VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

Does anyone on here know how you can become part of the promotional video/commercial for the new ride? I was thinking that would be really cool to be a part of.

I heard SFA let anyone sign up for their Firebird commercial. Also I believe someone on here did one for Zumanjaro?

They won't make it for a while now but was thinking it'd be really fun!

• Like 1

I think LTSP/Safari Kids is pretty much staying as it is, just clearing those rides all the way at the back into the middle of it all. The area I assume will be used for JD is circled in red, and I'd guess they'll use the old pathway next to Rapids (marked in gray) as the entrance/queue to it. Really only the submarine looks like it NEEDS to move, but I'm guessing they'll move the teacups so they can use the old Rapids food and gift building for a shop:

If I had to guess, they'll probably just relocate those two rides to the old Big Red Cars/Safari Jeeps area near the front of LTSP. Maybe they'll even put the train back in? 

10 hours ago, owtoty said:

Does anyone on here know how you can become part of the promotional video/commercial for the new ride? I was thinking that would be really cool to be a part of.

I heard SFA let anyone sign up for their Firebird commercial. Also I believe someone on here did one for Zumanjaro?

They won't make it for a while now but was thinking it'd be really fun!

They typically start in and work their way out. So, first they ask employees, maybe close friends/family of employees, then reach out to ACE and other friends of the park. If they need more people than that, they'll start to share the invite to a wider audience. I know other SF parks will post the casting invite to their Facebook, but I've never seen Great Adventure do that. You mostly have to know someone or be in a club that gets the invite.

I've attended several shoots for Zumanjaro, Holiday in the Park, and El Diablo (and have been invited to almost all since then). For Zumanjaro, only employees could ride due to not having state approval at that time. A bunch of ACE members rode Kingda Ka during the shoot (myself included).

7 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

They typically start in and work their way out. So, first they ask employees, maybe close friends/family of employees, then reach out to ACE and other friends of the park. If they need more people than that, they'll start to share the invite to a wider audience. I know other SF parks will post the casting invite to their Facebook, but I've never seen Great Adventure do that. You mostly have to know someone or be in a club that gets the invite.

I've attended several shoots for Zumanjaro, Holiday in the Park, and El Diablo (and have been invited to almost all since then). For Zumanjaro, only employees could ride due to not having state approval at that time. A bunch of ACE members rode Kingda Ka during the shoot (myself included).

Basically what Matt said. It starts internally and goes from there. Majority of the people you see in the videos are employees or employees families. I’ve done/been in  Zumanjaro, skull mountain vr, joker, cyborg, and wonderman. Majority of it all being employees with the occasional outside casted people from a casting agency. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tower said:

I found these photos on Facebook, they're not mine so shoutout to whoever took these.

LTSP looks to be closed off completely and the entrances all have the Jersey Devil Coaster photo on them. I don't know about Safari Kids.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Awesome! I assume they’ll start construction hopefully within the next month (fingers crossed!)

1 minute ago, MitchCaltabiano said:

RIP LTSP.

you will not be forgotten

In other news, I’m hoping Road Runner Railway moving to the Golden Kingdom where Cell Block 6 is but they’ll likely move it to BBNP or where safari trucks were

If RRR gets moved to the Golden Kingdom I have a strong feeling it replaces Splashwater Oasis. It would fit perfectly in that spot.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tower said:

If RRR gets moved to the Golden Kingdom I have a strong feeling it replaces Splashwater Oasis. It would fit perfectly in that spot.

I say Golden Kingdom because it needs more attractions, it has KK and Zumi at the back end of it, but besides them, nothing.

Another possibility is bringing back Balin’s Jungleland, as that plot of land is still there only being occupied by Bloodshed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZachMan said:

Damn I was at the park today and didn’t even think I needed to pay respects to the Seaport as I thought I would have next time, I guess it’s too late. Rip granny’s house

Same for me. I walked right past that area both times I rode Nitro and didn't even realize it was that section of the park was closed.

3 hours ago, Joseph_D said:

No more “private” bathrooms either.

I almost always forgot those existed, the only times I'd even remember is during Fright Fest when I would do the apocalypse trail or whatever it was and walk past them and I'd be like "oh yeah these bathrooms" lmao. I'm sure they'll be kept for JD and if not then whatever.

• Like 1

That would be nice to see Great Adventure win, unfortunately since it's not at Cedar Point, Holiday World or Kings Island, I don't think it will stand a chance. I'm expecting KI's Giga will win because of how biased the voters are, even if Jersey Devil ends up being a better coaster.