VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to Debut in 2017 at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

• 2 weeks later...

GA and HP really suck for this. GA will be open during the week before Easter, but Battle for Metropolis won't be. Meanwhile over at HP there brand new Triple Tower will open April 8th, but they will not be open on weekdays until June. Just sounding off, hope Battle for Metropolis opens the week before Memorial Day, or at the latest Memorial Day weekend.

1) Will Google Maps will update Six Flags Great Adventure to show Justice League Battle for Metropolis in this month or next month.

2) Will Showcase Theater will be opening during under construction of Justice League Battle for Metropolis next month?

1- you need to ask Google that. I'm pretty sure they don't update their maps based off new amusement park rides.

2- Probably will be used when needed. There probably isn't going to be a daily show in there so it will be used for special events and whatnot and construction does not effect the use of showcase.

They had plans to reuse the Chiller station for other things but apparently those fell through. It's rarely a good idea to reuse a station like that and would end up costing more and yield less than perfect results. Look at the El Toro station.

I could imagine that there was a decent amount of asbestos accumulation after being abandoned for almost 10 years

Is Justice League Battle for Metropolis 4D is going to be okay during Winter Storm Stella tomorrow? I hope they will get back to work on the dark ride after the big storm this week....

They're most likely on or even ahead of schedule after the warm weather we had last month.

Is Justice League Battle for Metropolis 4D is going to be okay during Winter Storm Stella tomorrow? I hope they will get back to work on the dark ride after the big storm this week....

The ride isnt opening up till memorial day weekend. still plenty of time to get it ready

Another benefit of JL and dark rides in general is that it provides one more attraction that can be open during offseason periods such as HITP. When I was there on Dec 30 it was below freezing, and while it is nice to warm by a fire, it is even better when you can combine a ride with warming up at the same time! In the long run, this may help to raise attendance during offseason periods.

It is also beneficial to those patrons that don't want to or can't physically partake in some of the "extreme" roller coasters, which SFGA is chock full of. For instance, my wife will ride some of the tame roller coasters like Runaway, but will never go on a looping or inversion coaster.

Edited by dougdrummer

• 2 weeks later...

If it is like the others parks that have the ride, the wait times will be long since it appeals to almost everyone visiting the park and isn't as high capacity as the coasters.

If it is like the others parks that have the ride, the wait times will be long since it appeals to almost everyone visiting the park and isn't as high capacity as the coasters.

True. It's not like Joker where you didn't see AS MANY families. I'm sure there will be days where it's extremely crowded in the queue after it opens.

and how long is the ride itself?

at least an hour wait for a half hour safari ride is a reasonable ratio....

I don't remember exactly but didn't feel like even 2 minutes. I went on it at over Texas. It had huge lines both days I was there and it kept breaking down so it made the waits even longer.

Personally, I didn't think it was all that great and I definitely won't be waiting on long lines for it. I only went on it once but I am looking forward to going on it a few more times though to see if my opinion changes on it.

Edited by SatansHockey

Thanks Harry!

I got a bit carried away with taking pics and didn't focus enough on video, so I ended up with just a ton of short clips. I salvaged what I could, and it does the job, but it's not what I was hoping for.

I also literally got that new camera the night before, and had about 3 hours of play time before shooting that. lol I think I got it mostly figured out now.

Side note, they filled in the concrete pavement in front of Showcase. (pic from Sunday)

No more mud quicksand :P

xbfIDub.jpg

Edited by Matt Kaiser

Side note, they filled in the concrete pavement in front of Showcase. (pic from Sunday)

No more mud quicksand :P

Nice to see they are putting in concrete and not asphalt.

It is a good thing we turned around when we did in that mud. We might still be out there now!

• Like 1