VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

Whatever Great Adventure gets is going where Freefall used to be. We were in the park last Friday and the surveyor was taking elevation shots in that area and he told us that is where the new ride was going. Its a pretty decent sized area around 4 acres. I would put my money on a Giant Discovery, it would be a good fit and would look good swinging out over that whole paved area. Second maybe a Skywarp  or even an S&S Screamin' Swing. Third by a long shot would be a coaster, either a Raptor or Chance (since track was spotted heading this way, but probably going to the port for shipping). 

On another note: It would be nice if Six Flags played the national anthem each morning to open the park like the Cedar Fair parks do, just sayin'.....

20 minutes ago, coliwood_studios said:

Whatever Great Adventure gets is going where Freefall used to be. We were in the park last Friday and the surveyor was taking elevation shots in that area and he told us that is where the new ride was going. Its a pretty decent sized area around 4 acres. I would put my money on a Giant Discovery, it would be a good fit and would look good swinging out over that whole paved area. Second maybe a Skywarp  or even an S&S Screamin' Swing. Third by a long shot would be a coaster, either a Raptor or Chance (since track was spotted heading this way, but probably going to the port for shipping). 

On another note: It would be nice if Six Flags played the national anthem each morning to open the park like the Cedar Fair parks do, just sayin'.....

We're probably going to get a coaster this year, most likely a Raptor. Some rumors about the Chance Morgan track is that it's going to Rye Playland but it's not confirmed.

Also I agree that Six Flags should play the National Anthem at opening. Only went to the park at opening once which was for a class trip and they do nothing during opening. All they do is open the gates and let you go to where you want.

According to my calculations, which may be wrong but I did double check. Given the dimensions for a regular Giant Discovery 40 on Zamperla's website, a regular Giant Discovery takes up 10,004 square feet. Which is about .229 of an acre. I don't know if Zamperla included the queue line or any other pathways within the dimensions. Or even the furthest point at which the pendulum will swing to the side. But my point is, If it is a Giant Discovery, it must be a huge one to take up 4 acres.

I could not find the dimensions of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster or Railblazer so I went to Google Earth and VERY roughly measured out the area for Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas, and it came to about 5 acres. Plus there is too much land clearing to be done in too little time to put a Raptor Track coaster there.

I also roughly measured out the S&S Screamin' Swing, Thunder n' Lightning, at Lake Compounce, and it came out to just barely above half an acre.

I lastly VERY roughly measured the spot for which Harley Quinn at Discovery Kingdom sits on, and the land area came out to about 14,926 square feet. Or about .342 acres.

So, it is either going to be a very big addition, but smaller than a Raptor, or the addition could be a new area. I do fully doubt it would be a smaller Raptor. All given if 4 acres is accurate. I can say that I am stumped at what it could be now. I was sold on Giant Discovery. Unless it is a Giant Discovery with a few other rides or a new area. Either way, we just have to look out for shipments or just wait till the announcement. 

Edited by Squidy2201

1 hour ago, Squidy2201 said:

According to my calculations, which may be wrong but I did double check. Given the dimensions for a regular Giant Discovery 40 on Zamperla's website, a regular Giant Discovery takes up 10,004 square feet. Which is about .229 of an acre. I don't know if Zamperla included the queue line or any other pathways within the dimensions. Or even the furthest point at which the pendulum will swing to the side. But my point is, If it is a Giant Discovery, it must be a huge one to take up 4 acres.

I could not find the dimensions of Wonder Woman Golden Lasso coaster or Railblazer so I went to Google Earth and VERY roughly measured out the area for Wonder Woman at Fiesta Texas, and it came to about 5 acres. Plus there is too much land clearing to be done in too little time to put a Raptor Track coaster there.

I also roughly measured out the S&S Screamin' Swing, Thunder n' Lightning, at Lake Compounce, and it came out to just barely above half an acre.

I lastly VERY roughly measured the spot for which Harley Quinn at Discovery Kingdom sits on, and the land area came out to about 14,926 square feet. Or about .342 acres.

