bad it really was. It's one of those thing's you never forget.

Edited by Railer

That fire happened before I was born. My mother told me about the fire and how it was on all over the local Philly news stations. It was not right to remove the memorial garden to put the bumber cars there, hopefully when Old Country reopens the park will reinstall a memorial. Also I can see it would be very hard to write a spotlight about the Haunted Castle without upsetting either Six Flags or the familes of the victims. Same problem with Lightning Loops since a woman died on that ride too.

Edited by The Master

I'm sure the park want's to forget about all of the accident's over the year's. If they did something like a memorial for people who passed away on attraction's at the park, not too many people would be riding Rolling Thunder today because of it. N.J. used to be a mecca for haunted houses, at one point their was over twenty of them in the state. After the G.A. fire quite a few were shut down for fire code violations, and some of the one's left actually were burnt from arson. Castle Dracula in Widwood was the last one operating and that was burnt by two kids sometime in the 90's. G.A.'s Castle, Brigantine Castle, and Castle Dracula were the best in my opinion.