VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

did you think movietown gets retheme to dc universe because all of the contruction and there is a fact that 4 rides themed to dc?

if does happened, i wanted to retheme superman to x flight, green lantern to riptide, and bizzaro to villain or unforgiven or back to medusa

17 hours ago, Nitro1118 said:

With how SF spends money, anything bigger than a T-Rex is highly unlikely. Even a T-Rex of any substantial length seems like a stretch unless RMC gives them a big discount for purchasing the prototype of that model.

Well with MM rumored to get a Mack Dueler next year, either that's wrong or SF is biased chain. Most likely the latter.

13 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

One of comments saying there's a lot of big rumors about RMC T-Rex is coming to the new area near between El Toro and Kingda Ka. Come on, the park president said they are working on the ride over a year now, I think it's RMC T-Rex for 2019 or 2020. I can't think about it guys....this is going to be tough one on SFGadv next year or 2020....

reid_anderson.jpg

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

did you think movietown gets retheme to dc universe because all of the contruction and there is a fact that 4 rides themed to dc?

if does happened, i wanted to retheme superman to x flight, green lantern to riptide, and bizzaro to villain or unforgiven or back to medusa

Superman to X-Flight-works with the Air Force theme the area had

Bizzaro back to Medusa-seems ligit

As for Green Lantern, Jersey Scorcher (because of Georgia Scorcher)?

4 hours ago, harry2004 said:

I have a feeling that will not be happening, as the two Batman rides are great compliments to the DC theming at Six Flags Great Adventure. If anything, I could see them expanding Metropolis into Movietown, which would undoubtedly be an excellent fit. Then again, Movietown is beautiful as it is. As much as DC is cookie cutter theming for rides, it seems to be the future of Six Flags theming. I do agree with you on retheming Bizarro to Medusa; Bizarro is very out of place back there.

4 hours ago, Tower said:

Well with MM rumored to get a Mack Dueler next year, either that's wrong or SF is biased chain. Most likely the latter.

I think the TREX is only unlikely because we have seen no progression in development. They made a raptor prototype at the plant before opening the new ones this year, and I feel like we would see the same out of a new TREX. I think we would also see a legitimate teasing campaign if we were to receive a new coaster next year.

4 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Besides Giant Discovery rumors, I watched Coaster Studios's latest video, Six Flags 2019 predictions today Taylor predicting they are getting a Giant Discovery, this rumor might NOT confirmed. One of comments saying there's a lot of big rumors about RMC T-Rex is coming to the new area near between El Toro and Kingda Ka. Come on, the park president said they are working on the ride over a year now, I think it's RMC T-Rex for 2019 or 2020. I can't think about it guys....this is going to be tough one on SFGadv next year or 2020....

The area in between El Toro and Kingda Ka remains empty with no signs of construction at all. A TREX would also be a risky fit due to the maintenance road that takes up a good portion of that land, which would have been relocated by now if a new coaster were on its way. From El Diablos exit, I could only spot a few red construction flags for electrical, but much more work would be underway for a TREX opening next year. Depending on how next year rolls out, 2020-2021 would be an excellent year for a new roller coaster. I think a coaster or not, next years addition will be in or around Metropolis / Movietown area.

3 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Superman to X-Flight-works with the Air Force theme the area had

Bizzaro back to Medusa-seems ligit

As for Green Lantern, Jersey Scorcher (because of Georgia Scorcher)?

Superman could use a repaint as well, but retheming that area would require a lot of work, especially with how cheap  Six Flags can be. Unfortunately, because a lot of the Air Force themed rides left, so did the theming. With DC being the prominent theming at a lot of Six Flags parks, I don't think we will see anything otherwise until they decide to end that license. Bizarro back to Medusa would be a fantastic conversion as Medusa fits that area better than Bizarro, although I do like the name Bizarro. Superman The Ride at Six Flags New England was rethemed seven years after Bizarro took over. Next year marks ten since Bizarro took over Medusa, could we see Medusa make a return?

I've always liked the name "Jersey Giant" for a roller coaster. I have a feeling Green Lantern will be either scrapped or relocated before we see any improvements done to it. However, B&M has been working on a second generation stand up coaster, so maybe the second generation stand-up coaster trains are in Green Lanterns future...

55 minutes ago, Tower said:

At this point the Mack thing is still just a rumor. There are talks it could be an S&S, which is way cheaper. It is also rumored the SFMM/SFGAm additions will be clones, which further lowers the price. Lastly, we do not know the size of these additions. Even if it's a Mack launched coaster(s), it doesn't mean we are talking about a ride on the scale of Helix or Time Traveler. 

