VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

Despite the Giant Discovery fitting, I've figured out that an RMC Raptor would also fit perfectly. It is really the perfect spot for a flat ride and/or tight coaster such as the raptor.

Honestly all I'm going to do now is wait and see. I'm happy either way if it's a Raptor or Giant Discovery, they're both great rides, but the Raptor would be the better option based off general public's view. Here's what I found:

a03u42o.png

Here is also the corrected version for a Giant Discovery in that same spot:

PNNs1gy.png

Additionally, (I'm too lazy to get a screenshot of it) the Raptor fits perfectly at the lakefront.

Edited by Fgcassady
  • Like 2

^Finally, someone who understands how to do things at the correct scale.  I believe the Giant Discovery has a footprint of 82 ft. x 122 ft. and we don't have any specs for the Giga Discovery at Magic Mountain.  It does look like there is room for a bigger version of the ride though.  The Raptor doesn't fit the clue from the newsletter about a supersized attraction.

• Haha 1

There is a possibility of it being supersized if we push it closer to that cluster of trees giving it a bit more room, and that would leave room for the queue to wrap around under the coater into the station.

1 hour ago, Medusa42 said:

^Finally, someone who understands how to do things at the correct scale.  I believe the Giant Discovery has a footprint of 82 ft. x 122 ft. and we don't have any specs for the Giga Discovery at Magic Mountain.  It does look like there is room for a bigger version of the ride though.  The Raptor doesn't fit the clue from the newsletter about a supersized attraction.

I wouldn't put any stock in the "teasers" the park has given so far. Everything they've said has either been copy and pasted from teasers other parks have given or they are so vague that they could mean literally anything.

Thanks to the poster who showed a Raptor and Giant Discovery in that location. I feel like both are definitely viable and make sense for that plot of land. Either attraction would definitely bring together that entire area. I do hope they eventually decide to either utilize (as a show/attraction) or demolish the Batman arena. As it stands right now it is a pointless eyesore that is on very prime real estate.

13 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Alright, where is the real crates is coming in end of the month or three months? If the real crates are from RMC, I'll be so much happy if RMC Raptor rumor is true.

Man, you really want that Raptor. I don't blame you. Though, if you get that, you might as well hang up possibly getting a TRex in the next few years. 

8 hours ago, Highridin said:

Man, you really want that Raptor. I don't blame you. Though, if you get that, you might as well hang up possibly getting a TRex in the next few years. 

This exactly. I’d much rather wait for RMC to develop the T-Rex further and hold off on a Raptor. The T-Rex is a much better fit for our park because of its capacity. 

I could be completely wrong, but RMC hasn’t even started production on T-Rex track pieces (aside from prototype models), correct?

7 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ They said they will coming in 2020. SFGadv have no choice but RMC Raptor addition for 2019. So sorry, Zash.

What we're saying is that we would rather wait a few years for a T-Rex than to get a Raptor. I could honestly care less about what we get next year as long as the park benefits from it one way or another.

2 hours ago, Tower said:

What we're saying is that we would rather wait a few years for a T-Rex than to get a Raptor. I could honestly care less about what we get next year as long as the park benefits from it one way or another.

Six Flags FUN! has spoken. The Raptor is final. No returns. No exchanges.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ They said they will coming in 2020. SFGadv have no choice but RMC Raptor addition for 2019. So sorry, Zash.

Or, y’know, but we could get what everyone else was predicting for 2019, a Discovery. And then come 2020, we could get a T-Rex

9 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Park News - (8/24/18) While Six Flags is set to make the chain-wide announcements for new 2019 attractions at all of their parks on August 30th (including new additions like Darien Lake and Frontier City) Six Flags Magic Mountain will actually be making their own announcement the night before during a live announcement at the park at 9pm on August 29th.

Hmm? It seems SFMM will make announce new ride in August 29th, likely to be new coaster to be announced. I wonder if SFGadv and SFGam will get new coasters too next year? My bet is SFGadv is getting two rides, RMC Raptor and Giant Discovery or just RMC Raptor, and SFGam will get S&S coaster.

I think I saw this exact same post someplace just a minute or two ago  in a different thread. Well I am getting old. Maybe its all in my head.

I forget where exactly I heard how much they were investing in new additions this year, but I think it was a couple million dollars less than last year chain wide. But still in the $90,000,000 range. My point is, they are likely going to be putting something in to Darien Lake and Frontier city. It may not be a ride but it would most likely be retheming of some of the rides to fit the DC theme. Over all this year, they spent a lot of money. Buying 5 parks is not cheap. So honestly, still investing $90,000,000 into the chain is amazing. But having to put money into more parks, having a coaster at MM and possibly Great America, it will simply be out of the budget to put one at Great Adventure if they want to keep their word of adding something to every park and keeping that addition bigger than a show.

It's cool how they've really been able to keep things under wraps this year.  Usually by now, the week of, we generally know what we're getting, but this year, we're really not sure beyond educated guesses.  A super-sized Discovery sounds like the most likely answer, and I think that would be a great fit in the Freefall or old Old Country Area to help buff the Metropolis/Gotham area a little more.  I'd love a new marquee coaster (I'm talking El Toro/Nitro/Ka level) in the next few years, but I'm not holding my breath!

