VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

On 7/11/2018 at 11:18 AM, Medusa42 said:

It's crazy how small of a footprint the Skywarp has (120 ft x 30 ft).  If they put one next to Joker, it could be called Catwoman Whip, Two-Face, or even Batman & Robin.

cEFAAdy.png

Can you maybe put that footprint over where the construction at the Golden Kingdom is? Since that's where the new attraction is rumored to go.

16 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

There is no construction in Golden Kingdom.

23 hours ago, Tower said:

Can you maybe put that footprint over where the construction at the Golden Kingdom is? Since that's where the new attraction is rumored to go.

It's more like halfway between the two, but isn't the work going right up to El Toro's drop more?

^It seems like a lot of people didn't read and understand the following comments from the Six Flags Additions for 2019 thread.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

Two comments about Splash Water Oasis-

1.  It is still intact.  The “removed roof” is simply the canvas covers that have always been removed for the winter.  

2.   Walls went up around it so that it is out of view of guests similar to the Autobahn ride which sat behind a wall for many years.  The green walls are to keep guests out of the closed off backstage areas now that the Golden Kingdom walkway has reopened.  

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?/topic/5473-six-flags-additions-for-2019/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-85764

• Like 1

I'm still staying with my prediction that they're getting a raptor or t-rex in either Metropolis or Golden Kingdom.  I do believe that there is a chance that they could get both a raptor/t-rex and a skywarp or other flat ride to compete with the opening of Nickelodeon Universe in the Meadowlands.   

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, Medusa42 said:

It's crazy how small of a footprint the Skywarp has (120 ft x 30 ft).  If they put one next to Joker, it could be called Catwoman Whip, Two-Face, or even Batman & Robin.

cEFAAdy.png

That location has been like that for quite some time now because they use that plot of land as a great viewing site for the fireworks.  They make so much money off of people paying for V.I.P. seating, that they wouldn't get rid of that plot of land by using it for a skywarp when there are so many other, better places for their 2019 attraction.  (And so many better choices for their 2019 attraction)

On 7/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, coliwood_studios said:

I'm still staying with my prediction that they're getting a raptor or t-rex in either Metropolis or Golden Kingdom.  I do believe that there is a chance that they could get both a raptor/t-rex and a skywarp or other flat ride to compete with the opening of Nickelodeon Universe in the Meadowlands.   

A package would be nice. T-Rex/Raptor for the Golden Kingdom (original name/theme hopefully) and a Skywarp or other interesting flat ride (Giant Discovery or Zamperla Endeavor?) to round out the Metropolis area. In the spirit of Cyborg, maybe create a ride themed to Aquaman? Either way, glad to see both Golden Kingdom and Movie Town/Old Country/Metropolis rebuilt after years of neglect.

but i think for 2019 i expected to do changes in the boardwalk section

for the changes:

retheme superman to jersey devil (its mean pull a six flags new england and wait for a couple years until we get a new launch coaster like at discovery kingdom themed to superman) and green lantern to riptide. replace twister with a giant discovery called crazanity. add a tilt n whirl called the hustler, and add a disko called hurricane force 5

update the boardwalk food court to have new restaurants like: chop six, go fresh, nathans, and chick fil a.

demolished the right stuff building buildings for a stunt arena like the other stunt arena at cedar point.

then demolished the go karts and right stuff building for a 2020 gravity group wooden coaster called boardwalk twister

then replace the blue pavement with boardwalk themed pavement

Edited by harry2004

58 minutes ago, harry2004 said:

but I think for 2019 I expected to do changes in the boardwalk section.

for The changes:

-Retheme Superman to Jersey Devil. (its mean pull a Six Flags New England and wait for a couple years until we get a new launch coaster like at Discovery Kingdom themed to Superman) and Six Flags New England doesn’t have a launch coaster and what did they pull?

-Retheme Green Lantern to riptide.

-Replace Twister with a giant discovery called Crazanity, add a tilt n a whirl called The Hustler, and add a disko called Hurricane Force 5.

-Update the boardwalk food court to have new restaurants like: Chop Six, Go Fresh, Nathans, and Chick-fil-A.

-Demolished the right stuff building buildings for a stunt arena like the other stunt arena at Cedar Point. Why build another stunt arena?

-then Demolished the go karts and right stuff building for a 2020 gravity group wooden coaster called Boardwalk Twister. I thought you put a stunt arena there in the previous point?

-then Replace the blue pavement with boardwalk themed pavement.

Your posts are really difficult to follow.  I cleaned up your last post in order to figure out what you were trying to say.

• Like 2

for superman, after superman was retheme to bizzaro in 2009, six flags new england went 6 years without superman until they retheme bizzaro back to superman in 2016

for the stunt arena, in case the other stunt arena demolished for future expansion of movietown with a possible retheme to dc universe

for the area of the stunt arena, its got to be 2 office buildings behind the rockwall and coke stand

Edited by harry2004

I see a discovery maybe in freefalls old spot, I don’t see a new coaster coming just yet. As far as splash water oasis goes they just simply blocked it off and have it sbno. I’d love to see a rmc build a rolling thunder 2 similar to twisted colossus at magic mountain that would be an awesome addition... if we’re getting a coaster then We should of seen some sort of land clearing/tree removal by now. Hopefully soon.

i like to see the pinball parlor building being turn into a indoor theater for 2019 and a flat ride in rather golden kingdom, metropolis/movietown, or boardwalk

1 hour ago, harry2004 said:

i like to see the pinball parlor building being turn into a indoor theater for 2019 and a flat ride in rather golden kingdom, metropolis/movietown, or boardwalk

I feel it would have been better to put the Super Loop in Twister's Spot and called it Flash: Speed Force.

I feel an Incan themed ride (The Road to El Dorado?) could be a good bridge between both Golden Kingdom and Plaza Del Carnival because El Dorado is known as the city of gold (Golden Kingdom), and the Spanish invaded South America (hence the Spanish Misson square area with El Toro and Tango. A condor and a Discovery would probably also make good additions instead of El Diablo).

Do you see the story that you could build between the areas of the park? you could have a stunt show in the former extended queue of Ka as you don't need that much queue for ZDoD anymore (if it ever did).

my prediction for 2019 addition is a crazanity clone in current twister lot or right stuff building

and redo the boardwalk area like magic mountain did to their boardwalk area

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Read this from Screamscape folks:

2019 - New Attraction - Rumor - (7/27/18) No one knows exactly what is going on yet, but the early rumor from the Six Flags Great Adventure rumor mill is that the park will not add a coaster for 2019, but is working on some kind of large new attraction expected to go into the Metropolis area of the park. Anyone know more?

So that's means WE'RE GETTING A SKYWARP! NOT RMC RAPTOR! Dang it! Oh well, At least this rumor might not true or they will get RMC T-Rex in 2020. What are you think guys?

I doubt it’ll be a coaster, but Screamscape is just as clueless as we are about the 2019 addition.

^I noticed that too,  which makes it sound like a ride Six Flags has already super-sized.  So that most likely leaves you with a Zamperla Giga Discovery because the park already has a Larson Loop.  If it was the largest Skywarp or a larger Raptor, they would market it as a record breaking ride.  On the plus side, a CraZanity clone would be awesome.  On the down side, we are looking at another year of "Guys, is we getting Raptor/TREX/Skywarp?" posts.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i predicted that great adventure will pulled a king chaos and closed twister and replace it with a zamperla giant discovery and redo the boardwalk area with new restaurants, new boardwalk themed pavement, and new stunt arena where the offices buildings by the old right stuff, go karts, and basketball game are

Edited by harry2004