VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Dark Knight Coaster

I always liked "The Dark Knight" coaster, and it was the first Media Day I ever went to. I wish they would do more stuff like this ride, as well. I went on it on "Green lantern's" Media Day and alot of the effects were not working. The Holograph Billboard's, The rear of the truck with the Macine Gun that fires, and even the last "new" thing installed at the end. Then all the Cars got stuck on the brakes segment's on the whole ride for 20min. I hope thing's are a little better now, but still a fun ride.

The ride is located in the former Fun Fair section roughly where the box is below.

gallery_2_579_281299.jpg

The only thing The Dark Knight and Space Mountain have in common is that they are both in the dark and utilize low capacity cars. Unlike Space Mountain, most of the scenery and props on TDK are just beyond the riders reach.

I'm expecting this spotlight to be a lightning rod for disagreement. People either love or hate this ride.

Personally I like it, though it was marketed completely wrong.

I must agree. I personally really like this ride, but I do feel like it was marketed terribly.

This is my coverage of the Media Day. "Wow" I can't believe it's already been three years ph34r.gif

-Dainan

Just looking at that part of the map and seeing those great rides that once stood there. Bring those rides back!!!!!

Amen! I've always hated this ride. It's boring, silly, and highly overrated. Also, it was a huge mistake to put that big metal box in the middle of the park. If you have to build a warehouse to put a ride in, it should be on the perimeter of the park, not in the middle of it.

I wasn't disappointed with the ride so much as I was disappointed with it next to the movie. The Dark Knight was an excellent film, and it really deserved a top-notch, thrilling indoor coaster. A wild mouse should have never been made out of The Dark Knight.

The 80's Batman movies, maybe. Just the comic strip, maybe. But not The Dark Knight.

I remember the first time I tried the coaster, it was the Monday after opening so I think it was the 5th day of it being open. It was a little less than a 30 minute wait and I never saw so many negative reactions to a coaster that trip and many other trips to the park in 2008. Lots of people walking out of the building giving thumbs down to people in line and one guy actually yelled out to everyone in line "Guys, I am begging you, get out of line, this ride is horrible!"

So many people expected it to go upside down like Rock N Rollercoaster and a lot of times I would see parents hesitant to take their kids on the ride thinking it was a major coaster. The fact the ride sign originally said "High Thrill" didn't help either.

Overall I like the ride, it is my favorite Wild Mouse coaster but I hate the pre-show and how because of the pre-show, it is difficult to get a lot of rides in. I have only ridden the coaster 46 times and if the pre-show did not exist, I'm sure I would be up to over 100 rides by now. One thing about the pre-show that I like is how the room has the queue rails set up. That is something Disney never got ride. I really dislike going into a pre-show room at Disney and there is a mad rush to get to the door and you usually get cut in line. With the rails, there is less likely to be cutting.

I would also like to see all the effects working again. The masks on the screen haven't been working since last year, one of the hologram projectors has been broking since last year and the Bat Signal sometimes works properly, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by Yoshi

With that video around the 5 minute mark; They Played ABBA's Dancing Queen, ODD!!!

Who was the Audience for the Ride? It's too scary for Kids and Too Boring for Adults.

What I Found funny is that they added an Indoor Coaster... Cause Skull Mountain was WAY TOO POPULAR, I Guess? (PS, I liked that ride better than Dark Knight.)

I think there would be less complaining if Six Flags actually said it was a wild mouse coaster. Then the right thrill group would be attracted, and less complaining would occur by those who thought it was going to be an intense thrill. I guess the main reason why the wrong group rides the attraction is because of the commercials, and the fact that they can't see the ride for themselves.

I really like TDK too, but as others have said the marketing was all wrong. I wish they would install the skyline on the front of the building and fix the broken effects. I remember what a mess the opening day for it was. There were hordes of bratty student council kids just crushing people against the ropes and other people. It's the reason I never will go to GADV on a student council day. Justin, when Skull Mt first opened it was very popular and it used to have a much longer queue than it has now.

I originally thought Skull Mountain went upside down. The commercial made it seem like it was going to be a really thrilling, scary coaster. The first time I rode the coaster and we hit the brake run, I was thinking, that is it?

Edited by Yoshi