VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

I know this one, it's located at Great Lake Grandstand, which original Six Flags TV was used to programming to play videotapes on the system for the TV monitors on the queues for the rides in 1990s like Time Warner music videos, Looney Tunes cartoons, trivias, movie & TV show promos, commericals, park promos, etc... when Time Warner owns Six Flags theme parks.

Well FUN sounds so sure how can I not think that's the right answer. I thought it was a season pass processing center bit I don't know where I thought it might have been.

• Like 1

Good job Six Flags FUN! (And sorry, Six Flags TV isn't in our lineup yet!) Scott gets points too!

ANSWER: The photo was taken below the Great Lake Grandstands. The shot (uncropped below to show the angled roof) was taken in the portion to the right of the central corridor entrance. The photo at the bottom was taken inside the left portion which was once the home of The Beachcomber Shop and later used for broadcasting Six Flags TV.

gallery_2_35_794251.jpg

gallery_2_35_422018.jpg

QUESTION #433: Riddle time!

The park has four, although once there were five,

The widest is an attraction which you enjoy - live.

Two were backstage, although now only one,

The other you pass through, for even more fun.

The smallest is gone, but it's hardly missed,

And one is sometimes accessible, but there is a twist.

So what are these things that I describe today,

One last hint, they weren't made to stay.

Can't name or describe them all but I suspect the blow up props? For instance the one at HITP boardwalk entrance to walk through, think I saw one or two at FF. Trying to think of any more.

Yes Daved!!! :hat:

ANSWER: The items being described were the "temporary" bubble buildings found around Great Adventure. Here's the meaning of the riddle:

The park has four, although once there were five, (The five include the buildings below. They are all still at the park except "E".)

The widest is an attraction which you enjoy - live. (The widest is the Showcase Theatre. "C" below.)

Two were backstage, although now only one, (The two backstage were "A" -the old admin building and "B" - the commissary.)

The other you pass through, for even more fun. ("A" became the entrance to Superman Ultimate Flight in 2003.)

The smallest is gone, but it's hardly missed, ("E" -the Adventure Theatre was removed by 1999.)

And one is sometimes accessible, but there is a twist. ("D" -the Fest Haus catering area is only accessible during special events.)

So what are these things that I describe today,

One last hint, they weren't made to stay.

Here are the bubble buildings:

A. The Old Admin building

gallery_2_35_50579.jpg

B. The "Commissary" in the park's bone yard.

gallery_2_35_88419.jpg

C. The Showcase Theatre (originally named the Americana Music Hall).

gallery_2_35_161489.jpg

D. The Fest Haus in the catering pavilion.

gallery_2_35_113773.jpg

E. The Adventure Theater Cinema 180

gallery_2_35_770371.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Since it seems to be located near the blue Dream Street tent , are we talking about that ride with a Free Fall sign on it that was in the middle of Dream Street? But, the building's architectural styling is also signaling either Sarajevo Bobsled or Shockwave?

Edited by Daved Thomson

honda rider got it!

ANSWER: The building in the photo was the control room for FreeFall (later Stuntman's FreeFall). It was built in 1983 when the ride was installed and removed in the winter of 2006/2007 when the ride was demolished.

You can see the control building on the right in the photo below.

gallery_2_35_122042.jpg

honda rider got it!

ANSWER: The building in the photo was the control room for FreeFall (later Stuntman's FreeFall). It was built in 1983 when the ride was installed and removed in the winter of 2006/2007 when the ride was demolished.

You can see the control building on the right in the photo below.

gallery_2_35_122042.jpg

I remember waiting on those lines!