VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

What exactly would happen if the board didn't approve the new building? I know it's almost ensured that they'll approve it but I'm just curious what you guys will think would happen.

Edited by Zash

What exactly would happen if the board didn't approve the new building? I know it's almost ensured that they'll approve it but I'm just curious what you guys will think would happen.

If all the other JLs get approved this one should aswell' also they approved The Joker which is way higher league than this

Thought i said this already, but yeah. I doubt my Girls will want Passes next year, they didn't this year with the "Joker", and prob won't again next year with a "JL". Hershey gets all our Money again, and the Park loses all the Money they would of made with more Guest's playing them after riding a new "JL" on the Boardwalk. All those Family's won't be walking thru the Games, they'll get to walk down a long, and probably "dead" Path to look at two big grey Boxes next to each other. And from what i was told this morning by someone that seem's to know what they are talking about, it's all Fitzgerald's fault. Corporate wanted it in the Simulator Building, but Fitzgerald wanted a new Building, because they don't have many large Building's within the Infastructure of the Park.

get Hershey or cedar fair passes. much better parks

Took my Girls ro Hershey, they loved it. Not that bad of a run for me, my town is right under NJ/PA Turnpike Bridge. I went once a year to Hershey growing up, but always had GA Passes being so close.

EDIT And if it did get denied for whatever reason, they would just file an Appeal. But unless it's good, legit reason's to contest it, it would get approved even if did go complain lol.

Actually, i should just go on the Twp's FB Page, and tell them they want to add an Attraction that in other Six Flag's Park's has been placed in a converted Structure of the same Building we have sitting empty, making a new building, cutiing sown TREES!!!!! haha That little patch of Tree's by "Musik's" que are some old ones from the early days of the park, all 3 or 4 of em' lol.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

Next year is going to be awesome, soon Six Flags will be annoucing new dark ride called Justice League Battle for Metropolis. Hopefully 2018 or 2019 will getting TREX or flat package.

Lol I love how happy you are that were getting a jl

• Like 1

I just don't understand the reason for creating a new building. Like why spend the additional money when you have a building already standing? Wouldn't they want to save money?

Well, they do use the existing building. Building space is something they lack for storage, training, and other backstage needs. Plus this gives them another indoor ride for both AC in teh summer and a heated attraction during HITP.

In many cases re-purposing the building may cost more than building a new one. Disney just faced a similar problem with the Little Mermaid taking the old 20000 Leagues building which cost much more and took longer than building from scratch would have.

The fact that they only did the conversion at SFOT on the simulator building and not at any other park with on leads me to believe there was no cost or time saving.

Had to have been cheaper building new in this case. Those new Building's are only $16-$20 a sq ft to put up. If they could of changed the layout of a "JL" in the Sim to accommodate the "facade" on a diff side of the Building, GA could of got away with only having to relocate the "Road Race" and the cost of the re-hab. But if they couldn't, and could only do it the way the other Park did, they would have had to moved "Slingshot" and those monster Footer's for those Tower's. Either way, a re-hab cost, plus a ride removal cost, compared to $16-$20 a sq ft. Easy to see why they are building a new building.

Edited by Railer

I will say, the HOJ facade would have really looked nice in the simulator building spot on the Boardwalk. I'll take a revitalization of Old Country over that (assuming that's what they're doing), but I'm not sure there's anything they could put in the Boardwalk now that would liven up the area as much.

All the work i am doing today almost makes me want to go to the Planning Board Meeting just to see how it all unfold's now. Other's now feel the same way i do, but the difference is they are in a postion to do something about it.

Emailed every member of the Planning Board, and emailed those that opposed the Solar Farm to ask why Build a new Building when other Park's in the Chain added the exact same new Attraction, in the exact same Building we have sitting as an "eye sore", and is only used for Storage at "Great Adventure". Why make a new one that will cause more damage to the Fragile eco-system of those Protected Wetland's, when they could use an existing structure, that would actually make the Park more Money by placing a new Attraction in it at the end of the Games Section for 2017. And from the replies i recieved from Planning Board Member's, they are all very legit question's that now will be asked.

Edited by Railer

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?

Yeah that is insane and if it somehow worked (it won't) it could indirectly destroy the chance of future attractions being approved.

Yeah that is insane and if it somehow worked (it won't) it could indirectly destroy the chance of future attractions being approved.

why do we need more attraction, we have the best coaster lineup out of any park. we have plenty for kids and families. Don't need more attractions. The park needs to fix the decaying infrastructure.

Edited by DANofNJ
  • Like 1

why do we need more attraction, we have the best coaster lineup out of any park. we have plenty for kids and families. Don't need more attractions. The park needs to fix the decaying infrastructure.

Umm...what does this have to do what I said? My point was if JL got blocked by the planning board for reasons Railer is stating, it could hurt chances of future atteactions (some of which he wants) being approved. If an "eyesore" building on private property which cannot be seen by public roads can be reason to shut a project down, then it is hard to reason future attractions that will require things like tree removal being approved. And when I say attractions, I am not referring to only coasters.

As far as coasters go, I am fine with JL this year. In the future, though, we will need to see a coaster addition. With our park being the money-maker it is, and having the mild decade we have had in terms of new coaster additions, it will be a necessity to keep people interested and coming back. We are not at that point yet, though.

Edited by Nitro1118

Are you for real? Good thing they didn't get your TRex. Imagine what that would have done to your ecosystem. Or would that have been OK?

And by the way, that area is nowhere near wetlands.

It is a valid question, though. Yes, the park may already use the building on the Boardwalk and yes, they may want it in Old Country, but wouldn't it be better to not destroy part of nature?

EDIT: Not saying it's my question. Just saying it's not wrong for someone to ask that

Edited by Zash