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

^ Remember....there always RMC Raptor rumors....who knows? Maybe we will get Giant Discovery or RMC Raptor in next year as BIG surprise! Is RMC Raptor 2019 rumor is might be true, Harry?

Your speculation does not exactly qualify as a rumor. 

With no signs of major construction throughout the park, it’s highly unlikely that we’ll be getting a coaster this year. 

I don't think that the park cares about the enthusiasts as much as other parks. They have no reason to give a "BIG surprise." Their coaster collection is great. Their flats are weak. There are other priorities that need to be filled besides coasters. And I don't think having a ton of coasters is a great thing. I hear people complain about MM all the time of there being too much coasters and not enough flats. So having a thrilling big flat is most likely better for the park than a filler coaster. Such as a Raptor.

20 minutes ago, Squidy2201 said:

I don't think that the park cares about the enthusiasts as much as other parks. They have no reason to give a "BIG surprise." Their coaster collection is great. Their flats are weak. There are other priorities that need to be filled besides coasters. And I don't think having a ton of coasters is a great thing. I hear people complain about MM all the time of there being too much coasters and not enough flats. So having a thrilling big flat is most likely better for the park than a filler coaster. Such as a Raptor.

This is false logic. Our park has over a dozen more non-coaster/water rides than SFMM. It has more flats than SFGAm, SFOT and SFFT, which are largely considered the most well-rounded SF parks. It has more flats than some renowned CF parks like KI and Carowinds. 

We got a flat package in 2012, a drop tower in 2014, another flat in 2015, a dark ride in 2017 and yet another flat in 2018. We are no longer starved of flat rides. SF has done a great job at filling that need with some really solid additions.

Meanwhile, on the coaster front, the last 11 years have been disappointing. They removed both sides of Chiller, GASM and both sides of RT. In their place we got a wild mouse, relocated standup and cloned Free Spin. While our flat ride offerings have gotten exponentially better, our coaster collection is arguably worse than it was over a decade ago. 

That is not to say I don't want a Giant Discovery. I'd love one. But I think we are past the point of "needing" flats over coasters.

• Like 1

I don't even think any park will see a T-rex in the next five years as it seems the T-rex was over $20 Million right now (thus, Six Flags won't purchase one, even if it were a clone of the Raptor track on the T-rex scale). In my opinion, I'd rather see a Vekoma Boomarang or a Mack PowerSplash before a Raptor because they don't have a shuttle coaster as Lightning Loops was removed for Batman and Chiller was removed before Dark Knight was added.

The PowerSplash might fit in the Freefall space, but I think they would probably remove the arena for it any for a future flat and the entrance. It could go by Aquaman Aqua Coaster (even though I don't think it's considered a coaster, but there's only one in Belgium right now-there was the one in the Six Flags Dubai plans so it's not a long shot). TBH, Joker's spot would be nice too and i think it would be a more interesting thing to look at as you come in.

1 hour ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

We don't need another flat ride guys, he's right. I didn't say I don't want Giant Discovery. Another flat ride is enough. We need a new coaster for 2019 or 2020. Remember the park president said they are working on addition for a year. So it could be another flat ride or a new coaster for next year. SFMM just have a new Giant Discovery, whatever it could be possible we will ever get another flat ride like Giant Discovery. RMC is possible for 2019 or 2020. Remember guys, RMC will start producing RMC T-Rex in 2020, that's means it's SFGadv's turn to have RMC T-Rex in 2020 if we don't get a coaster in next year. We need a brand new coaster to make SFGadv more better. Here is my possible future predictions for Six Flags Great Adventure:
2019: Giant Discovery or RMC Raptor (if RMC Raptor rumor is might true or not)

2020: RMC T-Rex (if SFGadv didn't have coaster in 2019)

2021: Hurricane Harbor expansion

2022: Kiddie Area revamp

2023: Animal additions / New flat ride package

2024: Park Improving / Family Rides

2025: New Coaster

That is all I got to say for this information guys, RMC T-Rex is very likely coming to the park in 2020. Great Adventure did not have new original coaster since El Toro. I think it's time to let SFGadv to get new original coaster in two more years like RMC T-Rex to make the park more awesome.

And a coaster is “very likely” to come in 2020 because...?

I wouldn't count out anything based on lack of work so far at the park. All their rides have been opening later than anticipated because they haven't been starting major construction work on them until after the first of the year with just site prep happening up to then. 

I'm pretty sure we're getting a Discovery, it would be a great fit for the area and the GP love them.

I would bet that MM gets some sort of dueling coaster (maybe even a dueling TRex) based on the land area they have available and the fact that it is open year round. SFAmerica is going to convert Apocalypse to a floorless (best bang for the buck, Rougaru comes to mind).

As far as the rest of my predictions.... That will be on my YouTube channel real soon (Coliwood Studios).