VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New for 2018 - Cyborg Spin

GAcoaster

2 hours ago, scott said:

That's rough. Pass holders have to wait? I was going to go over there tomorrow. No point

SIx Flags is really pushing membership on everyone. Pass holders are eventually going to be forgotten it seems

13 hours ago, SFGadv123 said:

SIx Flags is really pushing membership on everyone. Pass holders are eventually going to be forgotten it seems

My heart hurts. I don't think its because I'm old. Not yet.

UPDATE

Great Adventure has changed the schedule slightly. Passholders can ride today. Changes in red.

Friday: Members only before noon, Members and passholders after noon

Saturday: Members only before noon, Members and passholders after noon

Sunday: Members only before noon, Members and passholders  after noon

Cyborg will be closed Monday. I'm not sure if there is any plan for Tuesday.

Wednesday: Ride opens to the public at 2pm.

"Members" means Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Elite.

Diamond and Diamond Elite members can use the flash pass entrance after noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Non-passholders can buy the Cyborg t-shirt for access to the ride from noon to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday.

I rode Cyborg today and it was just okay. Nothing terrible about it, but there was just no intensity to it. It felt pretty slow on the ride. The restraints were comfortable and there were points where I did get some good hangtime which was fun but otherwise nothing to rave about. I think twister is better.

Six Flags Great Adventure to Debut First-of-its-Kind Thrill Ride Tomorrow

DC Super Hero CYBORG Themed Ride Takes Riders for the Ultimate Spin in 2018

JACKSON, N.J. — June 12, 2018  Six Flags Great Adventure, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, today announced that the world’s first thrill ride themed to the DC Super Hero CYBORG will preview to media and influencers on June 13 at 11 a.m. and celebrate its highly-anticipated grand opening to the public at 2 p.m. Inspired by the movement of a gyroscope, CYBORG Cyber Spin will deliver an unrelenting and intense anti-gravity experience as it whirls guests on three axes high above the ground.

“Six Flags Great Adventure is thrilled to launch its newest innovation, an unparalleled, hi-tech ride unlike anything our guests have ever seen or experienced,” said Park President, John Winkler. “CYBORG Cyber Spin is the first-of-its-kind in the world, and the perfect addition to our renowned collection of record-breaking attractions. Our new Metropolis section is now home to the most futuristic, jaw-dropping thrill ride in the park.”

Themed to Super Hero CYBORG of the JUSTICE LEAGUE, CYBORG Cyber Spin features a unique, revolutionary triple box design. It allows the gondola to spin around three separate axes while rotating forward, backwards and sideways simultaneously at up to 70 feet in the air for intense and continuous movement. Seated 24 across with over-the-shoulder harnesses, riders will experience a thrilling combination of negative and positive gravitational forces. By night, this bold, new attraction promises to light up the New Jersey skies beckoning thrill seekers from near and far.

CYBORG Cyber Spin highlights include:

·         Unpredictable flips and pivots at heights up to seven stories (70 feet) above the ground;

·         Floorless seats that leave riders’ feet dangling as they whirl through the air;

·         Dazzling nighttime light display; and

·         Located in Metropolis adjacent to JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis.

For more information about CYBORG Cyber Spin, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/cyborg

Six Flags Great Adventure 2018 Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members can now enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with $1.4 billion in revenue and 25 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 57 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to New for 2018-- Cyborg Spin - Grand Opening June 13th
On 6/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

That will give them time to fix all the damage done to the queue.  It is hard for us to have nice things.

Yes it is a shame that Great Adventure Guests cant behave themselves. But then take a look at your target group....

I finally got to see this and it is amazing to see in person, although I thought it was kind of a short ride and slow. A couple of people that got off were complaining about how it wasn't anything spectacular and how they only flipped once. However, the next one I watched it flipped 6 times with a few of them being at what looked like a pretty good speed. I thought that was decent.

I went yesterday to ride it for the first time but it was closed from when I got there to ride it to closing.  The ironic thing was that it started to test right after the park had closed.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:20 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I wonder if the beam opposite the seats on the inner most ring is solid or filled with something to counterbalance the weight of the riders.  

After looking at the videos I think the answer to my question is NO.  That is probably why there are more upside flips when the seats are partially empty (less weight) than when it is fully loaded.  `

2 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

After looking at the videos I think the answer to my question is NO.  That is probably why there are more upside flips when the seats are partially empty (less weight) than when it is fully loaded.  `

Not sure if it's solid/filled or empty, but the top half of that inner ring is subtly larger than the bottom half with the seats. As in, if you were to detach the seats, the top would be bulkier and heavier. That's gotta be just a tiny amount of difference, though. I'm sure with the seats, they'd want the seat side to be heavier so that the gondola would rest right-side-up in a failure.

Yes,  I also saw that they were working on it today. When I went by they were tightening bolts and checking alignments.  I just assumed that it was general maintenance after running it for a certain period of time to ensure structural integrity.  Since I have not yet experienced the attraction, I pondered why they did not do the general maintenance between 10:30 PM and 10:30 AM when the park was closed. However, after seeing the photos you posted, I guess cyborg was out of commission waiting for a new motor.

On a different note, I was a little disappointed that go fresh was not open today, as they have several new salads. Accordingly, it was a day of unhealthy carnival food for me.

I also had a 35 minute wait picking up my flash pass again this morning. Still not real happy about that. 

Edited by rj1972

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actor Ray Fisher Visits Character's Namesake Ride At Six Flags Great Adventure

JACKSON, N.J. — October 1, 2018 — Actor and New Jersey native, Ray Fisher, known for his portrayal of Cyborg/ Victor Stone in Warner Bros. Pictures Justice League, joined friends and family at Six Flags Great Adventure to experience Cyborg Cyber Spin – the triple axis, gyroscope-inspired thrill ride that ranks as the world’s first ride to bear the Cyborg name. Cyborg Cyber Spin debuted to rave reviews earlier this summer.

large.Ray_Fisher_at_Cyborg_Cyber_Spin.jp

Source:  Six Flags Great Adventure

• 29yrswithaGApass changed the title to New for 2018 - Cyborg Spin
  • 1 month later...

Rode it September 29th! It was amazing! Had my eyes closed though. Experienced no hangtime! Felt like how I feel when I think about Cyborg! (haha) Since that last post of mine I've developed a HUGE crush on Cyborg and have become an all-DC fan.

"Rassing frassing Titan! CRUUUUUD!"

20180929_112452_1538238958161.jpg