VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

i hope that in 2010 we see the reopening of old country, its a perfect area to stick some of the flats in the boneyard and reopen the autobahnm and music express, unless there in such bad condition from sitting so long and being neglected

• 2 weeks later...

I have always wondered about the large antenna tower in distance in this photo. It almost looks like it would still have been on Great Adventure's property but I would imagine it was related to the airbase. Anyone know any info on it or when it was removed?

I am assuming the skinny tower right behind the Skyride tower is the high dive tower in the Aqua Stadium but it seems kinda tall.

gallery_2_1_42727.jpg

Last night I watched ligthning hit El Toro (everything was blindingly bright for a second) and bounced off and hit Kingda Ka. And Ka's alarm was going off stating that there was an emergency, please evacuate :ph34r:

Also...watching Bizarro get hit a few times made us all chukle

I have always wondered about the large antenna tower in distance in this photo. It almost looks like it would still have been on Great Adventure's property but I would imagine it was related to the airbase. Anyone know any info on it or when it was removed?

I am assuming the skinny tower right behind the Skyride tower is the high dive tower in the Aqua Stadium but it seems kinda tall.

gallery_2_1_42727.jpg

The big tower in the background is a microwave tower...part of the telephone company's network.

The skinny thing that looks like it's right beside the Skyride tower is a lightning rod on Rolling Thunder's hill. If you look REALLY close, you can see where the wire runs down the ride structure.

Last night I watched ligthning hit El Toro (everything was blindingly bright for a second) and bounced off and hit Kingda Ka. And Ka's alarm was going off stating that there was an emergency, please evacuate :ph34r:

Also...watching Bizarro get hit a few times made us all chukle

Where did you guys go,my friend said Western Cables had to go to Log Flume,and Dream Street had to go to TDK,or did you guys stay in the station cause I heard winds got up to 80 MPH yesterday during the storm lol,I didn't get even close to the worst of the storm where I live

That's weird, I didn't see any storms around my place yesterday, guess a pop up cell must have hit GAdv that day. Usually the park closes down early if a storm hits it.

Edited by The Master

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...