VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

On 5/14/2021 at 12:54 PM, EasternThrills said:

Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro are now able to run together with people on both rides! 

362D07FE-7C76-444D-8E9F-58D7D2C09B41.jpeg

THAT'S surprising. I always thought that they simply couldn't run at the same time because of all the sheer mass exerted on the structure from both rides. What was the actual reason they couldn't do this until now?

I thought it was because the state of NJ wouldn't allow it because they were worried about a Zumanjaro rider getting hit with something from a rider on Kingda Ka.

6 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

Interesting to see Screamscape saying Road Runner Railway will re-open with Jersey Devil and a new name/theme. I'd assume it will be the "Little Devil" if that is happening? 

If Safari Kids got a retheme to Timbertown, and put RRR (Little Devil) over by Safari Tours, that would be awesome, and fit in next to JDC and the Pine Barrens area!  

Edited by EasternThrills

I think this could happen. The sign on the Safari Kids portal next to Nitro’s entrance is gone, so I think this definitely has a chance of happen. A Timbertown retheme would be perfect for this area. 

Edited by XENITH
  • Like 1

I think the Dino section will be after the Tigers. I would imagine guests with Dino tickets make a left and enter the backstage area where the trucks used to travel back to the theme park SORA loading dock, circle around and head back on the SORA path used to enter the Safari.  Quests would then continue into the old South American section followed by the baboon village.  

Temperature Screenings and Advanced Reservations are no longer being used, effective this Saturday.  Fully Vaccinated guests and team members no longer have to wear masks in outdoor locations around the park.

0B36AEA8-9E6F-4B62-96A6-061133749E49.jpeg

14 hours ago, MarioSonic94 said:

I'm guessing this means the NJ Transit bus service will resume soon?

Probably around Memorial Day, when full time operations start.

I wish we could stop all city buses from entering the park, call me selfish, but...

On 9/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Medusa42 said:

I wonder what happened to him now that the Chinese parks are cancelled.  He was sent to China with the director of park operations from SFGAm to setup and run the new parks there.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:48 PM, GAcoaster said:

I was wondering that too. I'm sure he'll turn up somewhere...

On 9/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, jdc12192 said:

He’s around :)

Mark Kane is the new park president at Six Flags Darien Lake.

https://youtu.be/BDnnO1PCpyU

https://www.iloveny.com/thebeat/post/new-park-president-named-for-six-flags-darien-lake/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Poison Ivy is becoming a serious problem at the park again. Over at Bizarro, there is one part of the queue where PI dangles down from a tree right overhead the main queue path. Tall persons can brush their heads against it and get rashes on their head or face! There is a similar problem on Congo Rapids where rafts float right under PI dangling over the bank at headrest height. I witnessed empty headrests making contact with the PI. Also see PI growing at ankle height up against the pavrment for the pathways for KK and the drop towers. Poison Ivy is a very invasive plant that take over areas very quickly and renders them impassable for humans. Keep a lookout for it, especially at the fringes of the park. 

Edited by The Master

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GAcoaster said:

I’m gonna be visiting during the operating season for the first time since I moved out of NJ. Gonna take a wild guess and say I probably won’t get to ride El Toro. 

On a semi related note, has the log flume reopened?