VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What would you like to see come to the park in 2012?

I was giving the park alot of "heat" for closing the path thru the "Golden Kingdom" on Facebook. The park gave a reply saying that they wouldn't have done it with out a good reason, and they do have a plan for that whole area. I am thinking of a Safari re-theme for next year, with a new flat or two in the area. I know i would love to see a Monorail thru the Safari, with the Station in that area as well, but i think that one is a "longshot" to happen. But I do think a re-theme to the Safari will be happeneing sooner than later.

Let's See, If I Could Pick 5 Rides

1- Bumper Cars in Frontier Adventures

2- Wave Swinger in MovieTown

3- Scrambler in Fantasy Forests

4- Sellner Tilt A Whirl in Golden Kingdom

5- Proslide Behemoth Bowl (Hurricane Harbor)

Name Ideas

1- Stampede Bumper Cars

2- Catwoman's Whip

3- Dazzler

4- Koala Curler

5- Zambezi Zoom

I wouldn't bank on ANY of those.

Realistic expectations would be about 5 small flats. Think swings, bumper cars, scrambler, balloon race, discovery. Depending on performance of the swing towers at SF and other parks this summer I would think there's a good possibility for one of those as well. It just makes sense we'd see a couple of flats and a new "thrill" ride.

Of course nothing is set in stone, and all those kind of decisions are subject to change right up to opening day 2012. It will also depend on what the competition does, how the park performs, how the company performs, etc.

I wouldn't bank on ANY of those.

Realistic expectations would be about 5 small flats. Think swings, bumper cars, scrambler, balloon race, discovery. Depending on performance of the swing towers at SF and other parks this summer I would think there's a good possibility for one of those as well. It just makes sense we'd see a couple of flats and a new "thrill" ride.

Of course nothing is set in stone, and all those kind of decisions are subject to change right up to opening day 2012. It will also depend on what the competition does, how the park performs, how the company performs, etc.

^ Yeah I know, those are just fantasies of my imagination. As referring to the competition for 2012, Hersheypark has got their Mega Coaster/Project X, Dorney Park has Invertigo, and Morey's Piers has their GCI pier spanning woodie (although I highly doubt that that will open in 2012).

While those may be the current plans for those parks, they too are subject to change. On top of that, the performance of those parks is also a factor.

I'm specifically thinking about the Planet Snoopy park within a park thing. If that draws a lot of the families that had been going to GA we may see the "Family Oasis" concept fast tracked for 2012 and a real concentration on fixing the children's areas of the park and turning them into a single family area. That could also get fast tracked if the complaints of parents for this season add up. Losing the play structures and the Wiggles theme has upset some parents and may mean the focus changes to fixing that problem first.

Sadly, current management is every bit as clueless as RedZone. Without rehashing a lot of my previous statements (all of my Shapiro criticisms still stand), closing large portions of The Golden Kingdom and Balin's Jungleland are plain stupid. I laughed at the official reason the tigers were removed (i.e. "safety concerns"). The only positive I can see of impending $5.00g/gas, is a quick sale when Six Flags revenue suffers. What I'd like to see for 2012, is a Blackstone Group buyout and subsequent merger with SeaWorld Parks & Resorts (neé "BEC"). From there, the entire upper echelon of Six Flags management would be replaced by their BEC counterparts. Great Adventure would fall under direct management of SeaWorld Orlando's team.

^ Whoa! I take a lot of offense to that! The new management has done great things so far. They have repaved numerous paths in the park, and Jo Fitzgerald, the new president, was out in the park shaking hands and meeting up with people. He wants everything good for the park.The Golden Kingdom Path was closed due to it's narrowness. Flat rides are supposed to be installed in Balin's Jungle former location. The New management said flats will come next year. New management is trying their hardest to please all guests, but I guess they can't do that now can they?

