VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Good to know the park is open for SP holders on Easter. You can't bring non SP holders with you though right? I am planning on going to Hershey that day but if that doesn't work out, I would like to try to get to Great Adventure.

For people who have gone in past years, is it that crowded? Last year when I was there the same day the group was there on a regular operating day it was very crowded.

I was wondering if the Staff here has anything on the old Laser Show at Showcase Theater? I brought it up on the "Your Own Idea For Firework's Show" Thread. It was the first time I thought about it in awhile, and for the time (late 70's I think) it was cutting edge. I don't remember too much about it, I was under 10yrs. old at the time.

Edited by Railer

Thank's Harry. I knew you would have something on it. And that pic. of it is accurate. From what I remember of it, the laser's were only Green colored, and it was mostly floral patterns, space theme's and just various "trippy" segments. The climax was the "Trench Run" scene from Star Wars. The music I remember was Come Sail Away, Kashmiere and I think Bohemiem Rhapsody. There was more music but that's all I remember. Hopefully, some more of it will come back to me as I think about it. I was only 9 at the time and my memory ain't what it used to be.

The park's been open an hour and supposedly Nitro and El Toro valleyed, Ka and TDK are down!

I just called the park and they said nitro and toro DID NOT valley, but are down due to high winds. I asked if Ka would be open then due to winds, but she said its open but will close at moments notice for gusts over a certain speed. As for TDK, I forgot to ask.