VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

So, based on this year's pass prices:

Six Flags pass with Hurricane Harbor= $84

Dorney Park/Wild Water Kingdom=$128

Hershey Park (includes waterpark)=$160

The Dorney and Hershey passes only get you into those parks, but the Six Flags pass gets you into any Six Flags. And Dorney and Hershey passes don't include Christmas events.

I don't quite get why anyone would find Dorney or Hershey to be better values...

Oooh, Six Flags is pissing me off by adding another ride but it's not a roller coaster! I'm punishing them by not coming back and spending more money and driving farther to get to Hershey and Dorney! That'll teach them!!!

• Like 2

Yeah, but your also forgetting that Hershey has "priced-out" all the low life scumbags that go to Great Adventure and steal whatever they can, whenever they can, that has become the majority of who the current Pass Holding "Members" are. But what do you expect when you make a Payment Plan for something that only cost's $100. You get what Great Adventure has become, an "Inner City" Theme Park. And anyway you slice it, one Family not giving Great Adventure Money hurt's them, not me. I have the extra Money to spend being a Widower, and working Full-Time. I just spend my SS Survivior Bene's for anything in any park, that 's all "free" Money to me anyway. Taxpayer Funded disposeable income that someone else will get now. So i guess thank's anyone that pays Social SecurityTaxes, and thank's for funding all our Hershey trip's!!!

And yeah, i have no desire to ride along a Track stopping in front of 3-D TV Sceen's to watch mediocre graphics. If i wanted to do that, i would of saw B V S in the Theater's, or get someone to push me in a Shopping Cart down my Hallway and stop my in front of my 3-D to play a Wii Shooting Game.

Yeah, but your also forgetting that Hershey has "priced-out" all the low life scumbags that go to Great Adventure and steal whatever they can, whenever they can, that has become the majority of who the current Pass Holding "Members" are. But what do you expect when you make a Payment Plan for something that only cost's $100. You get what Great Adventure has become, an "Inner City" Theme Park. And anyway you slice it, one Family not giving Great Adventure Money hurt's them, not me. I have the extra Money to spend being a Widower, and working Full-Time. I just spend my SS Survivior Bene's for anything in any park, that 's all "free" Money to me anyway. Taxpayer Funded disposeable income that someone else will get now. So i guess thank's anyone that pays Social SecurityTaxes, and thank's for funding all our Hershey trip's!!!

And yeah, i have no desire to ride along a Track stopping in front of 3-D TV Sceen's to watch mediocre graphics. If i wanted to do that, i would of saw B V S in the Theater's, or get someone to push me in a Shopping Cart down my Hallway and stop my in front of my 3-D to play a Wii Shooting Game.

deadhorse.jpg

Until you try it, don't knock it. And a dark ride has been on top of almost every poll I've seen the last 10 years for which attraction people most want to see at our park. And this particular dark ride has gotten great reviews and people have been eating it up. So even though you don't like it, it is a great addition.

• Like 1

How is saying exactly what the Park is now "hating"? Am i making any of that up i said? Is it not true? On all the Hershey Fan-Site's you don't read all the time "my Cup was stolen" do you? Do you read in Local Pennsy Paper's on how Cars are being broken into every year? Does Hershey have Trooper's with Fully-Automatic Weapon's standing at the Security Gates on busy days? And it's not like all of a sudden i'm some Hershey "kiss-ass" like most GAdv People are, i mean either way they are just Theme Park's, the whole thing could burn down tomorrow and every Employee be burned with it and it's not making a diff in my Life. I just love getting people worked up over something as stupid as this stuff, i think it's histerical. I just play "roles" to get info out of people that are stupid enough to fall for it, and it usually work's. Why do you think i complained to the Board? for a reply with info, and it worked. But I guess more need to "step back" a bit, maybe then they will see it like alot do now. I mean how many Long time Poster's are left here even? All the names i see are different than the ones who were here year's ago, even the Long time Poster Dainan (good Guy, not knocking him in any way) seem's to have moved on. But that's what happen's, once you see what else is out there, there really is no comparison.

And as far as being "banned" from the park, even if anyone was banned, not like it would stop someone if they really wanted to go in the Park. I know of people that were banned for life in the 80's and 90's that get passes every year still. When you buy a pass do they ask for ID? Does a Pass require a SS #? Do they have pictures of all the banned People at every Entry Gate? They answer to all of them is "No". So then i guess anyone could go online, or in the Park, make a Pass in any name they choose, grow a Beard (or shave) and be in. Just like they do now.

