VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2019 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

harry2004

I say the park should get no new rides for 2019, the park has so much potential to become better with what they already have. Spend the new ride budget on repaving, refurbishing, and just making the park look better. Plus, I would love to see shows in the showcase and Stunt arena during the summer. Something like All Wheel Sports would be great in the Stunt Arena.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jollyroger said:

I say the park should get no new rides for 2019, the park has so much potential to become better with what they already have. Spend the new ride budget on repaving, refurbishing, and just making the park look better. Plus, I would love to see shows in the showcase and Stunt arena during the summer. Something like All Wheel Sports would be great in the Stunt Arena.

I 100% agree.  As much as I would love a coaster I really don’t want that happening at the moment.  I’d rather have what you said or a water park addition.

No RMC's. tired of everyone wanting one. But knowing how Six Flags in general are such a cookie-cutter theme park, they will put one in. I don't get the big deal over them. Personally, i'd rather have an aqua coaster at Hurricane Harbor. . We all know that Hurricane Harbor needs a new addition that isn't just a kiddie attraction (i have nothing against the kids area).. Maybe they can clean up HH and get people to watch over the lines too (way too many line cutters.. I've been threatened many times and almost punched when i said something) 

On 4/9/2018 at 2:07 PM, jollyroger said:

As much as I'd love a new major ride, I totally agree with this. I've tripped on some of the cracked pavement by Joker before and I noticed in front of Bizarro was looking crappy too last time I was at the park. I feel like its only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and sues them which should be incentive enough for at least paving the bad areas. I question whether or not repaving would take an entire new ride budget but maybe they could add more themeing and tie together sections that are more bland. I'd also love for them to take out dead ends. I'd love a new stunt show too.

15 hours ago, JerseyGirl3181 said:

No RMC's. tired of everyone wanting one. But knowing how Six Flags in general are such a cookie-cutter theme park, they will put one in. I don't get the big deal over them. Personally, i'd rather have an aqua coaster at Hurricane Harbor. . We all know that Hurricane Harbor needs a new addition that isn't just a kiddie attraction (i have nothing against the kids area).. Maybe they can clean up HH and get people to watch over the lines too (way too many line cutters.. I've been threatened many times and almost punched when i said something) 

I am guessing Six Flags will wait until the solar farm is up and running before installing a water coaster.  If I remember correctly, Thunder Rapids at Fiesta Texas has five large pumps, one per section, and consumes more electricity than Poltergeist.

If it was up to me, I would add two new coasters in 2019 to go against the opening of Meadowlands (RMC Raptor & Skywarp).  This would complete the buildout of The Lakefront and Old Country.  For 2020, I would redo the kids areas in the dry park and add a water coaster to Hurricane Harbor to go against Legoland.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:24 AM, Medusa42 said:

I am guessing Six Flags will wait until the solar farm is up and running before installing a water coaster.  If I remember correctly, Thunder Rapids at Fiesta Texas has five large pumps, one per section, and consumes more electricity than Poltergeist.

If it was up to me, I would add two new coasters in 2019 to go against the opening of Meadowlands (RMC Raptor & Skywarp).  This would complete the buildout of The Lakefront and Old Country.  For 2020, I would redo the kids areas in the dry park and add a water coaster to Hurricane Harbor to go against Legoland.

I would turn the Seaport + Safari Kids into a DC Superfriends Land.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas is knocking it out of the park with the look of the ride.  It’s going to come down to the better landscaping to see if Wonder Woman or Railblazer at California’s Great America is better.

If was mentioned in some interviews that Six Flags took a minimalistic approach to the design of the trains so it feels like nothing is around you during the ride.  I am also curious how much the moving station on Wonder Woman helps loading/unloading times.  

On 4/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, Medusa42 said:

If was mentioned in some interviews that Six Flags took a minimalistic approach to the design of the trains so it feels like nothing is around you during the ride.  I am also curious how much the moving station on Wonder Woman helps loading/unloading times.  

Same.  I think that will make or break this ride concept.

• 3 weeks later...

I say we already are getting signs of construction. The path between El Toro and Kingda Ka is open again and construction walls are blocking off Splash Water Oasis and the path of Bloodshed for Freight Fest. Plus Splash Water Oasis has been removed from the app in the things to do and number logo on the map (in the app). Plus if you take a look at the current app map, a mid to late 2017 map and a new 2018 map, the app shows a little path that goes right behind the Safari Discovery stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

According to interview, there will be more RMC Raptors in the future, we might getting a larger RMC Raptor next year or something?

Maybe one with increased capacity. The only thing keeping me from believing any Raptor speculation is that it doesn’t seem to make sense for the crowd sizes at the park. A new flat area would be nice for the Golden Kingdom/Plaza de Carnival path, but I do agree that the Metropolis section could use a nice coaster as an anchor for the section.

Some more info about the t-rex concept in the last half of this video. 

Also interesting, a point I never thought of with the single-person-per-row trains is that they have a much smaller turning radius, which is why Raptor achieves tight turns in a small footprint.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

According to interview, there will be more RMC Raptors in the future, we might getting a larger RMC Raptor next year or something?

When was that said?

Edited by Matt Kaiser
  • Like 1

^Announcement will probably be Tuesday August 28th, 2018 this year. Park teasers usually start 3-4 weeks before that if they bother to tease anything.

2 hours ago, Pineracer said:

Does anyone else think they'll shorten El Toro like Boss?

No, why in the world would they do that?  You don't mess with perfection.

Edited by Medusa42

20 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

^Announcement will probably be Tuesday August 28th, 2018 this year. Park teasers usually start 3-4 weeks before that if they bother to tease anything.

No, why in the world would they do that?  You don't mess with perfection.

I just feel the twister section is getting rough, but everything else is fine.

On 5/14/2018 at 12:04 AM, Matt Kaiser said:

Some more info about the t-rex concept in the last half of this video. 

Also interesting, a point I never thought of with the single-person-per-row trains is that they have a much smaller turning radius, which is why Raptor achieves tight turns in a small footprint.

He confirmed what I previously thought,  RMC is going for two completely different experiences with Raptor and T-Rex coasters, it isn’t just a capacity difference. Also, Rapters can be built 200 ft tall and T-Rex can be built 300+ ft tall.  I could see some parks having both designs and perhaps T-Rex will be the next coaster at Fiesta Texas.  It would allow Six Flags to construct cheaper Hyper/Giga coasters at certain parks.

Edited by Medusa42

Believe it if you want. I'm not. I am just going to keep the idea of a Riddler themed RMC in my head but Lakefront doesn't have enough room. Its really not the biggest spot. Unless they go over the water. There is just more dry land by justice league and over by the recently opened abandoned path. 

Don't forget that anybody can write what they want on wikipedia.

Edited by Squidy2201
  • Like 1