So, it is either going to be a very big addition, but smaller than a Raptor, or the addition could be a new area. I do fully doubt it would be a smaller Raptor. All given if 4 acres is accurate. I can say that I am stumped at what it could be now. I was sold on Giant Discovery. Unless it is a Giant Discovery with a few other rides or a new area. Either way, we just have to look out for shipments or just wait till the announcement. 

The plot of land a RMC Raptor takes up is roughly the size of a Vekoma Boomerang. It wouldn't take long to clear land of that size, and the actual installation of a Raptor is very, very quick.

With that said, I still would put my money on another flat or Skywarp. It looks like SFMM and SFGAm are the leading candidates for new coasters, and SF hasn't been adding much more than that the past few years. I hope I am wrong as the only coasters we've added the last 9 years have been a relocated standup and 4D clone, while removing GASM and RT in the process. We are due for a new, quality coaster.

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

If SFGAm gets S&S coaster and SFMM is getting a new coaster, my bet is SFGadv might getting a coaster (aka RMC Raptor/T-Rex) too!

Dude, why are you so obsessed with the idea that we’re getting a coaster?

I’ve been lurking in this thread for a long time, and literally every single one of your posts here is just calling for a coaster, even though we’ve had literally no credible rumors or support of that claim. 

• Like 2

We have had the new for 2019 Raptor/T-Rex/roller coaster discussion before in this thread. It seems that a little more than half or even more do not think a roller coaster is coming. Me included. There is nothing new to be said unless something major changes at the park or the US Import Data shows a ride company importing to the park. Time to move on.

Im definitely leaning on the side of an actual new type attraction for next year. If you pay attention to a regular Giant Discovery, you can see the supports shaking. Normal for a ride like that but I was standing at a distance and still noticed. It makes me question if a Discovery can be scaled any higher than CraZanity. But I wouldn't be surprised if their version of big is an attraction the size of a Skywarp

41 minutes ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

We have some of the biggest coasters at GA so it would really take a substantial roller coaster to be as truly impressive as to fit the description below.  On the other hand, we don't have many exceptionally sized flat rides.

2019.jpg

Another “hint” that it’s a flat ride. Still thinking that it’s just a “really big” giant discovery. But honestly it could be anything, we haven’t had much teasers to what it could be at all. Anyway, I tend to take these emails with a grain of salt ever since Six Flags literally trolled everyone by calling Cyborg a world’s first literally because it’s the world’s first Cyborg themed attraction. 

They over hype and market each new attraction. Look at El Diablo. You would have thought that this was some new amazing world record setting coaster when they made the announcement. It turned out to be a low budget attraction, and nothing more.

With SIX, it’s all about quantity of attractions—not quality of attractions. 

I haven’t been to GA since June, given my frustration with the line at the Flash Pass headquarters. We will likely visit next week, but only time will tell what they install next year. Meanwhile my SIX stock is not exactly setting the world on fire.

22 hours ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

We have some of the biggest coasters at GA so it would really take a substantial roller coaster to be as truly impressive as to fit the description below.  On the other hand, we don't have many exceptionally sized flat rides.

2019.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this description was incredibly inaccurate, as SF ended up calling Joker "the most intense attraction in park history" just months leading up to its opening.

Here is my final say on the coaster rumors. It's not happening in 2019. If it was, we would've seen plenty of evidence supporting it already, whether it'd be construction or teasers. If we don't know anything by now, it can safely inferred that the chances of a coaster are incredibly slim. I predict that a big coaster will come to the park in 2020 instead. Predicting something most likely bigger than a Raptor or even a T-Rex.

12 minutes ago, Tower said:

Here is my final say on the coaster rumors. It's not happening in 2019. If it was, we would've seen plenty of evidence supporting it already, whether it'd be construction or teasers. If we don't know anything by now, it can safely inferred that the chances of a coaster are incredibly slim. I predict that a big coaster will come to the park in 2020 instead. Predicting something most likely bigger than a Raptor or even a T-Rex.

