VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

VERTICAL ON THE HORIZON! 🔝 With around a whopping several more pier caps in place and the first steel shipments arriving,  vertical construction is bound to begin IN THE COMING WEEKS! Work is continuing on the front and back halves of the ride as crews begin "connecting" the two ends of the ride with foundations for the lift and drop, airtime finale, and two valleys (valley between the airtime hill and stall, as well as the valley between the zero g roll and the midcourse brake run)! To celebrate the arrival of the first supports, we will be releasing a very special map next update... stay tuned 👀

FORUM 18.jpg

PIER CAP PARADISE! 🏝️ Crews have been extremely hard at work to finish up the minimal molds left and subsequently prepare the pier caps for columns very soon! Nearly the entire set of lift hill molds are in place, as well as the camelback airtime hill! The only molds left to finish connecting both ends include a couple more for the lift hill, the exit valley of the zero g roll, and the exit valley of the camelback hill! I would estimate about 10-15 molds are left to complete, which is extremely welcoming news. 

FORUM 20.jpg

• Like 3

It looks like the 2nd truckload of Jersey Devil supports have been unloaded at the park.

Great Adventure (@SFGrAdventure) Tweeted:
#JerseyDevil Coaster construction update 1/23/20 🚧 Our second load of steel has arrived! 🚛 Pier caps are rising like little skyscrapers across the site 🏙 https://t.co/J0Jm4HH2aI

I was just thinking how this coaster would change the park's skyline. There's an old photo I've seen from 2006 that still show's Chiller, Rolling Thunder,  and GASM on the park's Wikipedia page out there and how would that photo would look in 2020. Like I doubt one could see Joker, but what about Jersey Devil?

• Like 1

LINKIN' LOOSE ENDS! ⛓️ As we near closer to the end of the month, both ends of the ride are inching closer and closer to each other as crews begin putting the finishing touches on both sides. Over at the north end, the previously molded footings have been stripped and capped off with many new column additions, as the south end prepares even more pier caps and one especially tall, 9 foot form for the pier cap that will support the iconic crows nest turnaround. As the month nears an end, expect crews to connect both ends of the site and several more columns to arrive in the third shipment! See you again for next week's update! :devil2:

FORUM 22.jpg

FORUM 21.jpg

• Like 3

Good evening everyone! While it has been a while since my last update, I have been extremely hard at work at making the updates EVEN BETTER! Just wanted to share with you some exciting news tonight.

Eastern Thrills and I have found the entire queue line for JERSEY DEVIL COASTER, including the two queue houses, exit path, and the entrance plaza! We have figured out that the pathing will operate on a similar system to Wonder Woman, where the entrance portal will be divided into three paths: the left side of the portal will be delegated to the exit path, the middle path will be the flash pass/handicap access lane, and the farthest right lane will be the standby queue line. The queue will wrap through the first queue house, then make its way down to its farthest point (all the way down to the valley of the first drop, and it gets close for some incredible views!) and then loop back around to the main area. The path leading toward the station will make its way under the lift hill as the flash pass lane and the standby lane will run side by side, up the stairs into the station. These two lanes will enter the station from the front face, and the loading process will take over from there. Riders will exit in the middle of the station on the side face and make their way down to the same portal they entered through, making re-rides very efficient! 

More to come on this as we prepare our next upload, so we won't give too much else away, but we have gained a TON of new information from the new video. This new update will be PIVOTAL! 

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I think now more than ever they should change Bizarro back to Medusa.  It would be nice to have her and the Jersey Devil at opposite ends of the park especially for Fright Fest.  

I was thinking Chupacabra, would fit the Wild West and be a more [North] American mythical creature.