VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

15 hours ago, Matt Kaiser said:

You can't have anything in a zippered pocket either to prevent people from taking their phones out while on the ride. Sunglasses aren't too much of a concern, but a phone is basically getting hit with a flying brick.

A brick is all it will be after hitting the ground, or my head.

I never bring my phone in the park, but I think it's dumb that they don't allow you to bring keys or a wallet on the ride even if it is in a zippered pocket. I totally understand the phone risk because someone could still take it out during the ride, but no one is going to be taking out their keys or wallet on the ride. It's stupid and just an excuse for them to make more money from people renting lockers 

On 6/1/2019 at 11:19 PM, SFGadv123 said:

I never bring my phone in the park, but I think it's dumb that they don't allow you to bring keys or a wallet on the ride even if it is in a zippered pocket. I totally understand the phone risk because someone could still take it out during the ride, but no one is going to be taking out their keys or wallet on the ride. It's stupid and just an excuse for them to make more money from people renting lockers 

I think the reason they also don't allow guests to bring keys and wallets on rides because the park don't want guests to lose keys and wallets as well. If you lose your keys, you would have a hard time trying to leave the park and if you lose your wallet, you could lose valuables such as a credit card, money, or your driver's license. I wish the park could install pouches under the seats on El Toro and Kingda Ka like what Cedar Fair did to Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance.

9 hours ago, Viper26 said:

I think the reason they also don't allow guests to bring keys and wallets on rides because the park don't want guests to lose keys and wallets as well. If you lose your keys, you would have a hard time trying to leave the park and if you lose your wallet, you could lose valuables such as a credit card, money, or your driver's license. I wish the park could install pouches under the seats on El Toro and Kingda Ka like what Cedar Fair did to Twisted Timbers and Steel Vengeance.

Speaking for myself , I deliberately take as little as possible to avoid losing/damaging things.Case in point:most times I go to Great Adv. or SFA the ONLY things I bring into the park are my car keys and season pass.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:19 PM, SFGadv123 said:

It's an insurance thing.  It's the same reason why they card senior citizens for beers at concert venues.  If you force everyone to disgorge their pockets regardless of whether or not they zipper, there's no issue with capricious exceptions or rules going unenforced. 

• Like 1

Probably will be going to the park for the first time in 14 years this weekend. Haven't been since the opening year of Kingda Ka as a kid. Having kept up with the park through youtube, and theme park sites including this one and Gadv online for a large majority of that time, this event is a long time coming and I am sure looking forward to visiting the theme park where the community surrounding it helped shape my interest in theme parks, music, and the internet as a whole. Might even come back with a trip report :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

KeyBanc is claiming better than expected second quarter attendance for Six Flags.

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/19/07/14011439/keybanc-upgrades-six-flags-says-attendance-trends-better-than-expected

KeyBanc Upgrades Six Flags, Says Attendance Trends Better Than Expected

July 01, 2019 3:59pm

KeyBanc Capital Market's new bullish stance on amusement park company Six Flags Entertainment Corp is based on expectations for attendance trends to come in better than expected in the second quarter.

The Analyst
Brett Andress upgraded Six Flags from Sector Weight to Outperform with a new $62 price target.

The Thesis
KeyBanc's propriety "Key First Look" credit and debit card data suggests attendance trends at Six Flags parks will rise by a total of 8% in the second quarter, Andress said in the Sunday upgrade note.

This compares to a prior growth estimate of 4% and the Street's consensus estimate of 6%, the analyst said. 

Breaking down the data into core attendance versus parks that were acquired, the research firm's data suggests "core attendance" growth of 4% which may prove to be conservative, he said. 

Beyond the second quarter, Six Flags will be up against easier weather compares, as last year's weather in the third quarter had an impact of about 500,000 potential guests, Andress said. 

This supports the stock's near-term setup, the analyst said. 

Signs of progress are materializing at the company's parks in China: Six Flags management met with local officials, he said. 

At the very least, Six Flags should offer "directionally favorable commentary" around the status of the parks in these two regions, Andress said.

This should help with the "rock-bottom" sentiment surrounding Six Flags' stock, as success in China could eventually translate to $10 million to $20 million of annualized EBITDA, according to KeyBanc. 

2 hours ago, Six Flags FUN! said:

When DC Comics Super Heroes meet & greets will return to the park soon?

DC Meet and Greets haven’t been around consistently for years.  Personally, I see no signs of them returning.

Today at the park I saw Sky Screamer stopped 3 separate times for people using cell phones during the cycle. That ride seems to be one of the most susceptible to phones I guess because of the view.  

On 7/5/2019 at 2:00 PM, 29yrswithaGApass said:

I don’t miss them. Use that money for some higher quality shows instead.  

Outside of Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, there's like no shows

On 7/12/2019 at 12:45 PM, owtoty said:

Was at the park on Wednesday and it was absolutely dead! Only stayed for a few hours and got on most major coasters, many several times. Still haven't ridden Wonder Woman yet, but I'm looking forward to it when it does reopen.

I heard they had to steal parts from Fiesta Texas, but I don't know if that was the last time or what. Looks like GA, MM, and FT will push their 2019's to 2020's.

33 minutes ago, Pineracer said:

I heard they had to steal parts from Fiesta Texas, but I don't know if that was the last time or what. Looks like GA, MM, and FT will push their 2019's to 2020's.

Not going to happen at GA.  MM and FT are in a different boat as they are year round operations but probably won’t change for them either.