VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Jersey Devil Coaster - Now Open!

29yrswithaGApass

I'd say I was presently surprised with the ride, but I wish it shared its name and theme with Fiesta Texas' Super Air Race. I feel the Screampunk District would be a good area for Great Adventure (outside of kids areas).

I personally feel the devil looks cartoony and cheap.

36 minutes ago, Matt Kaiser said:

Yes it was. They'll be making a post today explaining all the clues!

This is why they are the best! They knew what we wanted and delivered (better than expected tbh). That is probably the best thing they could have spelt! I can't wait for their post, it will be cool seeing what everything meant from their point of view. 

Good campaign. I'm happy to finally see a non-DC themed attraction. Curious if El Diablo's removal had anything to do with the decision to theme this one.

Also, you guys really think the Seaport would be removed for this one? Judging by the animation, I'm more surprised that Congo is staying (not complaining!)

I'm really looking forward to this new coaster and glad the park is finally getting an RMC. The only RMC I have ridden is Twisted Timbers that was excellent and have heard nothing but good things about the other 2 Raptor coasters and am expecting this coaster to be even better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gyrotron said:

Do we know if this ride would be open for Holiday in the Park? It is on the side of the park that stays open for HITP, so I’m assuming yes.

I sure hope so that is my absolute favorite time of year to go. 

I am very pleasantly surprised to see great adventure being ahead of the curve again with something new and modern and bigger and better than anyone else, it feels like the good old days!

Honestly I would rather have a giga or an I box like steel vengeance, but not complaining. These Raptors seem incredibly dynamic, it looks like it’s going to be an absolutely fantastic ride! 

Let’s all just pray it’s designed to run in the cold weather so we can enjoy it a Xmas time.

A little surprised they didn’t consider a 95 degree first  drop like on Maverick...

Edited by DRU

35 minutes ago, SFGadv123 said:

I imagine you could probably get some neat views of this ride from Prospertown Lake. I will definitely be going to kayak out there next summer lol

From the animation, the lakeside looks awesome

• Like 1

Honestly I couldn’t be happier with this addition. It has an original layout and theme, not to mention a lot of enthusiasts are saying that this will be one of the best rides on the planet. The fact that people are saying that this coaster tops what Kings Island announced is very exciting. For the first time in a long time, it looks to me that Six Flags has actually bested Cedar Fair in additions, and our new coaster was at the forefront of it.

One other thing I should add is that the airtime offered on WWGLC and Railblazer is said to be phenomenal, and the airtime is located on elements that weren’t even meant to have it in the first place. Imagine how good the airtime will be on elements that were actually made to deliver it, like the huge ejector hill, the stall, the raven turn into the dive loop, the turnaround followed by the zero-g roll, honestly I can’t get enough of the fact that this is a literal masterpiece. We don’t know how the ride will be obviously until it opens, but hearing rave reviews on the other Raptors out there gives us no reason not to be strongly optimistic about it. 

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

Clearly this was Thrown together to Combat the 11 Roller Coasters Opening in the Area over the Next 10 Months.

When more effort is put into the Announcement Video then the actual Parks and New Rides, there is something Wrong. One new Full Circuit Coaster in the Whole Chain is also a Problem. 

As For GA, if Kids Rides are Sacrificed, that will be a Problem. 

Do you guys think the drop on JDC will be better than Nitro’s? JDC will probably be like Wicked Cyclone: an average height drop at a very steep angle, with a whippy transition. I felt that Wicked Cyclone’s first drop wasn’t even close to as good as El Toro’s, since El Toro is so massively steep, and the train is so long (especially with the added speed of the turn-around after the cable lift).

Edited by Gyrotron

17 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Cedar Fair also is installing just one coaster across all their parks for 2020 if I remember correctly. 

Meanwhile SeaWorld Parks are installing coasters in all five of their major parks next year (and they still haven't announced what Sesame is getting). 

Michigan's Adventure's Camp Snoopy includes a new kiddie coaster and Sesame Place will be celebrating its 40th, so other than the return of the Birthday Street Party and possible upgrades for that, I don't see anything notable going into Sesame Place in 2020.

I can post a new thread about my Sesame Place ideas if anybody wants. 

43 minutes ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

What month they will start demolishing Looney Tunes Seaport, clear the area and start construction on Jersey Devil Coaster?

I think construction will start as soon as possible, speaking of which will there be a thread dedicated to construction updates or will this thread serve that purpose?

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything about the capacity of JDC? I am hoping that they run this ride to its full capacity, with 12 person trains it'll need a lot of dispatches to keep the line moving. Maverick at CP has 12 riders per train, but they load two trains at once. If JD has a moving station, I think it could have a steady line, especially if they are running 3-4 trains and sending out full trains.

8 hours ago, Tower said:

I think construction will start as soon as possible, speaking of which will there be a thread dedicated to construction updates or will this thread serve that purpose?

I think one thread is enough. 

It looks like just two rides will have to be removed from LTSP for this and (hopefully) relocated.

I find it interesting they said JD will open "summer" 2020. I guess they've given up on advertising "spring" for any new attractions... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAcoaster said:

I think one thread is enough. 

It looks like just two rides will have to be removed from LTSP for this and (hopefully) relocated.

I find it interesting they said JD will open "summer" 2020. I guess they've given up on advertising "spring" for any new attractions... 

Which two rides?

3 minutes ago, GAcoaster said:

I'm guessing the two furthest back (submarine and teacups). 

I'd scrap the subs, the remaining rides I feel have potential

Taz Twister and Road Runner- National Park becomes Boomtown piece

Teacups, Barnstormer, Canyon Blaster-DC Super Friends (along with new kiddie drop tower and flying scooters)