With how SF spends money, anything bigger than a T-Rex is highly unlikely. Even a T-Rex of any substantial length seems like a stretch unless RMC gives them a big discount for purchasing the prototype of that model.

Edited by Nitro1118

Everybody is here is in the same boat. Nobody knows for sure what the addition is. Unless there is a construction worker in the thread that may know but nobody has claimed that. So nobody in this thread can answer that question.

Plus a Giant Discovery would be a great. They are fun, thrilling and fast. I would be super happy with one.

Edited by Squidy2201
  • Like 1

I was at the park this weekend to check out construction. Some very intriguing signs of development in the former Stuntman's Free Fall location. Along with this crane being spotted today, I myself spotted a construction trailer adjacent to Justice League in the former site of the Musik Express, that seems it will be moving as no development has started over there. Moreover, there are several yellow and red flags on the small hill next to the Metropolis Narrows Bridge. The red flags are for new electric power lines, cables, conduit and lighting cables, while the yellow flags are natural gas lines it seems. Not a construction expert but, this is what is most likely. There are also yellow marks on the path near the west entrance that indicate a possible fenceline once construction starts. In addition, there are smaller blue markings above the yellow markings that read "ml" or "m1."  The current Stuntman's area is being used as an employee break/storage area. 

For those curious, it appears the Batman Stunt Show Arena will probably not be removed, as no indicators of demolition have been spotted. The arena is still in good working condition and looks to be intact, with no signs of it leaving anytime soon. However, it is still possible it could be suddenly removed without warning. It is also unlikely because the yellow fence-line markings only stretch from the employee gate at The Chiller exit to the entrance to the end of the black fence on the hillside. If the arena were to be removed, those yellow markings would most likely surround the stunt show location as well, to which they currently do not.

Because this area merges Movietown and Metropolis, it is pretty safe to say we will be seeing a DC character themed ride next year. If the stunt show arena is removed, this could serve as a plaza for the new ride. At this location, it is pretty unlikely that it will be a generic name, however, don't rule it out just yet. A non-DC themed ride would still fit very well over in this corner of the park. 

As we get closer to August 30, this site looks the most promising as the most construction has been done in this location. That pretty much eliminates the Golden Kingdom and the empty plot next to Justice League. 

(Edit) I forgot to mention that this same crane was over next to Justice League on Saturday and was moved to the new location this week.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.40ef2383e6ae3d710c56505be347c468.jpg

Edited by Ben C

As most in the forum agree, I will also hop on the Zamperla Giant Discovery boat. Six Flags has quoted multiple times of a "thrilling super-sized attraction" opening next year. I  think we will see the world's tallest at 180-200 feet tall. They have also claimed it will be "bigger than any other news you've heard this year" however other parks have said the same statement, including Six Flags Magic Mountain.

BREAKING: via American Coaster Enthusiasts - New Jersey Region

Biggest Announcement. Biggest Sale of the Year on August 30

Mark your calendar -- Thursday, August 30 is going to be the biggest, most important day of the year! That is when Six Flags Great Adventure is going to announce an incredible, UNBELIEVABLE new attraction for the 2019 season. 

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Remember, guys this is a guessing game. We don't know we will get Giant Discovery yet. It's NOT confirmed. Whatever what new ride is...a coaster or a flat ride so take a guess guys and teasing will come in weeks.

I genuinely think you believe that you can somehow will an RMC into existence. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Remember, guys this is a guessing game. We don't know we will get Giant Discovery yet. It's NOT confirmed. Whatever what new ride is...a coaster or a flat ride so take a guess guys and teasing will come in weeks.

We would have seen more construction if a new coaster were on its way. I think a coaster is almost out of the question at this point and a sizeable thrilling flat seems most likely.

I think we would have also seen a teasing campaign. The only statements have been released from park media, while other parks such as Magic Mountain and Great America have entered themselves into a teasing campaign with posters and videos.

It is likely that this crane on site is only to move whatever is in that space out for land prep to begin. More massive cranes will arrive to lift real ride pieces and parts once it is announced. From what I have seen there are a significant amount of shipping containers back there, which need to be moved to clear the land.