A T-Rex the size and scale of the prototype video at IAPPA would really be pushing SF's budget, especially considering they acquired multiple new parks. Not saying it isn't possible, as it is certainly more realistic than something like a giga, but I would still bet against it for now until I see more evidence pointing towards it.

13 minutes ago, Nitro1118 said:

At this point the Mack thing is still just a rumor. There are talks it could be an S&S, which is way cheaper. It is also rumored the SFMM/SFGAm additions will be clones, which further lowers the price. Lastly, we do not know the size of these additions. Even if it's a Mack launched coaster(s), it doesn't mean we are talking about a ride on the scale of Helix or Time Traveler. 

A T-Rex the size and scale of the prototype video at IAPPA would really be pushing SF's budget, especially considering they acquired multiple new parks. Not saying it isn't possible, as it is certainly more realistic than something like a giga, but I would still bet against it for now until I see more evidence pointing towards it.

A Mack is probably not coming to SFMM, as the man in the documentary meant to say, Carolina, which will be receiving the Mack Mega next year. It is safe to say we will see a racing/dueling coaster, as teasers point to the name West Coaster Racer. With Great America's most recent teaser posted today, it indicates that the Maxx Force name filed by Six Flags earlier this year will be in use at the park next season.

I very well think that SFMM will be receiving a cheap racing coaster from either Vekoma or S&S, and Great America will get an S&S looper similar to Steel Curtain at Kennywood. These will probably be the only significant coasters opening next year unless another park receives an RMC Raptor or another large thrill coaster.

Edited by Ben C

but the reason why i want to retheme movietown to dc universe because its looks like metropolis or gotham city after the removing of stuntman freefall and movietown water effect and they change the casablanca bathrooms to metropolis water works bathrooms, and besides six flags magic mountain got rid of movietown like area for metropolis, so that why i wonder they do the same with movietown in great adventure

Edited by harry2004

17 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

but the reason why i want to retheme movietown to dc universe because its looks like metropolis or gotham city after the removing of stuntman freefall and movietown water effect and they change the casablanca bathrooms to metropolis water works bathrooms, and besides six flags magic mountain got rid of movietown like area for metropolis, so that why i wonder they do the same with movietown in great adventure

I could see that being done, however, there isn't much preparation. It is still likely, though.

I'm wondering about a rename of Movietown myself. When we were there on Sunday,  the arch was still missing the Movietown logo. I could totally see the Movietown side being named Gotham City, and the Old Country being officially named Metropolis. 

2 minutes ago, hollyferry said:

I'm wondering about a rename of Movietown myself. When we were there on Sunday,  the arch was still missing the Movietown logo. I could totally see the Movietown side being named Gotham City, and the Old Country being officially named Metropolis. 

You know, that's a really good idea! Now that I come to realize we don't have a Gotham, so that would be very cool! They should consider renaming Green Lantern area too as it is technically apart of the boardwalk. That would be a nice Movietown, as both Green Lantern and Superman have their own movies now.

i say retheme part of boardwalk into a studio backlot, something like movietown but better

add a willy wonka dark ride in the right stuff building and move slingshot to great lake grandstand lot, demolished the go karts and use the unused bus turn around area for a animaniacs dark ride uses gremlins invasion style ride and add a warner bros studio store in part of the go kart track behind the right stuff building. remove twister and add a mack rides power splash called: warner bros water effect. use the looping starship lot for a zamperla drop tower called stuntmans freefall.

demolished the offices and rockwall for a stunt arena like the size of cedar points stunt arena. retheme superman to right stuff and green lantern to lethal weapon.

retheme superheros snacks into backlot commissary and change the dippin dots building into a cartoon network checkboard themed dippin dots building, and turn the season pass tent into a gallery showcasing warner bros greatest hits

Edited by harry2004

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Besides Giant Discovery rumors, I watched Coaster Studios's latest video, Six Flags 2019 predictions today Taylor predicting they are getting a Giant Discovery, this rumor might NOT confirmed. One of comments saying there's a lot of big rumors about RMC T-Rex is coming to the new area near between El Toro and Kingda Ka. Come on, the park president said they are working on the ride over a year now, I think it's RMC T-Rex for 2019 or 2020. I can't think about it guys....this is going to be tough one on SFGadv next year or 2020....

Coaster Studios knows no more than we do. 

What would be very cool if they had one DC Universe area with 2 “sub-areas”.  The area by Batman, Dark Knight and the Studio Arcade could be Gotham City and where Justice League is you could make that area Metropolis.  If you could include things like maybe cardboard buildings or props from both cities in the comics I think this would really add to the areas theming.  

