VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

11 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

Hopefully JD will win the GTA for best new ride of 2020! 

Unfortunately the SeaWorld Entertainment parks really killed it this year, it may be tough to beat them. Kings Island's Giga doesn't actually look that impressive, so I'm gonna say if anything it's between SeaWorld's additions between all their affiliated parks, most likely the RMC Gwazi at BG Tampa..... however if the airtime on Jersey Devil is as crazy as we all assume, I think it may have a shot! We just gotta wait and see.....

I think its worth noting that "Best New Ride" , as of this year's awards, been split into two separate categories..

- Best New Roller Coaster (Steel Curtain)

- Best New "Attraction Installation" (Hagrid ride)

Granted, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense considering both awards this year were given to coasters. But not only that, Steel Curtain finished second in the new attraction poll and Hagrid finished second in the new coaster poll...

I know, I know. Its wild. Doesnt  make the most sense. I think the intention of it was just so that they could give out another award to someone (as arbitrary and meaningless as they are to begin with).

As was mentioned earlier, GTA loves KI. But they also love Busch Gardens and SeaWorld too. If I had money on it, my bet is that Pantheon wins "Best New Attraction installation" (assuming it has significant theming elements), and the "Best New Coaster" a toss-up between RMC Gwazi or Orion. As great as JDC will likely be, I just dont see it winning...

But at the end of the day its important not to take too much stock in these awards anyway, as they for obvious reasons aren't the best metric for giving credit where it is due...

Edited by Llama Drama

11 minutes ago, Tower said:

The drop is going to be 130ft tall. The station isn't going to be ground level.

This is exactly what I was thinking, It's kind of like is the new episode of Power Rangers at 8a or 8:30a on Saturday? (don't answer that, end of tangent)

5 hours ago, coliwood_studios said:

It would be really cool if they left Roadrunner Railway in the same area, repainted it and renamed it "Little Devil" (using the tiny toons taz character).

That would be cool but of course there will definitely be parents who won't want their toddlers riding a devil themed coaster.

1 hour ago, Tower said:

The drop is going to be 130ft tall. The station isn't going to be ground level.

Am I missing some sort of terrain change? 126 ft tall to a flat piece of land isn’t a 130 ft drop.

The press release said: “Tension-building ascent up a towering, 130-foot lift hill”.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190829005027/en/Jersey-Devil-Coaster-Shatter-World-Records-2020

sfgd_jdc_7.jpg?itok=Q2A2Zfx5

I am very happy with this addition, but a part of me wishes they could have reached 150 feet with the height. When they say that records are being "shattered", you'd hope they'd leave a decent enough margin between the previous record-holder and the new addition. Being around 20 feet taller than the clones, it isn't going to be that much bigger comparatively. Regardless, I am very impressed with the lengthened layout they went with, and absolutely thrilled for Great Adventure.

7 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

I am very happy with this addition, but a part of me wishes they could have reached 150 feet with the height. When they say that records are being "shattered", you'd hope they'd leave a decent enough margin between the previous record-holder and the new addition. Being around 20 feet taller than the clones, it isn't going to be that much bigger comparatively. Regardless, I am very impressed with the lengthened layout they went with, and absolutely thrilled for Great Adventure.

In the future, the record is obviously going to be broken.  Especially with the T-Rex’s.

8 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

The height does not matter to me, as the ride will be absolutely fantastic! I just can't wait for construction to be well underway! 

12 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

In the future, the record is obviously going to be broken.  Especially with the T-Rex’s.

That wasn’t remotely my point! I’m saying that this isn’t much larger than the clones.

11 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

The height does not matter to me, as the ride will be absolutely fantastic! I just can't wait for construction to be well underway! 

I agree with you. I think that height is arbitrary for the overall impression of the attraction. The way it just goes straight into dropping (rather than a pre-drop turn around, in the same vein as Green Lantern and Wonder Woman) makes it pretty menacing. It will look GREAT as you approach it from a distance.

Edited by Gyrotron

Personally I won't really care about any ride specs as long as this ride doesn't get cloned throughout the chain. GAdv is SF's second biggest park that ranks near the top in population center and in attendance, so it makes an addition like this being added to our park justified, a Raptor that's larger scale in almost every way. I think the smaller parks will likely see the Wonder Woman clones due to their cheap cost, and considering that they were able to put one it at a small to moderately sized park like Fiesta Texas makes that addition justified. This is also why I don't think we will see a TRex in the chain either. From what I've heard they will likely be very expensive, and considering the fact that GAdv and SF were willing to go all out on the Raptor concept instead of waiting a few years for the TRex concept to be ready for production makes me think that we won't see one in the chain anytime soon due to SF's budget friendly business model, especially since their model has no plan of changing even after JRA's retirement next year.

3 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

When the park closes in January, could Great Adventure have a deal with EarthCam to use webcam for Jersey Devil Coaster construction just like Green Lantern construction webcam in 2011.

Fingers Crossed! I don't know where they would place the LiveCam if it were to happen (GADV if you see this, please add in a live camera for the Jersey Devil Coaster).

15 hours ago, EasternThrills said:

That actually brings up a good question. IF Great Adventure did a live camera for Jersey Devil, where/what do you think they would place the camera on?

Nitro's lift hill

• Like 2