VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I just don't like the idea of a Free Spin in general really. Not many people like the idea of it either. Hopefully it isn't just a vertical wild mouse all the way to the bottom, and an intense element is included.

Also, don't get hyped up about the whole 220ft tall thing. The other 10 inversion model is only 160ft, and knowing Six Flags Great Adventure, that I feel is what they will probably go with.

Kristin Siebeniecher - "Very BIG, Very Thrilling". Could potentially be referring to 220 feet?

I find it funny how GAm fans really want a Free Spin and they wont get it and GAdv fans dont want a free spin and we are gonna get it.

It's ideal for them being fine with a Free Spin. They have gotten a record breaking RMC and a Good Quality Wingrider within the past five years, when all we have really received besides GL (not even a brand new coaster, in fact over 10 years old previously) was a Safari expansion and a Drop Tower.

Edited by Tower

Maybe we can be grateful that there will be a new coaster of any kind coming instead of nothing coming to the park. I enjoy the lineup we have at GA so to have something different will be icing.

Edited by scott

If you hate the park so much then stop posting here. I'm tired of reading it.

This hobby is supposed to be fun but it seems half of you are just bashing the park and a ride that you don't know anything about. It's ridiculous.

Well first off since a lot of us are basically sealing the deal on what we think is coming to the park, it's obvious we know a little about the ride. Next, is there honestly a problem with having an opinion? Not everyone is happy with an addition that any park gets for that matter. Plus stating that we should get a good coaster and pointing out our past as a reference is not classified as "bashing the park". I think that we should get something that most people will be happy with, and that is just my opinion. If you are tired of reading what I have to say, then don't read it at all. It's simple.

Not to mention everyone thinks differently about what they think IS coming to the park and what they think SHOULD come to the park. And that is basically what this discussion is for.

Edited by Tower

Keep in mind "6 inversion" layout only has 3 flip locations and 3 'potential' flip locations. So you'll flip 3 for sure and maybe 3 other times depending on weight etc.

So take the 10 inversion with a gain of salt. It probably has 5 flip locations with 5 potential flip areas. Also they can control the spins so if they don't want guests flipping 10 times they won't and can adjust it to their wants and needs.

Keep in mind "6 inversion" layout only has 3 flip locations and 3 'potential' flip locations. So you'll flip 3 for sure and maybe 3 other times depending on weight etc.

So take the 10 inversion with a gain of salt. It probably has 5 flip locations with 5 potential flip areas. Also they can control the spins so if they don't want guests flipping 10 times they won't and can adjust it to their wants and needs.

I thought that was already something that was discussed earlier in this thread, and that the Ride Operators don't have a say in the number of spins a rider experiences during the ride. They can the adjust fins, yes, but only when the ride is closed or the park is closed.

Edited by Tower

It was but people keep bringing up the idea of being flipped around 10 times. When you may or may not be flipped that much. I just described it to stop the chatter about 'being flipped 10 times'. 6 inversion model doesn't really flip 6 times... 10 inversion model might not flip 10 times...

Well first off since a lot of us are basically sealing the deal on what we think is coming to the park, it's obvious we know a little about the ride. Next, is there honestly a problem with having an opinion? Not everyone is happy with an addition that any park gets for that matter. Plus stating that we should get a good coaster and pointing out our past as a reference is not classified as "bashing the park". I think that we should get something that most people will be happy with, and that is just my opinion. If you are tired of reading what I have to say, then don't read it at all. It's simple.

Not to mention everyone thinks differently about what they think IS coming to the park and what they think SHOULD come to the park. And that is basically what this discussion is for.

"After ten years we deserve a REAL coaster."

"I bet it'll be another ten years before we get a new coaster."

"This park is so neglected. They're treating us like the step child of the chain."

These are the kinds of posts I'm referring to. I'm not saying you said them, but the general tone of many of the posts in this thread are very negative.

I would argue that many of you know very little about the ride, considering some are saying it isn't thrilling, or isn't a "real" coaster. Almost none of us have ridden anything like it (and none of us have ridden this potential model of the ride), so it's important to reserve negative judgment until you ride it.

Wen did I say you can't have an opinion? You're putting words in my mouth and trying to make me look bad, when in reality I wasn't even referring to you in my original post.

Wat until May 2016 to see what the results are like, and hold your complaints until then, or at least September 3. Until then I'm just tired of the whining and the BS.

• Like 1

But then again ANY ride is a passing fad after a while...

Of course, there are some exceptions...

Anyway, a large complaint about the wingriders (especially Gatekeeper) is that they're "forceless" (which is really ignorant by the way) and not exciting and very tame. This isn't really B&M's fault because the heartline is so exaggerated by being away from the track that you can only do so much with them. Honestly, I don't think a wingrider would be too good a fit for us. We already have 5 B&M's and it's time to vary our lineup a little. S&S comes knocking at the door to change things up a little and everyone slams the door on them (not saying it's the best fit for the park though).

By the way, as of now there are 2 "dead" areas of the park, being the Lakefront and Old Country. As per the "no dead zones" philosophy, expect a coaster in both areas in the near future. Obviously the Lakefront will be resurrected this year, but all you guys complaining about the lack of traditional coasters lately should wait and see what's eventually going in Old Country.