• Like 1

So, based on this year's pass prices:

Six Flags pass with Hurricane Harbor= $84

Dorney Park/Wild Water Kingdom=$128

Hershey Park (includes waterpark)=$160

The Dorney and Hershey passes only get you into those parks, but the Six Flags pass gets you into any Six Flags. And Dorney and Hershey passes don't include Christmas events.

I don't quite get why anyone would find Dorney or Hershey to be better values...

Oooh, Six Flags is pissing me off by adding another ride but it's not a roller coaster! I'm punishing them by not coming back and spending more money and driving farther to get to Hershey and Dorney! That'll teach them!!!

I'm not going to other Cedar Fair or Six Flags parks. It's Dorney Park or Great Adventure for me. Not Six Flags parks or Cedar Fair parks for me. I've done everything in both parks and until either of them add something new, I'll be going to the more family friendly and arguably safer and cleaner park.

• Like 1

If you don't care about it or the park then don't waste your or our time trying to get "people worked up" or "info out of stupid people." You sound like you're mentally unstable saying that and you don't belong in an enthusiast group if you "don't care."

Personally I would not mind at all if you stopped posting here.

• Like 1

And as far as being "banned" from the park, even if anyone was banned, not like it would stop someone if they really wanted to go in the Park. I know of people that were banned for life in the 80's and 90's that get passes every year still. When you buy a pass do they ask for ID? Does a Pass require a SS #? Do they have pictures of all the banned People at every Entry Gate? They answer to all of them is "No". So then i guess anyone could go online, or in the Park, make a Pass in any name they choose, grow a Beard (or shave) and be in. Just like they do now.

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.

We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could care less about, but for those of us that would like to discuss this topic, we are moving on.

• Like 7

Maybe something similar to sfne with 'DC Adventures'. If it happens, I'm also curious to see how far current movietown, or future new name, expands. Is it going to wrap around by the rides info center, end where possible JL is going to be? With another small area connecting rides info center to JL?

I think it would be a good idea to, along with a Batman repaint to dark blue/cobalt and combine Old Country with the new section.

I'd like to see that or the black track come back. I wouldn't mind the yellow track so much if it wasn't so close to Nitro.

• Like 1

You didn't answer my question, but in a way I guess you did.

We get that you don't care anymore and nothing makes a difference. I have never seen anyone so passionate about something they could care less about, but for those of us that would like to discuss this topic, we are moving on.

Not banned at all, never was, never will be. They would have to actually witness someone doing something to ban them.

And no one answered my question of "Is any of what i said made up, or not true?" So we don't have Trooper's with full Auto's at the Gate? Cups don't get stolen every day? Cars don't get broken into almost every day? A simple google search answers those question's, why can't anyone here?

And i said that in the current Survey from yesterday, that "Justice League : Battle For Gotham City" was a name option to pick from. And eveything in Movietown is Batman Themed The only thing that is only DC Themed is the GIft Shop, that would be pretty much identical to what they want to add.

Edited by Railer
  • Like 1

I wouldn't doubt that at some point in the future flats are added to the area to bring more of a DC coherence. Something like Over Texas's flat package with the same DC names.

Honestly, JLBFM is a great addition whether I personally care for the ride or not. It would have a lot of potential if they polished it up a bit compared to the others, but most park visitors won't really care so it wouldn't be necessary.

Assuming we are getting the Justice League dark ride, do you think they will rename the area from Movie Town to something DC related? After all, there aren't any other non-DC related attractions in the area.

I hope we see a DC universe overhaul like the SFMM section, which is the rare nicely themed SF addition. Retheming Nitro would be an easy overlay, and perhaps they'd throw in a giant frisbee themed to Wonder Woman or someone else.

Also, Zash, agree wholeheartedly. I love GAdv because I love pretty much any theme park, and because I grew up on it, but it's hard to deny that these days Hershey and Dorney beat SF on safety, cleanliness, efficiency, and just about every other area other than ride infrastructure (and even that's debatable depending on your preferences). I recognize that not everyone is in a position to think this way, but I'd personally absolutely prefer to pay more for the better product.

That would be good especially for Holiday In The Park with some of the similar rides like Deja Vu having a full queue plus a small overflow line with all the families in the park.