VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2018 - Cyborg Spin

GAcoaster

First-of-its-Kind Thrill Ride to Debut at Six Flags Great Adventure

DC Super Hero CYBORG Themed Ride Coming in 2018

JACKSON, N.J. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that it will premiere the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG in 2018. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

“Six Flags leads the industry in thrill ride innovation; it is part of our DNA,” said Park President Neal Thurman. “Six Flags Great Adventure is home to an unparalleled collection of record-breaking attractions and we are excited to be adding CYBORG Cyber Spin, the first of its kind in North America. Like the Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, this futuristic, hi-tech ride will be unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced before and it is the perfect new thrill ride to expand our new Metropolis section.”

CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique futuristic triple box design that allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night—this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

· Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;

· Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;

· Dazzling nighttime light display; and

· Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.

CYBORG Cyber Spin is expected to debut in late spring of 2018. For more information about next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visithttps://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newfor2018

Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the start of 2018 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year—savings up to 70% on a 2018 Pass!

August 31 through Sept. 4, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to both Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2018 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2017 (including park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®), and all of 2018. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2018 All Season Drink Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

• Like 1

Interesting ride. If its a fun, thrilling flat ride, then Im happy. It looks like it will deliver that. We aren't getting great additions every year, and this is a great fill-in. Overall looks like a solid addition.

It looks pretty good. I'll give it a try.

Bummer, there's got to be something else with this. It also looks like this ride will close off the Old Country Path. If this the only addition and makes Metropolis a Dead End, will be a double bummer.

If the animation is a true indication of the layout I don't think it will close the path. If you look 4 seconds into the video you can see the path on the right.

I am very happy with this addition. With the addition of Justice League: Battle for Metropolis last year, they added a family focused ride. Cyborg Cyber Spin will give the thrill seekers something to ride in the Metropolis section. This is a unique flat ride and it has a great theme. Can it be Spring 2018 already!

It's the ride from Planet Coaster made real!

maxresdefault.jpg

I like this addition a lot, it's unique and gives us another thrilling flat ride, and also puts another big attraction in the Movietown/Metropolis area. Definitely better than the Skywarp to me.

This looks like a great addition for anyone who likes thrilling flat rides. I look forward to watching the ride from the midway and don't think I will actually try the ride.

My hope is that this is a small, relatively small addition to free up capital for a "major" new attraction next year. Especially if the Meadowlands thing finally gets off the ground.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a later announcement of something for Hurricane Harbor.

• Like 2

My hope is that this is a small, relatively small addition to free up capital for a "major" new attraction next year.

I completely agree. My concern is that SIX's debt load continues to increase, while their stock price is down YTD. I realize that the company works off of volume, but they can't keep charging so little for admission. I spent $368 today for my season pass, dining pass, and flash pass season pass. This is around what a three day ticket costs for the Magic Kingdom.

Their price points are just out of whack. Do we really think that someone who is paying $66 for a season pass is spending incremental money in the parks? I truly believe that Jim Reid Anderson originally stepped down as president because he could not squeeze much more revenue out of the parks. Now that he's back in the role of president, let's see what happens. You have to sell quite a few $66 season passes to pay for a $30M mega-coaster.

Edited by rj1972
  • Like 1