I guess I can wait, as it's not even confirmed that is what we are getting. Nothing has changed since we first speculated a Free Spin and now, and just us getting closer to the announcements doesn't mean anything. At this point, with all of these fake leaks, I'm not going to believe anyone until the announcements.

Edited by Tower

Yeah, "10 element" has the "Raven Turn's" as part of that number, as well as the fins. It does not mean your flipping 10 times. Although can prob get 10 flip's off it once you get the hang of it and if you want them. I think being upside down, going over verticle will be unique sensation. They have the option of having forward facing, or "face-off" seating on the Cars. Wonder if they go different than Batman with the "face-off" seating.

Of course, there are some exceptions...

Anyway, a large complaint about the wingriders (especially Gatekeeper) is that they're "forceless" (which is really ignorant by the way) and not exciting and very tame. This isn't really B&M's fault because the heartline is so exaggerated by being away from the track that you can only do so much with them. Honestly, I don't think a wingrider would be too good a fit for us. We already have 5 B&M's and it's time to vary our lineup a little. S&S comes knocking at the door to change things up a little and everyone slams the door on them (not saying it's the best fit for the park though).

By the way, as of now there are 2 "dead" areas of the park, being the Lakefront and Old Country. As per the "no dead zones" philosophy, expect a coaster in both areas in the near future. Obviously the Lakefront will be resurrected this year, but all you guys complaining about the lack of traditional coasters lately should wait and see what's eventually going in Old Country.

I don't mind the forceless B&M coasters. I'd rather have a coaster that is less forceful that can be ridden multiple times in a row than one that is so forceful like Kumba that I have had it after 1 lap (I realize many enthusiasts disagree with this though). As much as I like B&M coasters, I agree that wing rider wouldn't be the best fit for the park since it would be good to get something from a different company.

I don't mind the forceless B&M coasters. I'd rather have a coaster that is less forceful that can be ridden multiple times in a row than one that is so forceful like Kumba that I have had it after 1 lap (I realize many enthusiasts disagree with this though). As much as I like B&M coasters, I agree that wing rider wouldn't be the best fit for the park since it would be good to get something from a different company.

Yes, and I'm saying that S&S is not the best company to get from, as many other people would rather have a coaster from Premier Rides or Intamin.

I'm still wishing that we wouldn't get a new coaster for 2016 and the park instead spend the money to clean up the park. So many things that are broken/don't work/not in use and it makes the park ugly. The parking lot, empty parts of the park (Golden Kingdom, Old Country), just renovations that are needed in general.

Not a populareal opinion, but something good I feel really needs to be focused on.

• Like 1

The 4D will add a totally new Coaster experience to the Park, and that is exactly what it need's now. And from the sound's of it, it will be a sight to behold. Besides B&M's like Fury325 (hyper-giga) their designs are getting very stale and dated. Look at "Mako", it's alomost a clone of "Nitro", a ride that was bulit in 2001. S&S this year, Premier for 2017. In a couple days we will get confirmation the "Dueler" is not going to any Park this year, and then alot will become more clear of our future plans beyond this year. It's either the Premier "dueler" or "Justice League" in 2017. But i'm leaning toward's Movietown/Old Country redone, with the "dueler" as the new "anchor" ride as the major draw. Having those path's sitting there with no ad's along them the Park is "leaving money on the Table".

The 4D will add a totally new Coaster experience to the Park, and that is exactly what it need's now. And from the sound's of it, it will be a sight to behold. Besides B&M's like Fury325 (hyper-giga) their designs are getting very stale and dated. Look at "Mako", it's alomost a clone of "Nitro", a ride that was bulit in 2001. S&S this year, Premier for 2017. In a couple days we will get confirmation the "Dueler" is not going to any Park this year, and then alot will become more clear of our future plans beyond this year. It's either the Premier "dueler" or "Justice League" in 2017. But i'm leaning toward's Movietown/Old Country redone, with the "dueler" as the new "anchor" ride as the major draw. Having those path's sitting there with no ad's along them the Park is "leaving money on the Table".

That's something I like to hear :D Now I'm excited for 2017 Speculation, as we can get something really cool the park hasn't seen before. But as for the Free Spin, I believe it's a good edition even though some people don't think it is. Anything that makes Nitro's line shorter is fine with me :D

I think what interest me the most for our new coaster if it is a 4d its that 220 foot lift. So tall and going up in the position your set to go up will be scary for many people. But I wonder why it's so big if all its gonna do is flip you. And at this point all B&M hypers are the same. Airtime and hills that's it. I really want a new launch coaster though family based or something to hype you up kingda ka.

^^^Yeah, that's definitely a plus. Low Capacity + Initial popularity = Long as hell lines, which mean I can get more rides on the big 3! (Nitro, El Toro, & Kingda Ka)

And I agree with Railer. The very near future is going to be very good, and I do believe something will eventually go into Old Country, because it's unlikely that they'll just leave that part of the park dead like that.

Edited by KK456