VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Railer, I like GA, but most, if not all, of the things you said are true.

I know they are, everyone else knows they are, but some choose to ignore those FACTS. Still no answer if i made all that up? Can't point out all the bad when you want that Media Day invite every year now can ya'? No, they would rather try to "dis-credit" by eluding to being banned, that's the answer we got. That's what the problem is when something called a "Fansite" is being run or moderated by Park Employee's, or those really close to the Park. You get the same "watered down" crap you get from Six Flags. Makes for ZERO credibility, and it says they only like speculation if it's wrong. Like last year when i had a post deleted when i said what i was told by someone in Mangement about the Park wanting to do a Permanent Museum with old Ride Vehicles hanging from the ceiling, and as soon as Fitzgerald figures out a way to make money off it, they are doing it. Or when alot posted the New Ride Vid before Midnight, and they were all deleted. And when other's have contributed as much as i have to the site, when they have personal pics up in the Ride Spotlight's, "break" some sort of news, maybe then they can say if someone else should post or not that does have all that. Seem's they just take up space contributing nothing but stupid, wrong, opinion's. Ever share a Park pic for the Members here?

But back to 2017, the best move they could do is move "Twister" to Movietown, and put that new Building with the Facade sitting right where "Twister" does now.

Railer you aren't wrong but I also feel like location plays a big part of crowds for us vs Hershey and that's also debatable.

Guess I can count my media day invite out now. :rolleyes: Damn.

Once again relating everything to having a connection with the park. There's a difference of ignoring some stuff and when you have a connection with the park, which I don't see you having anytime soon, or ever,you respect their wishes on certain stuff such as announcements.

The joker video that you """"broke early"""" yes we deleted it. Why? Because we won't post an announcement before the actual park does but to this day you seem to not grasp that concept or understand why we do it. Sure we had the video and everything before you even posted it but the park wanted nobody to post it before said time, so their wishes were respected. It has nothing to do with connections, media events, relations or anything else you seem to blame things on when you want to have the 'breaking news'.

Simply respecting something as 'please don't post until this time' allows Harry to have a relationship with the park unlike nobody else. Where do you think stuff from the site comes from? There's stuff that you all don't even know about. Harry puts his trust in the park and the park puts their trust in Harry. It'd be stupid to damage that by posting something early. We could care less about being the first or breaking news, but obviously the site and you are on totally different pages and when things didn't or don't go your way, you start throwing these typical Railer fits.

I give you credit for some of the things contributed, but you also contributed a handful of headaches as well.

I liked to see a music express or some sort of ride of that nature in the observatory. They'd be able to add lights,music,sound etc and being in the building would be theming itself.

Edited by jdc12192
  • Like 2

Having had the experience of JL in St Louis this year, it is far from mediocre. Not Disney or Universal quality but pretty close to it. Sally Corp makes a quality product and this thing deserves the great reviews it is getting and the long lines it is getting elsewhere. Much of the complaining here is the "coaster or bust" mentality of the enthusiast world that really just turns most people off. Pointing out the level of sophistication of the crowd GA attracts, and the crime, security and other things that go along with it, while not untrue, is also kind of inappropriate and not really part of the discussion here. Ironically, I saw a poster write something very similar about the crowds at Dorney today on another site (complaining about how the park imports the inner city with its buses). So I guess it is all a matter of perspective when it comes down to that and has nothing to do with the quality of JL and whether or not it will be a good addition.

Bottom line is this is going to be a great addition to the park, families are going to love it and it will more than make up the money lost from the odd one off spoiled enthusiast heading to Hershey because he didn't get his way. From a business standpoint, the park will take that trade any day of the week and twice on Sunday. People really need to understand - they don't need us to be successful, we are a small subset of their customer base and if we all disappeared tomorrow - Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Hershey and everyone else in the industry will not bat an eye.

Edited by Nativenyer

I can also see a flat ride (like a Tilt A Whirl or something similar in size) being added inside the Xploratorium "hands" building at some point.

There are several empty spots they could put a few flats - if not with this addition, then the following year - the old Musik Express, Enterprise and Pendulum sites are all empty I believe.

Yes that would be nice to see that section of the park open with rides again other than the pathway being open during Holiday in the Park and for catering groups.

Soon as your menstrual cycle is over I for one still want to hear your credible rumors and potential leaks. After all, that's why I check out this thread. Don't really need the drama but if that's your thing, go ahead and be you.

This thread right now has me like this lol

MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

In all seriousness I'm coming to terms with the idea of the JL dark ride in Old Country, although I would have rathered a coaster in that spot the dark ride with any eventual flats they might add will still reopen and bring life to this section of the park, which is what I've always wanted in the first place.

That's why i do it all, i know people like the news i get sometimes. I just have a big problem with any kind of "censorship" on anything. But it's really no biggie, none of this is "big picture" wise. But i think the biggest news to come down this week was the Poster "Hollyferry" saying that she saw the 'Suit's" looking over area's in HH, and it was glossed over by everyone here. Last year around the same time i posted seeing the "suit's" from Texas looking over where "Carribean Cove" now sits. Put that together with the fact that less than a week after opening "Carribean Cove" they had to close due to capacity still, my money is on next year we get another HH expansion. And it really need's it.

But on "El Toro" being re-tracked, if they did go that route (and they will eventually) "El Toro" is already 100% ready to be "I-Boxed", it was built to the exact specs of RMC's I-Box Track. And when you ride front row on it, it's easy to see that it is. Personally, i think i would rather have it use "Topper Track", that would be just as easy to convert, and it would still keep it a "true" Woodie. I think I-Box Track should be a seperate new category for Wood Coaster's, and Topper Track Coaster's should be considered a "true" Woodie. Everything else is a Hybrid to me. But with Toro's layout i could see them easily adding an "in-line" Twist where the little "Bunny Hill" is after the "turnaround" before the Hill that lead's into the Twister section. An "in-line" twisting to the left, that will flow right into the left turn that lead's into that last ait-time hill would be awesome. And they already have all the structure in place to do it with minimal changes needed, that whole "bunny hill" section is is full of Head Chopper's.

• Like 2

I can also see a flat ride (like a Tilt A Whirl or something similar in size) being added inside the Xploratorium "hands" building at some point.

Speaking of this building, it is being used as a location in Pokemon Go. It's referred to as "Attack on Titan Hands Building," and this has been included in the list of Pokemon Go locations that the park posted on their site. Interesting....

Speaking of this building, it is being used as a location in Pokemon Go. It's referred to as "Attack on Titan Hands Building," and this has been included in the list of Pokemon Go locations that the park posted on their site. Interesting....

Six Flags didn't add the Pokestops. Someone thought it looked like a giant from Attack On Titan, and added it.

If it's true, it does mean something. "Bizarro" is a prime canidate to get the VR Treatment, and the Train's were already once rigged up to have a Power Source on them for the Audio. Would be an easy conversion.But i'm not sure if the VR even need's a Power Supply on them though since they just use Phones in a Headset.

There was talk they were testing VR on Nitro in June. Bizarro makes much more sense - it needs a popularity boost and it makes no sense to take your best people eater in the park (Nitro) and turn it into an operations nightmare. You'd be talking 3 hours minimum waits if they put it on Nitro based on performance in other parks. But we'll see, they already announced it for Raging Bull in Chicago.