Cell Block 6 will be returning for Fright Fest 2018 in Freefall’s spot.  This would mean you couldn’t start even the basic construction until after Halloween.  Bloodshed won’t be returning to the park which sits on a lot of land in the Golden Kingdom.  Maybe that space could possibly house the 2019 addition.

1 hour ago, Mr.Six said:

Cell Block 6 will be returning for Fright Fest 2018 in Freefall’s spot.  This would mean you couldn’t start even the basic construction until after Halloween.  Bloodshed won’t be returning to the park which sits on a lot of land in the Golden Kingdom.  Maybe that space could possibly house the 2019 addition.

Cell Block 6 is listed as being in Golden Kingdom now.  It was already removed from the Freefall location.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/cell-block-6-new-2016

5 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

As we know, the rumors might be we are might not getting a Giant Discovery afterall. The new 2019 addition could be anything but no Giant Discovery.

My bet the RMC Raptor rumors might be true or not. There could be any 2019 addition will be surprise for us.

A raptor would be a horrible idea. We get crazy attendance, with an awful throughput as the Raptors have, you'd be looking at 2+ hour lines at least on busy days. Again, if we were to see a coaster next year, there would be more construction. Think about it, Magic Mountain and Great America, two parks that are extremely likely to get some form of coaster next year, already have land cleared and there are markers already on site. Even if a Raptor were coming, the land would be cleared, markers will have shown up, and we would have a clear understanding of where the ride is going. Six Flags Great Adventure has added nothing but LARGE throughput rides in the last decade.

Cyborg: large throughput

Justice League: large throughput

Joker: Good throughput

El Diablo: Pretty good throughput

Zumanjaro: large throughput

Sky Screamer: large throughput

The list goes on and on; a raptor coaster would disrupt the flow of guests throughout the rides. At best, you would be getting less than 500 riders per hour. If anything, a TREX is most likely for the park because it is a larger model. A giant discovery can fit up to 40 people in one cycle alone, equivalent five trains filled on an RMC Raptor. I think our next additions will go a little something like this:

2019: World's Tallest Zamperla Giant Discovery (DC theme, maybe WW or new character)

2020: Capsule Slide Complex (Dive Bomber) /Family Rides

2021-2023: More Thrilling Flats, perhaps a smaller family coaster

2024: 50th Anniversary, RMC TREX in the former spot of Green Lantern called Titan

I think a larger raptor (the TREX) is slated for the park in the future, but not next year. For me, there isn't enough evidence for me to hop on that boat.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

Cell Block 6 is listed as being in Golden Kingdom now.  It was already removed from the Freefall location.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/attractions/cell-block-6-new-2016

There it is guys! The future site of our 2019 thrill ride!

I think it would be cool to have a Giant Discovery themed to The Penguin. The theme would be very easy to do to. Have a queue line that looks like you are in a snowy tundra. Maybe even have one of those "snow machines" that just spray out little tiny bubbles that look like snow and blast the line with air conditioning. The colors could be white and blue or white and purple. Repave the area in front of the stadium and have the surrounding buildings look like they are in the snow that really sells the feeling of being in the cold.

3 hours ago, Ben C said:

2019: World's Tallest Zamperla Giant Discovery (DC theme, maybe WW or new character)

2020: Capsule Slide Complex (Dive Bomber) /Family Rides

2021-2023: More Thrilling Flats, perhaps a smaller family coaster

2024: 50th Anniversary, RMC TREX in the former spot of Green Lantern called Titan

There it is guys! The future site of our 2019 thrill ride!

I doubt we'll have to wait that long for a coaster. Six Flags doesn't care enough about anniversaries.

6 hours ago, Squidy2201 said:

I think it would be cool to have a Giant Discovery themed to The Penguin. The theme would be very easy to do to. Have a queue line that looks like you are in a snowy tundra. Maybe even have one of those "snow machines" that just spray out little tiny bubbles that look like snow and blast the line with air conditioning. The colors could be white and blue or white and purple. Repave the area in front of the stadium and have the surrounding buildings look like they are in the snow that really sells the feeling of being in the cold.

At that point, I would love to see them theme it to Mr. Freeze, that would be a cool Giant Discovery!

6 hours ago, Tower said:

I doubt we'll have to wait that long for a coaster. Six Flags doesn't care enough about anniversaries.

Yeah, maybe not. I just figured we'd added thrilling attractions a lot, then again Cyborg and Justice League are family rides so (Cyborg is so boring)...Either 2020 or 2021 would be a better fit.

3 hours ago, harry2004 said:

how about this one like in warner bros movie world spain:
hqdefault.jpg

its theme to mr freeze and it could fit in gotham city area

We already have one of those rides but it's on steroids (Sky Screamer) so adding it isn't necessary.