VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2017 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^Are you actually serious that you believe a full scale enterprise is a "carnival ride"? I hope you're being sarcastic.

Great Adventure has had two in its past and dozens of large parks have one, it's not a "Six Flags thing." The Six Flags hate is strong sometimes.

If you just don't want an enterprise (curious if you've ridden one to be honest) you don't have to go out of your way to call it something lesser than it is.

Edited by Password121
  • Like 3

SFOG's would have been good if it wasn't already sold to Fun Spot in Orlando. I wouldn't mind seeing another Enterprise if it ran a decent cycle. Dorney's Enterprise does a couple of rotations with the arm fully raised and then starts to lower.

I'd have 0 interest in us getting another carnival ride (Enterprise).

Take that back or I will never forgive you! The Enterprise was awesome! First Tango now this? We are going in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Take that back or I will never forgive you! The Enterprise was awesome! First Tango now this? We are going in the wrong direction.

LOL

During the time that the Enterprise was in the park I don't remember going to the park and not riding it. I don't go to the park and think "Oh, that's a just a carnival ride. I'm not riding that." I look at what I think is fun. I enjoy the Round Up still. There is nothing wrong with having a few rides that some smaller riders might find thrilling and some of us old people just find fun.

• Like 3

Kings Island's just announced GCI, Mystic Timbers, would be a fantastic fit at Great Adventure. Another modern wood coaster that's less extreme than El Toro but goes out into the woods and has a lot of floater airtime and slight banking. Not going to happen but it would be perfect--even more so for Great Adventure than at Kings Island, IMO.

• Like 1

Kings Island's just announced GCI, Mystic Timbers, would be a fantastic fit at Great Adventure. Another modern wood coaster that's less extreme than El Toro but goes out into the woods and has a lot of floater airtime and slight banking. Not going to happen but it would be perfect--even more so for Great Adventure than at Kings Island, IMO.

I can't agree more

In a perfect world, yes. After hearing how SF neglected and ruined Apocalypse at SFMM in just a few years, no.

Edited by Nitro1118
  • Like 1

Surprised not a single mention here of the Six Flags Q2 Confrenece Call that released alot of coming detail's. Missing things already......? Like they are doing what i posted month's ago of adding Holiday Theme's to the VR for Fright and HITP. Every Park in the Chain is getting VR, and plans are in the work's NOW for the remaining Park's that don't have VR to get it added very soon. I still just hope they only add it to "Skull Mountain" and "TDK" in GAdv. I posted last year "Pointsettia Peak" could really be something if the Coaster was on the "Peak" of a Snowy Mountain, and with TDK the possibilities are endless, with new Theme's for he upcoming DC slate of Movies. But i have a strong feeling were looking at "Bizarro" and hopefully "Skull Mountain". I do still think that adding VR to any outdoor Coaster would take away from the experience, losing the view's of the Woodland's our Coaster's give. Except for "Superman", i wouldn't mind losing the view of the Parking Lot, but adding hrs to that already slow moving line would be a nightmare. And they may not do the announcement's like they have been done lately, and we may even see a change of the "trends" that have been going on. We have a new CEO now, that may do thing's differently. I really don't think Reid Anderson will be doing the Video at all anymore, either the new CEO, or they will use a spokesperson. Doubt they will keep someone with a "lisp" doing the Annoiuncement's if he's not the CEO anymore. Seemed like an "ego" move from the start. But have to wait and see on that one, I think Reid Anderson's new position keep's him in the "Spotlight", see what they end up doing.

I just think VR to "Nitro" would take away more than it add's losing the natural setting it's in with the View's of the Lake. "Bizarro" would be my pick for our outdoor Coaster. I'm all for anything that keep's "Bizarro" in the spotlight, it's still one of our best Coaster's. And will always be the "1st Floorless", it deserve's some more attention.

• Like 1

I'm just reiterating a point I've already made in this thread, but the virtual world is not easy or cheap to create. Six Flags took the same 2 virtual worlds (Superman and New Revolution) and duplicated it across multiple coasters. Because Bizarro is a DC Comics theme, I believe a modification to the ride like the addition of VR has to be approved by DC. They won't approve anything other than a Bizarro themed VR experience. Six Flags is not going to make a VR scenario that can only be used on one coaster. If they are creating a Fright Fest themed VR experience, it will probably go to all the VR coasters that currently have the New Revolution, but I doubt we will see it on any DC coaster.

It's the same thing we see with their other additions. They buy in bulk for every park.

Good Point's, for Bizarro they would need the approval. But that same logic could be applied to the "TDK" Coaster, for the 3 Park's that have them now, that would solve all the issies i'm sure the other Park's are also having with the Themeing holding up. I think if they went with it on "Nitro", a re-theme may be something that comes along with it. Something that would fit one of the established sandbox "enviroment's" that they could sync up with "Nitro"s Layout. But how many Six Flag's Park's don't have a VR Coaster yet? If it's more than a few, they may make a new sandbox "enviroment" for the remaining Park's. But if they do it on "Nitro" hopefully a Paint Job comes along with it at least.

Edited by Railer

Although it would probably work for theming I wouldn't want VR on Skull since it would wreck the capacity. If they're gonna do it I'd like it if they had times at the start or end of the day where they don't use the VR so people who don't care about it can ride the coaster with a shorter wait.

Edited by RC98

After visiting Cedar Point this week, they are only running VR after 5pm with normal operations until then on Iron Dragon. Seemed to work much better than what Six Flags was doing in St Louis with Ninja. Wherever they put it in Great Adventure, I hope they adopt a similar policy so that at least part of the time things will run normal.

After visiting Cedar Point this week, they are only running VR after 5pm with normal operations until then on Iron Dragon. Seemed to work much better than what Six Flags was doing in St Louis with Ninja. Wherever they put it in Great Adventure, I hope they adopt a similar policy so that at least part of the time things will run normal.

They have been doing time constraints at some of the Six Flags parks with VR. I believe Superman at SFNE only has VR from 1pm to 9pm