VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

I've heard similar rumors about why we don't have a Superman but that seems a little ridiculous to me. All super heroes are supposed to have super strength and whats to say someone won't do something equally as stupid with Batman or Wonder Woman? To think that they would get rid of Superman because of one incident in a park across the country seems extremely unlikely.

Those are just rumors and urban legends.

My understanding is they are just very protective of the Superman image. He's really a FACE character...he has to look like Superman. There is no mask, and padding can only do so much for a costume, it has to be someone who really looks like Superman in every way. That's tough to cast for $10 an hour for a seasonal job.

The other characters all have masks and padding that go a long way to transform just about anyone into that superhero. The full face characters (Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern) don't have the BILLIONS of dollars riding on their franchises right now, so there's a lot more leeway.

You know I wouldn't have thought about it that way. It's unfortunate too because with the villains hanging out over by FMTTM, having Superman over in the area of his ride could go a long way towards some vewry interesting interactions.

P.S. Maybe that's why we got FMTTM. The villains figured if they put in a show everyone panned, they would have the place to themselves :)

Overall, I try to be pretty positive around here... but has anyone else noticed that the ambient music for the more "generic" areas of the park (Dream Street, 4 tents, etc) has been nothing short of sucktacular the last few months?

I think the park is short an A/V tech. this year. The job has been listed for most of the season on the the official site. Although i'm not sure if they do the music programming or not.

Guest warnerleroy
Although the park doesn't have a "Disney" budget, I think enough money can be scraped together for a decent in park soundtrack! <_<

I can't believe I'm quoting myself, but I remember a few seasons ago, It's A Small World was playing near Musik Express. Could this be the beginning of being bought by Disney? Theres the Wiggles, which are shown on Playhouse Disney, Disney merchandise sold in Six Flags Kids and now Disney music?!?!?!?!? I'd love the park to be bought by Disney. It be a resort, not a park, and we'd always have top notch show and rides!!(Unless they add Stitch <_<<_< )

I can't believe I'm quoting myself, but I remember a few seasons ago, It's A Small World was playing near Musik Express. Could this be the beginning of being bought by Disney? Theres the Wiggles, which are shown on Playhouse Disney, Disney merchandise sold in Six Flags Kids and now Disney music?!?!?!?!? I'd love the park to be bought by Disney. It be a resort, not a park, and we'd always have top notch show and rides!!(Unless they add Stitch <_<<_< )

If disney were to buy us they would be stupid. And that would be the end of coasters at GADV. It would all be a bunch of childish BS that I dont care about. I like disney and all but I can only go there like once every 3 years for the fact that certin parks are soooo boring (magic kingdom, epcot) The only one I actually look forward to is AK.

Edited by southview2

Not saying it.... <_<

Anyway I kinda miss the Old Country music. Sure it was extremely annoying but at least it was themed. However, I think they should play more actual music throughout the park. Instead of playing mediocre music that fits no theming the park might as well play pop music that most people would actually enjoy.

Edited by x Million Miles Away x

I can't lie. I kind of get a kick out of the masses of teeny boppers who start dancing around the park when they play certain songs. It's just hysterical :)

I second that ;)

One thing I don't miss at the park were the overflowing trash cans, a few years ago is was very common and gross. Thankfully SF has cleaned up their act and overflowing trash cans are now pretty rare at GAdv.

I was just there last month. I always like to take a break during the day and chill at the lake for an hour. Here's a pic I took.

DSCF0004.jpg