Narrowness? Please. You mean it took 6 years for Six Flags management to discover a path was too narrow? A path that just so happened to be lined with kiddie rides and tiger viewing areas? I think you want to believe and that's fine. If Balin's Jungleland can't accommodate kiddie attractions; how do you expect it to feature full sized "flat" rides? As for caring about customer desires, one needs to simply look at the park's continuing locker policy to disavow such notions. While Mr. Fitzgerald most likely wants to improve customer relations, his commitment ends where that impacts his bottom line. Customers have complained about temporary locker fees ad nauseam, and management hasn't budged one iota. Handshakes, while nice do nothing to improve my park experience when I'm staring down the straw of a $15 soda. Granted, not all sodas cost $15, but that sticker shock hits hard when you see those big signs prominently featured at every counter.

As for path repaving, that's great. I don't think performing basic maintenance deserves praise however..

I've been wishing for BEC ownership for that park for MANY years now...

Me too. Unfortunately, now that Busch has new ownership they seem to be slowly heading down the Six Flags path to destruction. They have added obnoxious advertising, not nearly as bad as Six Flags, but tractors and cars parked in the parks where they really do not fit. They have also started pumping loud pop music through their parks. They make it pop music from the countries of the section of the park they are in, but it's not the same as the background classical music that fit Williamsburg so well and the African music that fit Tampa. I hope they are getting a lot of feedback from guests about it. I would hate to see Busch ruin the atmosphere of their parks. That is what makes them so great and has made them so popular with adults while still attracting teenagers with the thrill rides.

Customers have complained about temporary locker fees ad nauseam, and management hasn't budged one iota. Handshakes, while nice do nothing to improve my park experience when I'm staring down the straw of a $15 soda. Granted, not all sodas cost $15, but that sticker shock hits hard when you see those big signs prominently featured at every counter.

What I was surprised about was how other SF parks like SFOT listened to the complaints and got rid of the lockers on most rides yet for Great Adventure all they did is allow the souvenir bottles in line. Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bizarro, Superman and Batman all have plenty of room in the stations to add areas to hold items.

I'd love to see an Antique Cars ride snaking around in the woods near The Great Lake Bandstand / Skull Mountain in that empty, bleak, depressing area. It could still be quiet, but just have a family ride that people would enjoy in the area as well as some lights. The Antique Car rides are such fun rides, and Great Adventure has been lacking them for too long.

The same goes for a Waveswinger and Bumper Cars.

I'd love to see a Sky Screameresque ride added into the park somewhere, as well as one of those Xtreme Screamin' Swing rides like Cedar Point has.

Heres what I want and expect to see

1.A new Flying Wave for Flying Wave 1's old spot-this time, it'll be a Zamperla Wave Swinger because with Zamperla being cheaper and closer than Zierer, it should be easier to maintain so this version doesn't suffer the same fate as it's prodecessor. I'd also like to see the quenue replaced with a wrote iron type railing instewad of generic metal bars.

2.A new balloon race for Pirate Flight's old spot-Instead of pirate ships, this version will be themed to the original Great Balloon Ride. It would also have the same "fancy' quenue as Flying Wave. This model would be the used model placed for sale by Dorney park becase it's not only cheap, it's close.

3.A Zamperla Discovery for Teepee's old spot-This discovery would be themed to Buffallo bill's wild West Show, much like the one shown in the advent calender.

4.A S&S drop tower complex for Movietown called Stuntman's Freefall;the sequel-It would be the single drop version like the one at the stratosphere in Vegas since they have the shortest ride cycles, equalling more capacity. There would be no special qunue other than some additional movietown theming

5.The Scrambler from SFOG to be painted black and white, placed next to Stuntmans' Freefall and called "Looped" giving Movietown a family-friendly non coaster attraction

6.Autobahn relocated from Old Country and put in Evolution's old spot and be called "Traffic jam"

An interactive Sally dark ride is something I wanted the park to get for years. I have only tried Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge at Hershey and Ghost Hunt at Lake Compounce but both are very fun rides and they make you want to ride multiple times to try to beat your high score. It would be an attraction I would go to at the park multiple times each visit if the wait wasn't long.

Edited by Yoshi