VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

If they were to do it on any ride (which they shouldn't because based on other Six Flags parks' VR they're completely incompetent and did not train properly or think the entire situation through) they should do it like Cedar Point with sign ups at a certain time, non-VR operation most of the day, and strict assigned times for VR for a few hours with riders preparing with their headsets five minutes early.

If they don't do that it's a huge waste of efforts and a pain for everybody, especially those that just want the ride in its intended state with reasonable lines.

It should be on Mine Train for popularity reasons, Superman for ride experience reasons, IMO.

Edited by Password121
  • Like 1

If they were to do it on any ride (which they shouldn't because based on other Six Flags parks' VR they're completely incompetent and did not train properly or think the entire situation through) they should do it like Cedar Point with sign ups at a certain time, non-VR operation most of the day, and strict assigned times for VR for a few hours with riders preparing with their headsets five minutes early.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'd figure out a way to mess that process up, too.

Guys can we go back to 2017 thing please?

This is 2017. We may very well get VR next year, considering we're one of the few SF parks without it and now corporate thinks of it.

I get you're happy with the JL, but there's more to 2017 than just the dark ride.

It would be cool for Mine Train, but the headset would probably fly off before the ride ends. Skull Mountain would be awesome.

Can you explain why a headset would be likely to fall off of a 1970's mine train but has been operating on an Intamin mega coaster just fine?

• Like 1

In a perfect world no ride in the park would get the VR. It's a silly gimmick and I've seen first hand how much havoc it wreaks on operations. But because we don't live in a perfect world, VR would make the most sense on Skull Mountain. Which means they'll probably add it to Nitro.

• Like 1

^100% agreed. VR today sucks and destroys capacity. For understanding here, I timed a 21 minute dispatch on SFA's Superman with VR. I never saw one below 11 minutes, and most were around 17. In other words, whoever said they "really want to see it on Nitro," you're waiting 2-5 hours. Sorry.

And lol at the honesty in the last line.

Edited by Password121

In my own experience,I waited about 45 minutes for Shockwave at SFOT, which was averaging 10 minute dispatches. This was on a day where every other ride was a walk-on.

In my own experience,I waited about 45 minutes for Shockwave at SFOT, which was averaging 10 minute dispatches. This was on a day where every other ride was a walk-on.

I waited about 20 mins and that's because I went there as soon as the park opened. I thought the graphics were awful and it was completely pointless. I hope this vr fade goes away asap

Even if they could get 5 minute dispatches Nitro is the ride I'd want to see it at the least. With 3 trains running the line can move so fast. A couple of years ago during Fright Fest the line was in the switchbacks near the 120 minute sign (so I was expecting around 40 minutes) and it took 25 minutes with dispatches as fast as 80 seconds.

Just curious as to whether anyone here received the Justice League ride survey from Six Flags in the past day or two? The survey was heavily focused on awareness of exactly what type of ride it is, have you ridden it before at another Six Flags park, what other dark ride at Disney, Bush, and Cedar Fair parks you would say it is most comparable to, what other dark rides you have ridden at other Six Flags/Competitor parks and preference to have score kept for others in your car, others in the park that day, or no score keeping at all.

But, the biggest focus was on a different name for the ride. Some of the alternative names they listed: Justice League: The Ride, Justice League: The Game, Justice League: Heroes vs. Villains, Justice League: Play the Ride, Justice League: Ride The Adventure, and Justice League: Battle of Heroes. There were other names, as well, but these are what I recall.

Just curious as to whether anyone here received the Justice League ride survey from Six Flags in the past day or two? The survey was heavily focused on awareness of exactly what type of ride it is, have you ridden it before at another Six Flags park, what other dark ride at Disney, Bush, and Cedar Fair parks you would say it is most comparable to, what other dark rides you have ridden at other Six Flags/Competitor parks and preference to have score kept for others in your car, others in the park that day, or no score keeping at all.

But, the biggest focus was on a different name for the ride. Some of the alternative names they listed: Justice League: The Ride, Justice League: The Game, Justice League: Heroes vs. Villains, Justice League: Play the Ride, Justice League: Ride The Adventure, and Justice League: Battle of Heroes. There were other names, as well, but these are what I recall.

Some of those names sound so dumb. Justice League: The Game? Really?

There were a lot of options. then when you picked one the next page had extended names like Justice League: Battle for Metropolis the game or the ride or a bunch of other things.

Was Justice League: Battle for Gotham City there?

With the new ride coming next year, does anyone think we might see a new flat ride between JLBFM and TDK? I think a wave swinger or enterprise, hell even a tilt a whirl would compliment the area tremendously.