VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

With Magic Mountain and Great America teasing huge additions for 2019, I'd assume that our chances of something even remotely close to a T-Rex are incredibly slim.

I've heard rumors from several Discord Servers that Six Flags had cancelled all future Skywarps, however no evidence was shown to back it up, so take this with a grain of salt. The supposed reason for it was because of how much of an atrocity Harley Quinn at SFDK has become. If anyone has any more information regarding this, please feel free to share it, as it'll help make future predictions A LOT easier. If this ends up being false and we do get a Skywarp, as much as I don't want to see one, I would predict it going in the same area as Cyborg and Justice League, it would complete the area for the time being.

Something I would much rather see than a Skywarp that doesn't include coasters would be a Zamperla Giant Discovery. We need one of these badly, and I would rather have it installed before a coaster even. We have a pretty decent thrill ride lineup thanks to the past decade, and something like it would help top it all off in a very well rounded way, unlike a Skywarp. Seeing a record breaking one would be even better, and it's totally possible for it to happen as we stole the drop ride world record from Magic Mountain immediately after Lex Luther's debut just a few years ago. 

As for where it could go, I could see anything in this region pictured here as fair game, it'd be really cool to see it compliment Ka and Zumanjaro the same way El Diablo compliments El Toro. If it does end up being a record breaker, then The Golden Kingdom will be one of the only park sections in the world with exclusively record breaking rides. 

b4215283a7ad18631e82e2a1538685f7.png

Besides that, I don't really have an opinion on anything else. I think that we should be blacklisted from any kind of Skywarp since we already have it's "1/2'd" counterpart (El Diablo), we should get a Giant Discovery instead, and have our major coaster addition become a reality in 2020. I'm predicting it to be something huge and record breaking, even beyond a Raptor or T-Rex. Only time will tell at this point.

Edited by Tower

On 7/28/2018 at 6:27 PM, Six Flags FUN! said:

Probably we are might getting something big in next year like RMC Raptor or Skywarp, my guess is RMC Raptor for 2019.

We're probably not getting a coaster for 2019. I have a big feeling that something huge will arrive in 2020 instead. If a coaster such as a Raptor or T-Rex was in fact coming next year, construction would've definitely started by now. They started construction for The Joker back in July 2015, and even that isn't as big of a project, so my thoughts at this point are either a Skywarp or Giant Discovery, hopefully the latter.

Also, did Screamscape delete their 7/27 GADV update? Can't seem to find it on the site anymore.

Edited by Tower

36 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

One of Amusement Insider videos on Youtube on weeks ago about rumors saying they might do construction on RMC Raptor by end of July or early August I guess...

Amusement Insiders kind of falls more to the fanboy "what we want to see" side rather than the "what is most realistic" side. If Coaster Studios or any other credible channel predicts this with actual evidence to support it, then I'll believe it.

I would rather see a discovery then a skywarp. The discovery is much more reliable and would definitely complement our ride lineup better.  As far as metropolis goes, I would really love to see maybe a few smaller flats added like a tilt a whirl, wave swinger or even a disko. It would be awesome if they did something similar to 2012. However I honestly expect just one thrill ride. Maybe some shows would be awesome.

I’ll have to be on the lookout for these crates during my visit tomorrow. Maybe the end of the Stunt Arena with these paint markings? Dead Man’s Party could easily be moved to the Northern Star Arena should construction start near the old Freefall footprint.

my guess its for a rmc trex or raptor theme to something like: the riddler or wonder woman or its a launch coaster maybe superman so they could retheme the other superman to fit with the boardwalk area

Edited by harry2004

Finally, some tangible evidence of the 2019 addition. No clue what it could be, but I'm guessing some sort of flat (Giant Discovery?)

When is the announcement date? I've been so out of the loop with the park this year.

It could also be new set pieces for Fright Fest (they've been investing in new props).

I would guess any "new" attraction stuff will come later. They've been waiting on construction until after the first of the year on most new projects at Six Flags (hence all the late openings)

35 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

It could also be new set pieces for Fright Fest (they've been investing in new props).

I would guess any "new" attraction stuff will come later. They've been waiting on construction until after the first of the year on most new projects at Six Flags (hence all the late openings)

This is all very true. To play devil's advocate, however, JL building pieces were spotted by Nitro around June/early July 2016.

I haven't found any records related to a new ride being imported yet.

https://www.usaimportdata.com/usa-import-importer-six_flags_great_adventure.aspx

https://www.usaimportdata.com/usa-import-exporter-antonio_zamperla_spa.aspx

I am expecting a large shipment from Zamperla early next year that looks like this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/charleskendall/sets/72157667427844588

Edited by Medusa42
  • Like 1

i look and its have its light blue paint like crazanity at six flags magic mountain

and my guess they going to put it in the boardwalk maybe where twister is or go where the right stuff building used to be

11 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

This could might be RMC Raptor/T-Rex, Skywarp or Giant Discovery? My bet one of the crates is RMC Raptor's parts?

With the Skywarp and Raptor/T-Rex additions being made from the same track, it's impossible to tell. I hope it's a Giant Discovery.