VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

Forum,

I am catching up on site maps at a very reasonable pace. After being a month behind, I am caught up to February 23rd as of early this morning. The current lineup of site maps goes as follows:

• February 23rd (In progress) (Footing back-fill and station footings)
  • February 27th (Prepping for steel and station footings)
  • March 2nd (Vertical construction)
  • March 4th (from the Behind the Adventure video, given there is some new information in the video).

All site maps I am behind on will be completed before Winter Adventure on the 14th. I will share with the forums the map for the 27th and all maps after that. Once the site maps are done, I will be moving into the column maps and a new track map similar to the configuration of the column map. Stay tuned!

• Like 6

Just for the hell of it (no pun intended), here's the site map for February 23, 2020. As we can see, all of the footings have been back-filled with dirt and all of the pier caps are complete. We can see especially the sheer size of that nine foot "Frankenstein" pier cap for the crows nest element. Likewise, we have the molds in for the station building that will house the load and unload areas of the ride. We also see a new dark dirt, which is used as an under-layer for gravel on the new access route. This new route extends nearly the entire length of the ride and hugs right up against the pier caps, wrapping all the way around the back-half over bank and ending just before the second queue house (you can see this in further detail on the blueprints). 

FORUM 25.jpg

1 minute ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

One of comments on this video saying RMC told them JDC will be done by end of July. is that true? JDC coaster would be done before Memorial Day weekend. 

New Jersey has strict ride safety rules, so that can throw a wrench into things (Ka and Zu were intended to crest/drop at the same time, but the state said no)

3 hours ago, Medusa42 said:

The end of the video:  "Say it with us. Summer 2020"

summer-2020.png

Hersheypark keeps claiming Summer of 2020 for ChocolateTown, but judging by the progress, "Summer" is actually probably Memorial Day or earlier. 

Of course I can see Jersey Devil opening late June though.

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME! JERSEY DEVIL COASTER has officially gone vertical at Six Flags Great Adventure as of March 2nd, 2020! Here is the latest site map for this extremely special occasion. Can't wait to see this exciting progress in person come next Saturday at Winter Adventure ❄️

FORUM 27.jpg

• Like 1

In addition, here is the small map update and tweak for March 4th, courtesy of the fantastic Behind the Adventure video the park provided us with. With this map complete, we are officially caught up on site maps and eagerly await to further update them as regularly scheduled. Now, we will be moving onto both column and track maps to wrap up our "catching-up" phase. Enjoy the rest of your day!

FORUM 28.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, Pineracer said:

New Jersey has strict ride safety rules, so that can throw a wrench into things (Ka and Zu were intended to crest/drop at the same time, but the state said no)

Also, apparently 2 of the state inspectors retired and now there's only 1 for the entire state. (Combine that with American Dream opening, he must have been pretty busy)

11 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Also, apparently 2 of the state inspectors retired and now there's only 1 for the entire state. (Combine that with American Dream opening, he must have been pretty busy)

What does it take for one to become a state inspector?

Good evening,

Just checking in to update you all on the map. Aiming to have the 3/9 map done for Friday so that I have a blank slate before Winter Adventure on Saturday given it is still happening. 

Everyone, please be careful and safe with all of the coronavirus madness going on right now. As you may have seen in the Winter Adventure email (if you are attending the event), leave spaces in the Showcase Theater. Bring hand sanitizer if you can and wash your hands rigorously and consistently, preferably with warm water. If you are sick, please stay home and do not attend the event. 

Have a great night everyone.

• Like 2

Winter Adventure has officially been cancelled. 

Hi Everyone

ACE NJ regrets to inform you that Winter Adventure is cancelled. This decision from ACE NJ did not come lightly. Six Flags Great Adventure has been very accommodating to our needs. Ultimately it came down to my gut feeling and decision. (Bret Ulozas).

Six Flags Great Adventure opens on April 4th. We hope to see you all there! Everyone will receieve a refund in the next 3 to 5 days (Thanks Paypal)

Please stay safe and healthy!!

6 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great now we will never see what Jersey Devil Coaster looks like for entrance, queue, coaster, etc....Great work losers. I hope next is Great Adventure might postponed opening day to Spring Break or early May. Thanks a lot, coronavirus. 

I think the event was cancelled in our best favor, Six Flags FUN! With a public gathering like this, the risk of contracting an illness whether it is coronavirus or not is far too substantial to hold the event especially given recent history. Our best bet is to return to the park on opening day and see the coaster for ourselves then, even though it is not an actual site tour. As much as it sucks that the event is cancelled this year, opening day is still less than one month away! 

22 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

I got a fear they'll postponed opening day to Spring Break or early May.

The parks should just close until they are ready to open their new attractions.

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Great now we will never see what Jersey Devil Coaster looks like for entrance, queue, coaster, etc....Great work losers. I hope next is Great Adventure might postponed opening day to Spring Break or early May. Thanks a lot, coronavirus. 

You'll eventually see pictures and such about The Jersey Devil. It's not like it's going anywhere. If it's postponed, at least it's better than it never happening, right? I'm sad things are canceling on me too, but it's not like there's anything to be done except wait until the virus is no longer a threat to the public. I'd rather have to wait for something than potentially get very sick and potentially transmit a virus to people who can't fight it off like I probably can. Everything will happen with time. :Spindevil:

14 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

Yikes, this is a rough response. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2