VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

Mulitiple tests and quizzes in one day is very common for me at my school. On my birthday I had one test and two quizzes. The worst was having four tests "coincidentally" one day last month. I would like at least a whole week without a quiz or test for once, but it will never happen. :(

You know what really grinds my gears? High School. Four tests in two days is not acceptable or reasonable, unless it is final exams. Oh well, almost half way done, then college...

In college you will have the joy of fighting and correcting incompetent college admin offices.

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever thought that the paint job on Xanadu (American Dream) in the Meadowlands was bad, check out the new colors on Communicore at EPCOT. What were they thinking?

Photos HERE.

If you posted this on the Theme Park Review forums or on their Facebook page, Robb Alvey would react like this

"NO!!! THIS PAINT JOB IS FANTASTIC. YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING THE MAGIC OF DISNEY WORLD. I'M GOING TO BLOCK YOU FOR VOICING CRITICISM ON MY WEBSITE THAT WAS BUILT ENTIRELY ON CRITICISM OF THEME PARKS AND ROLLER COASTERS!!!"

Trust me, I know this. I was blocked for simply stating my opinions on a ride that Robb really liked.

Edited by MarioSonic94

• 3 weeks later...

There is an ugly rumor that the boat ride planned for Avatarland at Disney's Animal Kingdom is being cut from the area. So they finally start work on a land to replace the cut Beastly Kingdom and end up cutting what they are replacing it with as well? Maybe the Oriental Land Company should buy up the North American parks so we can get some real additions like they build in Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea..

• 4 weeks later...

Facebook game requests... I get several every day and it's annoying. I get a phone notification thinking "Oh? I got a text?" Nope! Another game request... Is there anyway to block Candy Crush requests? I don't play any of those games and I wouldn't send out requests to people who don't play, why do people send them to me? :shocking:

I did play Candy Crush, the furthest I got was somewhere in the high 30s in levels. However I have a fun memory of playing it with my Spanish teacher on the last day of school last year when me and one or two others were the only ones in class. I don't use FB so that's a non issue for me.

What grinds my gears are the pay to play app games. I found this out with Angry Birds Go when I had to do the same race 50 times to get enough coins to upgrade since I didn't want to pay.

Facebook game requests... I get several every day and it's annoying. I get a phone notification thinking "Oh? I got a text?" Nope! Another game request... Is there anyway to block Candy Crush requests? I don't play any of those games and I wouldn't send out requests to people who don't play, why do people send them to me? :shocking:

I agree with this. Every single day my uncle sends me farmville requests.

I get game requests every single day... And not just Candy Crush requests. Slot machine games my aunt plays, my dad and a couple relatives play Candy Crush, and a few play Farmville. I honestly get more game notifications than any other notification on Facebook.

I also hate pay to play apps, but I hate apps that are free with in game purchases even more. In a lot of games there's always that second currency that you need, but it requires real money to get said currency. The only other way is to do those "Install this game and get (however much) of this (currency or item!)" offers. Those take forever and they give barely any reward. I refuse to buy any in game purchases on my phone, so unless it's a game I really like and I am willing to do the offers for the items, I will just unstall the app and look for another. :Z001_unsure:

With all due respect, sometimes the truth can be very painful. Someone isn't being negative simply because they're telling something that you may not want to hear.

Totally get that 100%….but theres just some people who manage to find the negative out of the smallest things and never have anything positive to say.

I miss the zero tolerance for smoking/line cutting/etc. that the park had while Mark Kane was in charge.

Me too, even though i'm a smoker. I miss how well he ran the park even though we lost alot of rides (im sure it wasn't his fault) Everything was on point.