VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2018 - Cyborg Spin

GAcoaster

I assume Cyborg can't be located so as to impede access to the picnic grounds.

With a max capacity of 24 people per cycle and 910 pph, I see long lines in this ride's future (until people get bored with it).  And that's if they don't have a lot of downtime due to mechanical problems.  The 45 seconds for load/unload time also seems to be overly optimistic.  We shall see.

• 1 month later...

The planning board approval is set for Monday.

http://www.jacksontwpnj.net/documents/agendas/planning/2017/11-06-17.pdf

G. Engineering/Planning Matter

Block: 3101; Lot: 11 – Administrative Approval – Great Adventure

2018 Capital Improvements – Construction of a new 70 ft. tall ride attraction, to include a covered queue line, operator booths, site lighting, a hydraulic and electric building, entry portal and theming.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson planners approve new ride at Six Flags

ACKSON – Members of the Jackson Planning Board have unanimously approved the construction of a new ride at the Six Flags Great Adventure theme park, Route 537.

Attorney Ray Shea represented Great Adventure during a Nov. 6 meeting.

The company was proposing the construction of a 70-foot-tall ride with a covered queue line, operator booths, lighting, a hydraulic and electric building, entry portal and theming as part of the park’s 2018 capital improvements.

“This is the annual capital program for Great Adventure,” Shea said.

He said all of the proposed activities and construction will take place in previously disturbed areas of the property and all of the new facilities are permitted in the Commercial Recreation zone.

Township Council President Ken Bressi, who sits on the board, complimented the company’s transparency with Jackson.

“Great Adventure comes in every year. No matter how small or big their capital improvements are, they never try to do anything without coming in and getting approval,” he said.

Bressi said the 2018 improvement that was before the board that evening was “a bigger one,” but he said the theme park’s representatives make it a point to come before the board even when a less significant upgrade is on the docket.

“I don’t think people give Great Adventure enough credit for that,” he said.

The board members voted unanimously to approve Great Adventure’s capital improvements for 2018.

Source:  

• Like 1

On 11/17/2017 at 4:38 PM, dougdrummer said:

How long does it typically take between approval and breaking ground?  I assume detailed drawings had to be completed in order to get the approvals.

I can't speak for how Jackson's ZBA works, but I know from working with another ZBA, that they can start pouring the footings once the resolution of approval has been draft, signed and delivered, faster even if they have a good relationship with the municipality and the Zoning officer is down with it. 

• 1 month later...

Site prep work has started for Cyborg with the removal of the Autobahn bumper cars ride.  Demolition so far has the left hand game stands removed.  (Please note:  These photos were taken while with an authorized park representative.  As always, never venture into unauthorized areas.)

IMG_6242 copy.jpg

IMG_6304 copy.jpg

IMG_6249 copy.jpg

IMG_6250 copy.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was originally going in the Music Express spot, they can move Swashbuckler there and retheme it to Wonder Woman. What are the prime locations for a Zamerla Discovery at this point?

13 hours ago, Sluggo77 said:

Would one fit on the waterfront next to Joker?

UninKLSh.jpgThere’s defiantly enough room for the ride and a plaza but I’m not an engineer so I’m not sure if it would be realistic or not.

Squidy, is that why they put Pendulum behind Autobahn? :lol:

Well, it would have been successful where Joker is. I personally think maybe behind Joker, but I don't know if they would remove the backstage area for that.

Another good spot could next to Skull Mountain (remove Chop Six, kiddie ride in Swashbuckler's spot, Swashbuckeler to Musik Express spot pr next to JL, remove the other thing) 

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like the Autobahn building and the area had some potential, so it's a shame it's being torn down. They should have never built the current fender benders and just put new bumper cars in the Autobahn building, for a park like Great Adventure they needed to have a larger bumper car space in my opinion.

I think they put it there so there's a band of family-friendly rides (galleon-Swashbuckler, bumper cars, scrambler) before getting into the kiddie area and the coasters.  Also, it's one of those rides that people expect in a park, so putting it near the Ferris Wheel makes sense.  They did the same thing with the carousel-tea cups combo.

(Seriously though, thinking about this really points out how lacking in flat rides the park is.  At least it's got a great safari.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...