VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Misc GA Mumblings

Up_Up_and_Away

Maybe it is somewhere else? Would they really need the blue train for parts when they got a train from

Shockwave in 2003 or 2004?

Edited by Yoshi

Daily operations at Hurricane Harbor starts this weekend!

Shame they don't start sooner in June like they used too. Both Wild Water Kingdom and The Boardwalk have been open daily for two weeks already.

That's 1 reason I don't go for the 3 park pass, I would use it mostly in early to mid June and they are closed during the week. I have been to WWK twice already and probably would have gone to HH 1 or 2 times if they had been open during the week

Source: Asbury Park Press

Great Adventure closing time extended to make up for blackout

June 18, 2010

JACKSON — The interruption in electric power at Six Flags Great Adventure Friday evening was the result of an outage outside the theme park, Great Adventure spokeswoman Angel Aristone said.

Aristone said the interruption occurred around 6:30 p.m., during which some rides were unloaded as a precaution.

"We had things back up and running within 45 minutes," Aristone said.

The normal 8 p.m. park closing was extended to 8:30 p.m. to compensate visitors for the time lost on the amusement rides during the outage, Aristone said.

Superman was contaminated by kryptonite and will down for about 3 weeks. BTR should be back up and running soon...it was fine all day Saturday.

Three weeks from the day it was closed? Or three weeks from the time this was posted? I'm only asking because we've planned a visit for next week (probably Wednesday; the park is 8 hours away by car and we don't visit too often), and we're hoping it'll be up and running. Seems unlikely, though.

Edited by Skarma

I laughed when I saw these... I ran across a few old slides from the early 80s of some of my earliest and most primative Great Adventure Lego creations. These are very simple compared to todays detailed and complex kits, but these were built when the different types of bricks was minimal and my Lego collection even less!

Snack stand, Buccaneer, Joust-a-Bout, SkyRide car, King Kong Photos, and the skull exit of the Haunted Castle:

gallery_2_4_2178678.jpg

The Haunted Castle:

gallery_2_4_770778.jpg

Carousel:

gallery_2_4_1285123.jpg

FreeFall:

gallery_2_4_665841.jpg

I also made a much more detailed model of Joust as well as the Swiss Bob, Parachuter's Perch and Roaring Rapids. I still haven't found those slides yet.

One day I might find my pictures...my Lego theme park had a Joust-A-Bout as well although I used a completely different design. I built a Schwabinchen as well.

The Joust pictured was my first attempt. After these I made a model of the entire Games Sqaure with all the stands and a different Joust and Parachutes. The newer Joust had the secondary arms and looked more realistic, although I remember those arms falling off when the ride went at a high speed (it was motorized). The Parachuter's Perch ride was really cool - about four feet tall and had eight working chutes, complete with all the guide cables. The only thing that wasn't a match was that the tower was red and the crown top was blue. My sister "accidentally" knocked it over when she got her hand caught in the guide cables. :angry: It has been almost 30 years since "the incident" but I can still hear that crashing sound.

There really aren't many Lego ride kits besides a ferris wheel:

toyfair%20088.jpg

You mostly had to build using imagination...something lacking in most toys. Even Lego isn't the same anymore with too many "specialized parts" that only have one use. It used to be you had to get really creative with the parts to make what you wanted with them.