VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

In other news… the park was also said to be sending out some new ride name surveys that mentioned names for a possible “Swinging Ride” style attraction. Makes me wonder if the rumors of an east coast version of CraZanity coming to the park in 2019 are true.

Also it's Six Flags Great Adventure's 45th anniversary next year, does mean we will get two new rides: Giant Discovery and RMC Raptor?

YES! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!

27 minutes ago, Medusa42 said:

Yes, here are the top six:

The Steel Curtain, Soaring with Dragon, Flash, GateKeeper, Flying Aces, Full Throttle.

No i meant that they were sending them out asking for names for rides that would have the tallest inversion and also the fastest inversion

37 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Could tallest inversion means larger version of RMC Raptor, Giant Discovery, or maybe RMC T-Rex?

Is RMC T-Rex is probably tallest inversion too?

Those surveys are generic and not for use exclusively at Great Adventure.  It also doesn't mean what they are inquiring about will happen.

Just now, Six Flags FUN! said:

So we are getting RMC Raptor for SFGadv in 2019 instead? 

An RMC Raptor would be the worst thing Six Flags could do. I feel they need the Crazanity Clone more than a coaster.

I think Six Flags canceled all future Skywarp installments after the issues with Harelyquinn at Discovery Kingdom.

I think most people think the Raptors are like Boomarang's or SLC's, there's not a lot of differences other than height (Railblazer is shorter than Wonder Woman) and layout (some SLC's have an extra Helix), or restraint (Prater's Boomarang only has a lap bar).

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

So we are getting RMC Raptor for SFGadv in 2019 instead? 

It has never been confirmed or any signs of the construction of a raptor have started. a raptor for 2019 is very unlikely and is not really needed. A Giant Discovery is way more likely. But still not confirmed.

Given the new utility markings next to the old Stunt Show stadium and the lack of any land clearing for an attraction, a roller coaster is very unlikely unless they want to be months behind construction. They didn't tear down the Auto Bahn for Cyborg until after the 2017 season. Chances are if the land with the utility markings is used for anything, it will be cleared after the season.

here is my two ideas of using the stuntman freefall site for based on speculation

one they could used the freefall site for a giant discovery, themed to wonder woman, two face, or bizzaro

two they could used the freefall site for 2 flat rides

one is a zamperla hawk called bizzaro and the other one is a zamperla enterprise called the flash

It pretty much seems that it won't be a coaster. But we also dont have to automatically assume it would be a Giant Discovery either. Granted, Great Adventure is one of the Six Flags parks that doesn't have one but its not the only option for a flat ride that would fit the collection nicely. Shot in the dark but Six Flags has worked with S&S for many years and it seems they will for the foreseeable future. I could see them installing an S&S Screamin' Swing. One would fit nicely between Metropolis grill and the stadium, they cant be that expensive, really fun. And who knows, if Six Flags ever pursues the Two Face theme, most Screamin' swings have two swings. That would allow for some theme to be applied to it. The six flags survey was asking questions about the tallest inversion, who knows, maybe S&S have been working on a model that brings riders more vertical than current ones. That would certainly be a cool addition. 

On 8/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, Squidy2201 said:

It has never been confirmed or any signs of the construction of a raptor have started. a raptor for 2019 is very unlikely and is not really needed. A Giant Discovery is way more likely. But still not confirmed.

Giant Discovery theme - Wonder Woman.....  

On 8/11/2018 at 11:50 AM, Six Flags FUN! said:

I'm so scared guys, we don't know about rumors we getting Giant Discovery, RMC Raptor or Skywarp. Most rumors about RMC Raptor being at SFGadv in 2019 might be true or not. Giant Discovery aka Craznity clone rumor might be not true because SFNE already has Giant Discovery already so SFGadv was too little far away from SFNE. So RMC Raptor might be option for the park because the crates might already here for supports for the coaster in next year...All the rumors including Giant Discovery and Skywarp might be not true at all. RMC Raptor rumor might be true. Not Giant Discovery and Skywarp. Now Harry and other members of forums, as the rumors are getting true or not true. Think about it, and how the rumors may be true or not, I would love RMC Raptor coming to the park in 2019 than Giant Discovery and Skywarp. If RMC T-Rex is happening in next year at SFGadv, is RMC T-Rex is finally in production in next year for SFGadv? I'm scared about Giant Discovery at SFGadv next year I don't want a Giant Discovery yet because we just got a flat ride called Cyborg Cyber Spin. We need a new coaster next year like RMC T-Rex/Raptor. Is that true we might or not getting a Giant Discovery at SFGadv next year if Giant Discovery is happening or not I will have a heart attack or not, please I really want RMC Raptor/T-Rex next year....Remember last June during Cyborg Cyber Spin opening our park president said they are opening the addition for a year, probably for RMC T-Rex/Raptor or Giant Discovery. I gotta guess RMC Raptor or T-Rex.

I honestly don’t know when you’re going to come to the conclusion that an RMC Raptor just isn’t happening. For the past year now you’ve been shunning EVERY rumor that isn’t an RMC. There is a 99.9% chance that the park gets a Giant Discovery and the evidence for that is in this very thread right here. Just read closely. Also, I had the opportunity to try out Magic Mountain’s Giant Discovery and it was awesome! I’d be so thrilled to have one as it would be a ride I’d come on every single trip and it would look amazing in the skyline at Great Adventure. It would easily be the best flat at the park. An RMC Raptor is not happening, maybe in 2020, but it’s still way to early to speculate. Just trying to give you a little heads up that you’ve been saying the same post over and over and over again for over a year now and that the park isn’t always gonna add a coaster every single year. 

• Like 1

This is one of the first years that I’m extremely torn over any predictions for the next attraction. While my gut is saying it will be a flat ride, a coaster isn’t entirely out of the question. Going back to Cyborg Media Day, I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that next year’s addition could be some sort of record breaker if it’s taken over a year of planning.

but if they get a rmc raptor or rmc trex

they could put it in golden kingdom in where rolling thunder used to be, and maybe they move the safari enterance from frontier adventures to the half of rolling thunder lot, and they could put a flat ride in where the current turn around for safari is and rebuild the wagon next to it